Author Topic: Series 7  (Read 69659 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Kubrick Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2006, 09:00 AM »
I'm with the crew that says "no" to rereleases as well.  I realize its an expensive product, but we are mostly North Americans collecting a Japanese product.  I used to rail on people in Australia who used to bitch about not getting everything the US gets for Hasbro figures (or months after the fact) same goes for Europe and even a lesser extent Canada.  Its the part of the allure (to me at least) of this particular niche that makes it so great.  Anyone can amass a collection of say, ROTS stuff from last year, that will look the same on a shelf as the guy/gal across town has on their shelf.   That same person probably won't have a complete Kubrick collection. 

The other thing is that while none of probably admit it as the most important thing, there is something to be said of the secondary market on these.  I've told my wife a couple of times how much the figures go for on eBay and she can barely believe it.  I was able to get in on the ground floor and have stuck with it, I realize it sucks that the early stuff is expensive and that they are hard to get, but they are collectibles, and foreign ones to boot.  I've collected a lot of stuff over the years and take something like my Simpsons collection.  Due to moving and lack of space in our new house, my Simpsons stuff has been boxed up since we moved.  The line died a few years ago and so I'm stuck with 3 rubbermaids full of crap I don't collect anymore and can't display.  So what should I do?  Sell it and a fraction of what I bought it for?  Keep it in boxes that are wasting space (which my wife knows are there).  I'm probably leaning toward selling but the hit in the shorts on what I paid versus what I can get for them makes me think twice.  I'd rather keep them if I'm only going to get $1 for the $6 I spent.  Say 5 years from now I have a rubbermaid full of Kubricks, I'd like my investment in said collectible to stay as high as possible and I'd be mad that in 2007 they went and rereleased all of the chase figures and HTF stuff from 2003.

Just my 2 cents I guess

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2006, 01:03 PM »
I think we are pretty safe reguarding re-releases.
I can`t really think of any Kubricks that were re-released.
They did the paint deco change up to the Marvel kubs for boxed sets, and the Batman boxset also. But they were specifically for the US market, I just don`t see it
happening with SW.
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Good price on Indy

Indy......Indy........Indy......
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I think we are pretty safe reguarding re-releases.
I can`t really think of any Kubricks that were re-released.
They did the paint deco change up to the Marvel kubs for boxed sets, and the Batman boxset also. But they were specifically for the US market, I just don`t see it
happening with SW.

your right. i just wanted to throw the idea out there fully knowing there would be alot of resistance against that. hell, i own a imperial officer and i fully know that any kind of releases would kill the value. the main problem at least for me was how hard it was to get into the line initially as a brand new collector with the end of series 4 and into series 5. now imagining getting into a SW line without some of the main characters like chewy and r2d2. i'm not talking about background characters...i'm talking about main characters itself. it was interesting to see the replies though....i was beginning to think that this thread was slowly drifting off a bit....

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2006, 08:47 PM »
your right. i just wanted to throw the idea out there fully knowing there would be alot of resistance against that. hell, i own a imperial officer and i fully know that any kind of releases would kill the value. the main problem at least for me was how hard it was to get into the line initially as a brand new collector with the end of series 4 and into series 5. now imagining getting into a SW line without some of the main characters like chewy and r2d2. i'm not talking about background characters...i'm talking about main characters itself. it was interesting to see the replies though....i was beginning to think that this thread was slowly drifting off a bit....

To me, its not about the value, there is just something cool about these.
I would collect them regardless of HTF Chase figures etc.
That being said, the fact that they are unique and from Japan plays into my collecting as well, its like someone posted, anyone can put together a Clone army, I'd like to have something unique.
I agree that it would be nice to find some stuf without having to pay huge amounts or search forever, but the day that happens this line will be dead.
The Japanese would just loose interest.
Heck, they loose interest anyhow in things without them changing at all according to some Japnese friends of mine.
They have a different mind set when it comes to collecting.

I'm happy with the way these things work as long as they keep the line going.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2006, 11:23 PM »
I recieved an e-mail update from Robby.jp today confirming that Kubrick Star Wars Series 7 has been pushed back from Nov 4th.   New ship date is set for November 28th.   :(

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Oh great, I have other preorders with him around that time & my CC is going to scream!  :(

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2006, 08:53 PM »
I can wait another month I guess. I'm not buying 90%+ of what Hasbro is selling these days, so I find myself in the stores much less and enjoying my collection much more. Time to make the halloween wish for a Yakface kubrick chase!  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2006, 08:59 PM »
Yakface, man I would be all over that Kuby!  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2006, 11:36 PM »
Yakface, man I would be all over that Kuby!  ;D

Yeah, but it'll be in the case assortment that Robby.jp doesn't get, so we'll all be fighting with the vinty folks just like the blue Snag. :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 1, 2006, 07:16 AM »
This Rebo Band went for a bit of $$$.

Kubrick MAX REBO BAND Mint & V.Rare

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 1, 2006, 07:30 AM »
The Rebo set is the one glaring hole in my collection.  I haven't been able to convince myself to drop the dough yet (coming from some one who paid over $100 each for Indy, Veers, Tarkin, etc.  ::))
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 1, 2006, 09:54 AM »
I actually just sold my Rebo set last week. I hated to do it but I needed the $ more which sadly is a growing trend with my collection. I love the Kubs but when I look at these tiny figures and realize what I paid for them I find myself trying to justify why to keep them. The rest of the chases are probably next to go, then if i can bare it, the Speeder Bike set as the price has skyrockted. The regular series I don't mind keeping as the cost was minimal... 
« Last Edit: November 1, 2006, 09:59 AM by Madcow »

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
« Reply #88 on: November 1, 2006, 10:12 AM »
I hate to say it but I may be selling off mine too.  With the Imperial Chase and that Carded Sacul, becoming a completist is losing its appeal.  I'll see how I feel after Series 7. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 1, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Sacul?  What's that?