Author Topic: Series 7  (Read 69671 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2006, 11:11 AM »
I have 6 of them. I got a few of bikeridertony for a good price.
Other than Titaniums and RAH, I don`t buy much SW, so I like to army build a bit  ;D
Adam

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I have 6 of them. I got a few of bikeridertony for a good price.
Other than Titaniums and RAH, I don`t buy much SW, so I like to army build a bit  ;D

I have one now.  The only stuff I'm going to keep more than one of will be Imperials, mosty Stormies!  I hope they make a Snowtrooper.
I've realized that I will never keep up or be able to have all of these at the prices they go for, so I'm going to limit myself. (for example, I have the 400% Luke and Han Stormies so I sold the 100%, might pick up another to put the Helmet on though and have me a 400 Stormie!)
As far as non Star wars, I'll only need one of the Chase Alien Figures, thanks to Sith I will have all of Series two now.
I'd like to get an Old B.O.B. from The Black Hole and maybe a few strays here and there.
Like Sith I don't buy much of anything else, some of the Titaniums are great so I get those from time to time.
Mini Mates are making Battlestar Galactica Figures, so i may have to get those as well!
Its always something...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:58 PM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Mini Mates are making Battlestar Galactica Figures, so i may have to get those as well!
Its always something...

Forgot about those! I will need these for sure too.
Adam

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I'm at 5 cantina band members, so I guess I'll pick up a 6th at some point.

Hasbro has left me more than a little dissapointed in the basic line. There are some figures I like, but the

1) lack of significant improvements on redone figures 
2) massive reissues of both ships and bad figures, and
3) the total lack of playset/figure environments

have me expanding the kubrick collection. I dove into a big lot just to get the carded figures, and I even split up a set of series 3 so I could keep a second AT-AT driver. I'll focus my obsession on the kubricks, and pick up a few of the Hasbro items here and there, instead of the other way around.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2006, 10:43 PM »
A couple of months ago I got it in my head that I wanted 12 of each army builder type figure.  I've only achieved that with the TIE Fighter Pilot and Ewok/Wicket though.

Series 2
Cantina Band Member - instr. A - need 3
Cantina Band Member - instr. B - need 3
Sandtrooper - orange pauldron - need 6
Sandtrooper - white pauldron - need 6
Tusken Raider - need 12

Series 3
AT-AT Driver - need 12
Jawa - have 4, need 8 more
Wicket - have 12, need 0

Series 4
Stormtrooper - have 6, need 6 more

Series 5
Death Star Gunner - have 6, need 6 more

Series 6
Death Star Trooper - have 5, need 7 more
Luke X-Wing Fighter Pilot - have 9, need 3 more
Rebel Trooper - have 1, need 11 more
TIE Fighter Pilot - have 12

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2006, 11:27 PM »
I have some Luke Fighter pilots for $5 a pop. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Gonna need some deep pockets on these.  Rven if price is not an issue, it then becomes a matter of even finding them.

A couple of months ago I got it in my head that I wanted 12 of each army builder type figure. 

Series 2

Tusken Raider - need 12

Series 3
AT-AT Driver - need 12

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 03:33 AM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2006, 02:27 AM »
Gpnna need some deep pockets on these.  Rven if price is not an issue, it then becomes a matter of even finding them.

Tusken Raider - need 12

Series 3
AT-AT Driver - need 12

Yeah, those two are a pain to find alone. Raider I almost never see, and AT-AT driver usually goes for 30$+ and I can`t justify getting another one (yet!)

Adam

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I hate to say it...but why doesn't Kubrick rerelease some of their figures...especially army builders. it's frustrating as a Kubrick collector (getting into the line late) to really get into the line as it is as some of the main characters (Chewbacca & R2D2) were only released in an early bird set instead of in a main line. Earlier army builder figs (Tusken & AT-AT were released one per box as was the more recent Rebel Trooper). Imagine a 5-pack of Stormtroopers or Tusken Raiders packaged similar to the TRU exclusive sets. Die-hard Kubrick fans would love it as you could army build, new collectors are always intrigued with sets like these and could spark more interest into the line.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2006, 01:54 PM »
I hate to say it...but why doesn't Kubrick rerelease some of their figures...especially army builders. it's frustrating as a Kubrick collector (getting into the line late) to really get into the line as it is as some of the main characters (Chewbacca & R2D2) were only released in an early bird set instead of in a main line. Earlier army builder figs (Tusken & AT-AT were released one per box as was the more recent Rebel Trooper). Imagine a 5-pack of Stormtroopers or Tusken Raiders packaged similar to the TRU exclusive sets. Die-hard Kubrick fans would love it as you could army build, new collectors are always intrigued with sets like these and could spark more interest into the line.

And it's these reasons that I stick to one of each figure...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2006, 02:44 PM »
Added a Parco Sandy to the collection today, got in trade with Crackbrick.
Also White Paldron Sandy, RF Trooper and a Jawa.

RE: Army building
I would love to see boxed sets! Maybe a Vader and 4 Stormies. One with Jawas and Tusken Raiders. Hoth set with Luke, Han and a few AT-AT drivers.
Adam

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2006, 03:13 PM »
I want to see some beasts- use that bigger scale to get the Rancor, Bantha, Dewback, and Tauntaun out there!

Although I like the vintage Hasbro dewback with the sandtroopers like Crackbrick had displayed a few pages back

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2006, 06:27 PM »
I am not into army building but i do want to see the beasts. Jabba of course being number one. as for the cantina band members, if they had all 6 different instruments, then i woul dhave bought six.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2006, 03:40 AM »
I hate to say it...but why doesn't Kubrick rerelease some of their figures...especially army builders.

You have to remember that these are marketed for the Japanese market.
They are a different breed than anywhere else, especially here in the US.
I know one die-hard Star Wars collector that won't even talk to me anymore because of Kubricks...its a long story, but it essentially gets down to the fact that he could never grasp how people in Japan collect these types of things.
In his mind I had to be holding something back, he just could not put his brain around it.
Myself, I'm used to the way Bricks work, so none of this stuff bothers me, I'm happy with what I get and I don't complain.
Heck, we aren't even supposed to get the things here in the US!

Re-release and masive amounts are just not how the Japanese or Medicom see Kubricks, they would not be what they are if that happened, unless they market them for the US only...which I doubt will happen because the market is already flooded with Star Wars stuff.

CB
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 03:45 AM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2006, 08:26 AM »
I hate to say it...but why doesn't Kubrick rerelease some of their figures...especially army builders.

You have to remember that these are marketed for the Japanese market.
They are a different breed than anywhere else, especially here in the US.
I know one die-hard Star Wars collector that won't even talk to me anymore because of Kubricks...its a long story, but it essentially gets down to the fact that he could never grasp how people in Japan collect these types of things.
In his mind I had to be holding something back, he just could not put his brain around it.
Myself, I'm used to the way Bricks work, so none of this stuff bothers me, I'm happy with what I get and I don't complain.
Heck, we aren't even supposed to get the things here in the US!

Re-release and masive amounts are just not how the Japanese or Medicom see Kubricks, they would not be what they are if that happened, unless they market them for the US only...which I doubt will happen because the market is already flooded with Star Wars stuff.

CB

I'm actually glad to hear that.

One of my main complaints about domestic Star Wars products this year has been repacks and piles of product at the store that don't interest me. I don't have the space/time/money for the incredible production machine that is Hasbro (and gentle giant is catching up). I know bricks aren't cheap, but how many people plopped down $30.00 for an orange card leia in 1995 (with a face that could make you gag if you looked at it long enough)? I know I did. I sold my freeze frame weequay a while back, because it really is just a packaging difference, and was worth a lot more to someone else than it was to me. I like the niche market that Kubrick occupies, and I'm guilty of getting a few of Medicom's VCD as well. If Kubrick went back and introduced a case of new hope figures with 4 lukes, 3 leias, 3 chewies, and 2 R2's per box it would seem like a slap in the face to their loyal japanese customers.

As much as I like army building, I don't think it would be the same if they were everywhere and cheap as dirt. It's their uniqueness and perceived/real rarity that make these fun to me. Plus I've got a local dealer, and that makes it tough not to purchase them in bulk.   ;)