Author Topic: Series 7  (Read 69887 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Series 7
« Reply #420 on: January 2, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Just to reiterate - what the hell was Medicom thinking with two Anakin and one Gam. Guard in the box?  I'm going through my extras and I have an absolute ton of Royal Guards left over (no worries there) some extra Biker scouts (again, no biggie) an extra Lando, an extra Leia (I can work with those) and then five, count 'em, five extra Spirit Anakins.  Why?  Who cares?  I'd be pleased as punch if I were sitting on five extra Gam. Guards (even if they weren't exceptionally Kubricky) but five extra Anakins.  Blech. 

Also not keen on the chase ruining one of the boxes/sets, that's not helping me at all. 

crustily yours.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #421 on: January 2, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Just to reiterate - what the hell was Medicom thinking with two Anakin and one Gam. Guard in the box? 
...Why?  Who cares? 

Maybe they were making a political protest over the whole 2004 DVD "young Anakin ghost" swaperoo?

Yeah, I bet that's it.  They were soooooo pissed about Hayden's ghostly appearance in ROTJ that they released a TON of "Old Guy" Ghost Anakins to prove a point.   
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 2, 2007, 03:05 PM »
That I would support ;)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 2, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Whats worse, infested with Anakins or Ewoks? hmmmm

The Anakins make for good freebies & giveaways. I put a few kubs in the 501st box when they collected here (along with Luke X-wing and some other good ones, so don`t think I was just dumpin junk! )
They are nice to toss in when you trade with someone or sell something too. Melt a few down and see if they burn blue, bb gun targets, hang one from your rear view mirror, any number of things good ol` Anakin can be used for  8)
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 2, 2007, 04:54 PM »
My Kuby display cases arrived today so open they became. The smell of Kuby's, so intoxicating!  ;D  Except that Spirit Anakin, I found it had a different smell to it.  :-\

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 2, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Lookin` good!
Yep, ol` Anakin spirit is the weakest kub inwhile. I don`t like the spirit/holo stuff in general, but if they give us a Yoda to go with Ben & Anakin I guess it will be cool enough.
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 2, 2007, 08:01 PM »
A spirit Yoda would complement Ben & Anakin.  ;D 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 2, 2007, 11:42 PM »
My Kuby display cases arrived today so open they became. The smell of Kuby's, so intoxicating!  ;D  Except that Spirit Anakin, I found it had a different smell to it.  :-\

Very nice Dale.  Very nice indeed.  I think Yak Face is my favourite, followed by the Gamorrean and ERG.  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 18, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Thanks to Dale, I was able to grab a box of Series 7 (after thinking I had ordered a case from Robby.jp only to realize I never actually sent the e-mail  ::)), and it arrived today.  I was quickly reminded of how much I love the detail in these!  As sharp as the Royal Guards will look flanking the Emperor, I think my favourite is actually Leia Boushh because of the detail in her outfit and the removable helmet.  8)  Lando looks great for the same reason.  I love the Scout Trooper, it sure makes me wish I had the Bike too.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2007, 02:33 AM »
Again, a shout out to Dale who pointed me towards a nifty BIN for Yak Face.  Have to wait for it to arrive, but it should herald the end of Series 7 for me 8) 

BHS is on the way, box set is on order.  3-4 days until the announcement of Series 8.

Snowtrooper..........snowtrooper...........snowtrooper............snowtrooper..........snowtrooper....... :P

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 20, 2007, 03:04 AM »
Lookin` good!
Yep, ol` Anakin spirit is the weakest kub inwhile. I don`t like the spirit/holo stuff in general, but if they give us a Yoda to go with Ben & Anakin I guess it will be cool enough.

Speak for yourself, I love the Spirit versions!
And I love the Flesh Nod to the Vintage line...flesh nod, that just sounds wrong.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2007, 06:13 AM »
Lookin` good!

Speak for yourself, I love the Spirit versions!
And I love the Flesh Nod to the Vintage line...flesh nod, that just sounds wrong.

CB
I do speak for myself, who else would I be speaking for?
And, rumor at the shop is that you love to give flesh nods.
FYYFFY
Adam

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 21, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Very nice review on Series 7 Mr Jeff! I see you are trying to create more junkies for your peddling way...
Is the ankle holster actually usable?

I want this weekend to be all about series 8. Come on Medicom!!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2007, 05:27 PM »
I gave it a read as well - very nice.  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 22, 2007, 07:36 AM »
Very nice indeed, Jeff.  It's amazing the amount of people that have started collecting these.  I was late to the party but managed to catch up relatively easily.  Can't wait to see what series 8 brings.

Is the ankle holster actually usable?

Mine's not...
Common sense isn't so common