Author Topic: Series 6  (Read 151451 times)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the Kubricks!
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2006, 01:06 PM »
I keep hoping for that every time there is a new show announced (WCC, WonderFest, etc).

I'd love to see a Jabba Box Set - Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb, and Oola!

I`d be happy with just Jabba and Crumb and a nice slab for him to lounge on.
Oola and Bib would just be icing on the cake! Crossing my fingers that this set gets
made someday.

With some of the other sets they've made, I can totally see this as a possibilty...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2006, 02:10 PM »
I agree - best set since series 1.  Particularly loving that Gamorrean.

Seriously thinking about tracking down a Jorg Sacul.  It would be my first carded Kubrick and will probably open a ton of flood gates.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2006, 02:25 PM »
man, wallet is gonna take another direct hit. i already ordered a case of series 6 ...i tend to agree with the rest of you guys though, this set is fantastic and probably the best series yet next to series 1 (and maybe series 2). i can't wait to see what the chase figs are in the set...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Despite my interest in finding out what the series 7 chases are, I hope they keep it under wraps like they used to. I doubt releasing the chase information before hand increases sales, so let it be a surpirse.

That Jabba set would be fantastic. I hope they make it a TRU exclusive and not a festival one. The TRU sets are available in enough quantity to keep the secondary market prices reasonable ($10.00 a brick or so). That Rebo band set me back a ways...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2006, 02:40 PM »
Despite my interest in finding out what the series 7 chases are, I hope they keep it under wraps like they used to. I doubt releasing the chase information before hand increases sales, so let it be a surpirse.

I agree 100%, the anticipation of the chase figures was a big part of the excitement. 

Seriously thinking about tracking down a Jorg Sacul. It would be my first carded Kubrick and will probably open a ton of flood gates.

Come over to the dark side Mikey.  But be even darker, open them :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2006, 02:40 PM »

Wow, that's definitely an incredible lineup there (except for the Ani Spirit).  Glad to see Medicom indeed turn towards ROTJ for this series, as they were overdue to spread the love in the direction of the final installment.  I'll have to go dig up my ROTJ wants list (and maybe even my prediction for this exact series), and see how I did...  I know 5 of those were on my list, just not sure if they were in my Top 6, or not.  Just great to see many of the better remaining choices all get knocked off in one fell swoop!

As for the chases, well, it's not really all that fun or worthwhile to try to take educated guesses at them anymore, since the last series or two have had several chases with absolutely no rhyme or reason.  But pretending like there's still a connection of sorts to the box they show up in, I'd go with some of these as possible choices:

Imperial Dignitary (likely the vintage version)
Slave Leia (though I hope not, since she's too "main" of a character) Let's just pretend I never said that, thanks.  :-\
General Lando
Spirit of Yoda (or maybe Anakin w/ Hayden's head if the one they give us is the original Sebastian Shaw version)

As for the carded Sacul, OUCH.  That one hurts sumthin' fierce.  The Vader and Boba were tolerable, since we already had those loose, the Sandtrooper was painful, though somewhat easily customized, but this Sacul will leave a ringing sting in the pit of my completist stomach for some time to come...  :-\  Cool choice by Medicom though, I'll admit.

As for that Bearbrick nonsense, as the Grumpy Old Man would say, pphhhtttth.  I'll leave that sissy girl crap for Scott to collect.  ::)

Is this thread long enough yet, or will it reach 200 pages? This is one of the longest threads I have seen! I feel bad for newbies coming here and trying to read them all, lol   :D

Just think, I've been contemplating merging all 6 (I think) of our Kubrick threads back together, since there was technically never really a reason to split them apart in the first place (thanks Scott >:().  Then you'd really see one hell of a long thread!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 02:54 PM by JediMAC »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2006, 02:45 PM »
New pic, but not much bigger than the last one...

Slave Leia (though I hope not, since she's too "main" of a character)

Psst.  Didn't they already make her:P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #487 on: June 23, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Psst.  Didn't they already make her:P

No.  You're just seeing things.  >:(

:-[

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #488 on: June 23, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Series 7 is amazing!  Great line up and I agree its probably the best one since Series 1

I also merged everything together to make sissy boy happy ::) :-*

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
« Reply #489 on: June 23, 2006, 03:17 PM »
So I figure the obvious army builders are Scout Trooper (4:12), Imperial Guard (2:12), and Gammorean Guard (3:12).  Just a guess.  I also think we won't see any CHASES from ANH or ESB.  This will be a straight Jedi line just like Series 6 is ANH.  You never know though.  My guess for CHASES are Yak Face, AT-ST driver, (boring, but there's always a boring one),  Imperial Dignitaryand maybe a normal Anakin.  How about Amanaman?  That'd be cool.  What's with that Carded Kub?  Weird pick. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 23, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Great looking series - though I could care less about the spirit anakin.  Brent - I'm assuming you're getting a MC again?

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
« Reply #491 on: June 23, 2006, 03:24 PM »
Speaking of, I have 2 master cases of Series 6 left for $370 + shipping each if anyone is interested.  (I'll have them carded too but everybody knows that.)
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 23, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Great looking series - though I could care less about the spirit anakin.  Brent - I'm assuming you're getting a MC again?

Pretty much a guarantee.  I've got you, Jason and R5Don4 down as the series receivers unless I hear otherwise. 

Love to see a Yak-Face chase (1/96) for the vintage nod. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 23, 2006, 04:40 PM »

Pretty much a guarantee.  I've got you, Jason and R5Don4 down as the series receivers unless I hear otherwise. 

Love to see a Yak-Face chase (1/96) for the vintage nod. 

HOw could I forget Yak! That would be awesome
Adam

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #494 on: June 23, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Damn Straight  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird