Author Topic: Series 6  (Read 150611 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Attack of the Kubricks!
« Reply #840 on: July 20, 2006, 01:38 AM »
Well, here is what my box looked like after everything was opened (in order of original placement):

I was initially disappointed with the box because I was hoping for the full set. You see my local comic book shop sells sealed Star Wars kubricks (series 5 only) for $17.99 each (not including sales tax). If I bought a set of 6, the the total would be (not including 7% sales tax) $107.94. This box of 12 cost less than the total of 6, which was the reason of getting the case in the first place. Now, I've got to hunt for the other 2 which should be arriving in a few weeks at the shop to get caught up.

It was hard looking at what I had in front of me. I mean 5 X-Wing Lukes? 4 Tie Fighter Pilots? If you add up those two figures alone, they make up 75% of my case. While the Veers was worth the price alone (and it's the first chase I've ever pulled), I'll probably do the same thing again (preordering a box of 12 for series 7)...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Damn! 17.99 each, even for the commons? Ugh.
4 Tie Pilots is a good thing though, army builders!
Adam

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #842 on: July 20, 2006, 02:19 PM »
I picked up my master case today at the PO. I'll be opening it tonight when I get home from work. :D
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline konakazi

• Youngling
  • If only you knew the power of BIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 20, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Ningyoushi got the current wave in finally and they had Tarkin for $95. Sold out now!

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 20, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Damn! 17.99 each, even for the commons? Ugh.
4 Tie Pilots is a good thing though, army builders!

Yeah, the $17.99 price included commons. Believe it or not, they actually sell pretty well at that store (figure theres no other store in the area for that sell Kubricks). I'm thinking about going there tonight after I take my wife out to eat for dinner nearby to see if they had gotten their case in. I'll probably just splurge and get the Rebel Trooper and R4-M 9that nev er came in my case just to have the full set if they even have it in stock. I really don't feel like spending $60 and have to add to the total of X-Wing Lukes considering the cost of a box of 12 that I had already spent.

As for my case from BBTS, I'm going to preorder another box of 12 (series 7) and see the outcome from that. It's still a deal in my case because of the comic stores price for an individual common. I wish Medicom could've packaged more Death Star Troopers or Rebel Troopers in their boxes instead of X-Wing Lukes. I really don't know what I'm going to do with the 5 of them....would they even be considered an army builder??

Offline Scream27

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 20, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Is there any way to get on Robby's pre-order list, as I really want a mastercase for series 7, for those army builders?

Plus are you able to pre-order 400% kubs too?

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 20, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Ningyoushi has the Vader 400% on preorder for $120.00, $50.00 down (Thanks to Jedijaybird for that tip). No refund unless they cannot fill the order, so it may be worth a little wait to see who else will be selling them.

I tried to get hooked up with Robbyjp, but didn't meet their volume qualifications.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 20, 2006, 08:35 PM »
I'm glad I was patient with Tarkin.  Just got shipping confirmation from Ningyoushi on it.  For once I was happy to be up at 6:00 am central time.   ;D

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 20, 2006, 10:21 PM »
I posted some extras on the for sale board in case anyone is lookin...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 20, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Ningyoushi has the Vader 400% on preorder for $120.00, $50.00 down (Thanks to Jedijaybird for that tip). No refund unless they cannot fill the order, so it may be worth a little wait to see who else will be selling them.

I tried to get hooked up with Robbyjp, but didn't meet their volume qualifications.

Watch HLJ.com as they sold the Luke/Han troopers for the same price as Robby.jp.  No membership required and as much as I love being "in" with Robby.jp, I have zero gripes about HLJ. 

You probably don't meet membership requirements because your zip code is too close to Jeff's.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #850 on: July 21, 2006, 10:13 AM »
So I pulled 2 boxes from my master case, and just like most Robby's, I got a Tarkin in the first, and the 2 Wedges in the second.

Now I just have to score a Veers. I've been checking eBay, but they haven't been around. Anyone know where to score one?
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #851 on: July 21, 2006, 12:36 PM »
For Veers, don't forget to search under "Imperial Officer" as well as veers.

There are still a few out there on eBay, all in the $120-125 range.

*CHASE* Medicom Star Wars 6 Kubrick IMPERIAL OFFICER 96

NEW! STAR WARS KUBRICK 6 CHASE Imperial officer 1:96
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 21, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Series 6: Done ;D

Veers arrived to make my weekend.  $99.95 delivered :) thanks to a tip from Dale. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 21, 2006, 04:07 PM »
So I pulled 2 boxes from my master case, and just like most Robby's, I got a Tarkin in the first, and the 2 Wedges in the second.

Now I just have to score a Veers. I've been checking eBay, but they haven't been around. Anyone know where to score one?

Best price I have seen in a few days:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Imperial-Officer-Chase-Sp-Medicom-Kubrick-Star-Wars-S6_W0QQitemZ330010078093QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2474QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Adam

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 21, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Congrats on picking up an entire set of series 6 Morgbug!!

Tonight, i'm gonna try a different comic book shop (in the next state) to try to see if i can obtain the only two regulars that i was missing in my box of 12. the rebel trooper and r4-m9...I went to local one last night, but they never received their shipment...