Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132229 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #600 on: November 1, 2004, 09:34 AM »
Well, after looking over the auctions, I decided to buy a set of 9 for $200...time will tell how stupid that is but most sellers are saying the Jawa is 1:96 which means its going to be a $100+ Kubrick by itself.  The Logray will be around $40-$50 in the end if its truly 1:48...so I think I talked myself into that I didn't just overspend by $70 :-\

And BBTS better not have full sets for sale this time either, or I will be PO'd >:(

If you only get the Jawa or the Logray in a master case I think you made the best decision Scott.  Congrat's on your purchase.  I can't wait for my case to get here.  The anticipation is killing me.   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 1, 2004, 09:47 AM »
If it's true that they are both 1:96, $200 will be a really good price Scott.

I agree, Congrats Scott. At least the chase is over!  ;)

Looking back at series 2, HLJ shipped on Dec 4th & they arrived on Dec 9th, very fast as it was a big box & came by courier, They were released on Nov 27th so HLJ shipped about a week later. Basing it on that, HLJ should ship series 3 by the end of this week making it by next week for the cases to arrive or the week after, I hope!  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #602 on: November 1, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Well,

I bit the bullet.   :-X

Master Case of 48

I used up all my spare spending cash for November, but maybe I'll luck out with a good chase (Logray)...

So, I should end up with:
12x - Wicket (or 11x Wicket & 1x Logray)
12x - Jawa (or 11x Droid Caller Jawa & 1x Ion Rifle Jawa)
9x - Carbonite Block
4x - ATAT Driver
4x - Lando
4x - C-3PO
3x - Hibernation Sickness Han Solo

Anyone need some Ewoks or Jawas?   Carbonite Block?  Maybe a set of 6 or 7 (with Chase Han)? 

I'll have extras!  :P

Jeff
Jeff, I'll take an extra Jawa or two as well

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #603 on: November 1, 2004, 09:54 AM »
Well, after looking over the auctions, I decided to buy a set of 9 for $200...time will tell how stupid that is but most sellers are saying the Jawa is 1:96 which means its going to be a $100+ Kubrick by itself.  The Logray will be around $40-$50 in the end if its truly 1:48...so I think I talked myself into that I didn't just overspend by $70 :-\

And BBTS better not have full sets for sale this time either, or I will be PO'd >:(

I really considered buying one of those sets of 9 myself, but I decided to go the master case route for the "fun" of opening the boxes and being surprised.

Everything I'm reading indicates that it seems like 1out of every 4 Master Cases offers up a Jawa...  that would be 1/192 on the Jawa if it's true!!!  There are a lot more Logray out there compared to Jawa...  :-\

If so, that $200 for all nine is a great deal now...  those 1/192 Kubricks sell for that much alone!

Jeff

ps.
Scott, glad to sell ya an extra Jawa or two, we can work that out when my case gets here.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #604 on: November 1, 2004, 10:38 AM »

I really considered buying one of those sets of 9 myself, but I decided to go the master case route for the "fun" of opening the boxes and being surprised.

Everything I'm reading indicates that it seems like 1out of every 4 Master Cases offers up a Jawa...  that would be 1/192 on the Jawa if it's true!!!  There are a lot more Logray out there compared to Jawa...  :-\

If so, that $200 for all nine is a great deal now...  those 1/192 Kubricks sell for that much alone!

Jeff

ps.
Scott, glad to sell ya an extra Jawa or two, we can work that out when my case gets here.   ;)

Hey Jeff, where did you read the 1:192 deal? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #605 on: November 1, 2004, 11:00 AM »
It's part my own detective work and some of the stuff I've read at HongKong and Japanese sites where ppl have opened their Master Cases.

I've been keeping track of all of the Lograys and Ion Rifle Jawas I see on eBay, Japan eBay (bidders), and both of the yahoo auction sites for Japan & Hong Kong.

Almost all the auctions state that with the Master Cases you will always end up with either Logray or Jawa, meaning that they are 1:96 if evenly split, but I keep seeing Logray much more than the Jawa being pulled.

No hard evidence yet (too early), but lots of circumstantial evidence pointing to a 1:192 Jawa and 1:48 Logray instead of both of them being 1:96.

Jeff

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 1, 2004, 11:08 AM »
HLJ is now showing series 3 as low stock.

Item is in stock, but at the current sales pace we expect to run out within one week (if we don't get new supply).

And they just happen to be doing server maintenance when I checked my order.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #607 on: November 1, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Woot!

Just got shipping confirmation.  My master case should be here early next week!   ;D

Jeff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 1, 2004, 11:37 AM »

Y'know, I'll be right there with you on that one.  To the point where I may just sit on my box and not open it until they post what they are doing on the site itself.  Rumours are one thing, but if they come back with a $150 complete set of 9, I'll be ordering it in the blink of an eye (like everyone else)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #609 on: November 1, 2004, 01:29 PM »
And nice eye, Daniel!  To me, it looks like the commlink Jawa is sculpted in plastic, but the blaster Jawa has one of those cloth outfits like a few of the previous Kubricks.  Doesn't look like sculpted plastic to me, like the regular one does...

So I was wondering the other day what the significance of this odd little difference between the Jawas was - one plastic sculpted version, and one "cloth" version...  When it struck me: This is yet another nod to the Vintage era.  Duh.  The "vinyl" caped Jawa, and the "regular" Jawa.  Cool!  No wonder they're making the Vinyl caped version so rare - it's mimicking the Vintage one's scarcity!

Another very cool display of collecting knowledge from the folks over at Medicom...   8)
« Last Edit: November 1, 2004, 01:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #610 on: November 1, 2004, 01:46 PM »
So I was wondering the other day what the significance of this odd little difference between the Jawas was - one plastic sculpted version, and one "cloth" version...  When it struck me: This is yet another nod to the Vintage era.  Duh.  The "vinyl" caped Jawa, and the "regular" Jawa.  Cool!  No wonder they're making the Vinyl caped version so rare - it's mimicking the Vintage one's scarcity!

Another very cool display of collecting knowledge from the folks over at Medicom...   8)

HA!  Now Dale knows what it's like to have people not read HIS posts  Some Karma feedback from that Knight thread...  :P

Holy ****! Are my eyes seeing what they are seeing, the chase Jawa has what appears to be a Vinyl cape!  This is awesome & a very nice nod to the vinty line. Kudo's Medicom.

Either that, or you old guys don't read so well...

:P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 1, 2004, 02:21 PM »

Yes, you're despicable

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #612 on: November 1, 2004, 03:51 PM »
HA!  Now Dale knows what it's like to have people not read HIS posts  Some Karma feedback from that Knight thread...  :P

Holy ****! Are my eyes seeing what they are seeing, the chase Jawa has what appears to be a Vinyl cape!  This is awesome & a very nice nod to the vinty line. Kudo's Medicom.

:-[

Can I at least suggest that brilliant minds think alike...?!

« Last Edit: November 1, 2004, 03:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #613 on: November 1, 2004, 08:52 PM »
Well I have to agree with Jeff that there a hell of a lot more Lograys than Vinyl Cape Jawas right at the moment, so that might indicate that Jeff is correct about the ratio thing.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 1, 2004, 09:55 PM »
Sweet, so far so good. Looking forward to getting the Kuby's.  :)

The following items are now being processed for shipping. This means we have identified these items as being in stock, and are processing your payment, calculating final shipping charges, etc. in preparation for getting this order to you. It should leave our warehouse in a few days.