Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 131353 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2004, 07:53 PM »
I just contacted BBTS to see if Joel would give us a discount for multiple master case pre-order's.  So if you were interested in a master case, or even a single case we may be able to save a decent amount of money if we go in together.  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2004, 08:44 PM »
I just contacted BBTS to see if Joel would give us a discount for multiple master case pre-order's.  So if you were interested in a master case, or even a single case we may be able to save a decent amount of money if we go in together.  

I've already preordered a master case, but still have not received my new credit card (the one I used expires in August). Im hoping the new one arrives soon so I can change it. I'd be happy to say that I'm placing my order with you guys so he can maybe give you a discount, but I dont want to do anything until my new card arrives. I'd hate to seem like Im jerking the guy around and potentially screw up a group deal for everyone.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Received this today from Spanky.  He's awesome.   ;D

Dawg :o  Have you displaced Dale as the king of the Kubrick's yet?  Most impressive.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2004, 01:10 PM »
My case from Oscar has arrived!  :o   8)  

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2004, 06:31 PM »
Just got the reply from Joel.  $345.00 per master case of series 3 if we bought three to four of them.  So who would be interested?    

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2004, 11:29 PM »
Just got the reply from Joel.  $345.00 per master case of series 3 if we bought three to four of them.  So who would be interested?    

Would he count mine towards the total? No worries if I dont get a discount, but if it helps you guys, Im all for it. Just keep note of the credit card issue I posted about...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2004, 09:13 AM »
Lets see, this was from my last order of the master case not including the extra 5th case I got.

48 piece(s) @ 780 yen each = 37440 yen. 37440 yen = $344.512 US as per today's currency.

BBTS:       $345.00 US.
HLJ:         $344.512 US.        Same!

Now taking this into mind like I mentioned before, BBTS looks like they got there cases from Hong Kong as mine came from Japan. I'd like to see what happens with any variants/chase that comes out of these cases.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2004, 06:22 PM »
Dale, how much was shipping?  Shipping from BBTS would be $5.00, and I'm pretty sure I could get a master case delivered to Canada for less than $20.00.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Shipping from Japan would be around the $40. range & then customs on top.

If I order a master case from BBTS, I would rather have the Kubricks shipped from you as you seem to have great luck in getting a proper & cheaper cost to us.

So would the master case be shipped from BBTS to you, then I have to pay that shipping cost then shipped to me, pay on top again or would it shipped from BBTS with there shipping cost.  :-\  

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2004, 10:59 PM »
The cost for 3 to 4 master cases would be $5.00 total for shipping to me.  So this split 3 or more ways would be peanuts.  However, I would be allowed to mark the items as a gift, so customs hopefully would not be much of a factor.  All in all if you wanted in on the group buy I think you would save at least $20.00.  Also, HLJ could always charge a little more for series 3 as the SRP has gone up slightly on Kubrick's.  BDW, I don't know how we could get your case in on the discount, but if you have any ideas let me know.  You could always email Joel and let him know the situation and say you need to cancel the order.  Then when the group buy goes in we could re-order your case.  The only bad thing about this idea is how we could get Joel the money in one payment.  I do have paypal, but paypal charges fees on payments received, and on a total of $345.00 the fee would be significant.  So basically if you would need to use a credit card for this purchase I don't know how we could go about it.  If anyone has any ideas please share them.  Personally I was just hoping to save a little bit and help everyone else here do the same.  Maybe it will be more trouble than it's worth.  I don't know.  If at least 4 people here wanted a case of 12 we could get a master case for them too, that way one of the four people would be guaranteed the chase piece.  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2004, 11:04 PM »
I may go that route Padawan, and just pay cash/money order/cashier's check. I wont cancel my order just yet though.

The bitch of the matter is, my employer hasn't paid me, or my four other fellow workers, regularly for about 3 months. I'm owed just over $5,000. So it all depends on how much of that I get, and how quickly. We're currently looking into other means to get our money. If anyone has ideas, please let me know! I'm considering the state attorney general, especially give the fact that, at least here in Indiana, we are entitled to 3 times our back pay in this situation.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2004, 01:25 AM »
However, I would be allowed to mark the items as a gift, so customs hopefully would not be much of a factor.  

Oh that this were true :(  Sadly, Dale, myself and quite a few others are all too well known to customs and we get nailed quite regularly.  Marking it as a gift is often helpful, and always appreciated, but seldom noticed by ye olde customs staffe.  Ooh, looky, DSJ is getting another box, oh, it's a big one, better nail his ass on this one is pretty much how it goes.  Granted, you could knock the value down substantially and still be believed, providing there is no receipt/bill/other proof of cost and that could indeed save Dale a ton of money.  Even marking it at half it's value would save him at least $14 Cdn.  I'm guessing air parcel post on that would run around $14 US to Dale.  The only snag is insurance coupled with declaring a lower value.  Worth the risk Dale?

FWIW I'm pretty much waiting for BBTS to have sets again.  Hopefully not much more than last time, though depending on the chase, I may or may not be too keen on them.  Indy was a special case.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2004, 01:34 AM »
Brent kinda sums it up pretty good. You can mark it a gift & lower the value & you may or may not get hit with duty. It's a crap shoot.

I have had  parcels that should have been nailed with customs as the actual cost or higher was marked on them. Sometimes they slip through, sometimes they don't but then theres the parcels with a lower value that do get hit with customs. WFT?  I as well as Brent have had our share of customs. Bastages!

I will go with HLJ when they come on there site. I do as well as others appreciate all the help we can get. I'm also curious as to the varian/chasset thingy.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2004, 09:54 AM »
I find it weird that of all of the different packages I get from Canuckia and Asia that I have never ever even been asked one thing about Customs.  I wonder if the US even charges for that sort of thing

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Hey guys.  I haven't been here in a long time, but news of series 3 drew me back.  I am excited for series 3.  I scanned the last few pages, and can't find info on the chase figures.  Are they known yet?

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com