Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132332 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2004, 05:08 PM »
Ahem...

December!

TRU Japan!

No price that I saw :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Scratch that...3499 Yen or around $32

I'll take one Simon!!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2004, 05:15 PM »
Me too please! 

:)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2004, 05:17 PM »
Me three please, not that you hadn't already figured it out. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2004, 05:30 PM »
No, he's not from Minnesota...

Ah, you sent Brian a Han Kubrick, eh?!  Yeah, he's poked in his nose in here a few times in the past.

And Brent, who the hell here's from Seattle?  I know you're not getting so senile to confuse L.A. with that, right?  I mean, I know you're like 49, or something, but c'mon...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2004, 05:31 PM »
Simon's already holding some Legos for me to send with the Boxset, so he knows my ass is already signed up!  (but consider this a reminder anyway...)   ;)

Just a question of whether I want/need TWO boxsets...   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2004, 05:44 PM »
No, he's not from Minnesota...

Ah, you sent Brian a Han Kubrick, eh?!  Yeah, he's poked in his nose in here a few times in the past.

And Brent, who the hell here's from Seattle?  I know you're not getting so senile to confuse L.A. with that, right?  I mean, I know you're like 49, or something, but c'mon...

Nope, not senile, it's an RS reference.  When I first went on the boards over at RS, I introduced myself in the Minnesota forum, because it was the closest geographically.  I was welcomed with open arms and had no problem getting help, at cost, from the guys in that forum.  The Seattle forum was an entirely different story.  I was heading down there and asked for some help on stores, etc.   Not a peep.  Three or four, similar polite requests were met with utter and complete silence. 

Not everything is about you buddy :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2004, 05:52 PM »
Can I jump on board for one of those box sets too?? Please   :)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Simon's already holding some Legos for me to send with the Boxset, so he knows my ass is already signed up!  (but consider this a reminder anyway...)   ;)

He's holding some Legos for me too to send with this boxset. But a friendly reminder never hurt anyone.  :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2004, 09:56 PM »
Must have the box set, down for 1 Simon.  8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2004, 09:03 AM »
I'm still baffled by the choice of figures here but I'll take them all...

BTW, Series 3 is only a few weeks away!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2004, 09:15 AM »

Yeah, Jeff was nice enough to send an extra Han Kubrick he had laying around my way.  I've always been interested in these things, and each time I came in here checking out your conversations on the line, I got tempted even more.  I figured I'd start out with my favorite, Han, and see what the line was all about.  I'm sure once I get my first one, I'll be hooked.  Hopefully I can afford to go along for the ride with you guys here in "the club".

Nice news on the box set.  The character choice is interesting, although I really like that Bespin Han.  Excuse my newbie-ness, but how does this work when a set like this or something comes out overseas?  Do you guys go via ebay, or place "your order" with Simon, or what is the best way to go?  Since I'm new here, and not even sure if I can afford to go all out, I certainly don't expect to be able to have the same precedence as you guys...but I was just curious how you go about getting these since they aren't released in the US (and Canada).  Anyways, if nothing else, its nice to be a very small part of the club here...with my first Kubrick arriving hopefully by the beginning of next week. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2004, 09:18 AM »
I'm still baffled by the choice of figures here but I'll take them all...

BTW, Series 3 is only a few weeks away!!!

Not even the slightest bit of hint as to the Chase figure(s) yet?  Does that kind of info leak out or is it really a wait and see what turns up on eBay kind of thing?   :-\

I wouldn't mind seeing a TC-14 Chase off 3PO or maybe a Chief Chirpa Chase off Wicket.  I also heard/saw someone mention TIE Pilot off the AT-AT Driver.  That would be kind of neat too :)

Jeff

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2004, 09:24 AM »
Nice news on the box set.  The character choice is interesting, although I really like that Bespin Han.  Excuse my newbie-ness, but how does this work when a set like this or something comes out overseas?  Do you guys go via ebay, or place "your order" with Simon, or what is the best way to go?  Since I'm new here, and not even sure if I can afford to go all out, I certainly don't expect to be able to have the same precedence as you guys...but I was just curious how you go about getting these since they aren't released in the US (and Canada).  Anyways, if nothing else, its nice to be a very small part of the club here...with my first Kubrick arriving hopefully by the beginning of next week. :)

Well, I played catch up via eBay, but I think most of the fellas here try to grab a box (or Master Case for a few of the crazies) from various e-tailers.  I'm sure one of the Club Elders will be glad to post a few links for you... or US I guess since this is the first wave to hit retail for me too.

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Chase figures are top secret until they show up on eBay, there was a thread over at Kubrickworld a few months ago about how Medicom HQ is like the Pentagon in their security I guess...and while those variants/chase figures are totally possible, they could quite possibly make the chase be Yoda or The Emperor or even Vader, they have and will do whatever the hell they please (Hey how about an E.T. Kubrick for some cross promotion again as long as they had the rights from Spielbergo)

Brian...there are tons of ways to get them

eBay ronnicshop hk apestore vince carter15 have all hooked me up in the past and can be a good source for both new and old

e-tail (both domestic and Asian)

http://www.kubrickworld.com/resources.php

Simon

If things are exclusive to Japan or to the Medicom Collector's Club he's been a huge help to getting us the goods.  Plus he's hooked me up on some of the hard to find chases from other Kubrick lines and can probably score some of the older releases as well

There have been a few sets released at US retail, the Rocky Set and the Batman sets come to mind off the top of my head, SW can't be released here due to the license with Lego