Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 131342 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #585 on: October 31, 2004, 01:17 PM »
When you get that master case Jeff & with everyone one else that ordered one, keep tabs on the placement of the figures so can figure out where the chases are.  ;)

You caught me off guard on that Jeff, you started slowly & moved up. Hope you get good chases.  :)

;D 

Can do.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 31, 2004, 01:40 PM »
Finally a back side pic of the carbonite block, there are 2 clips to hold Han.   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 31, 2004, 03:57 PM »
Hmm, very interesting news on the Jawa.  Great catch gentlemen.  That's a very appealing piece all of a sudden.  :o  I think the Han will work out to end up pretty inexpensive, like the white pauldron sandtrooper, yes? 

BTW, I have a spare white pauldron sandtrooper to trade for a Hybernation sickness Han if anyone has interest in doing so down the road.  Also have a spare set of Series 2 if any lurkers are interested. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 31, 2004, 06:17 PM »
Yep, it does indeed look like the chase Jawa is 1:48.  So three chase figures this time around.  Sucks for the wallet, but it makes it more exciting.  Hey OCB, PM me if you would like to know what a master case from Spanky was shipped. 

Offline incircles

• Youngling
  • I've got a bad feeling about this
    • View Profile
    • brandnewsky
« Reply #589 on: October 31, 2004, 07:18 PM »
Should be getting my set of 6 from YesAsia soon. Not sure if they come sealed in the boxes or not. I like the Han and Logray chases, so fingers crossed I get my hands on them.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #590 on: October 31, 2004, 09:21 PM »
Yep, it does indeed look like the chase Jawa is 1:48.  So three chase figures this time around.  Sucks for the wallet, but it makes it more exciting.  Hey OCB, PM me if you would like to know what a master case from Spanky was shipped. 
PM has been sent :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #591 on: October 31, 2004, 09:38 PM »
First of all, welcome to Kubrick Country Adam!  Nice to have another Kubrick fanatic aboard.  Our previous Adam recently retired, so it's good to have another one on board now...   ;)

And nice eye, Daniel!  To me, it looks like the commlink Jawa is sculpted in plastic, but the blaster Jawa has one of those cloth outfits like a few of the previous Kubricks.  Doesn't look like sculpted plastic to me, like the regular one does...

Regardless, this Series is starting to look pretty gnarly if it really does have 3 "real" chase figures in it.  Still no word yet on whether any of these are just the usual Japan/Hong Kong variant?  I'm still just gonna wait patiently on the sideline to figure out exactly what the heck we're dealing with here.  It'll be good to see what you guys get out of your cases too.  That should help solve some of the ratio questions and such.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #592 on: November 1, 2004, 04:03 AM »
I am starting to think that the Jawa is not going to be like the Cantina Band Member. Its not just the weapon thats different, the cloak is different too. Its a totally different figure. Thats awesome, but it sucks in a way too.
Brilliant Daniel!! Good spot.

Lookl at the remark in this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48972&item=5931210837&rd=1

Remark : You are looking at a STAR WARS KUBRICK [SERIES 3] full set of 9, one cargo of 48 only have either SECRET JAWA OR SECRET WICKET[/u]

If this is the case, and my mathematics is right, doesn't this make the  Vinyl Cape Jawa and Logray 1:96 each? And therefore that would make them much rarer than Indy.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2004, 07:54 AM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 1, 2004, 07:07 AM »
I am starting to think that the Jawa is not going to be like the Cantina Band Member. Its not just the weapon thats different, the cloak is different too. Its a totally different figure. Thats awesome, but it sucks in a way too.
Brilliant Daniel!! Good spot.

Lookl at the remark in this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48972&item=5931210837&rd=1

Remark : You are looking at a STAR WARS KUBRICK [SERIES 3] full set of 9, one cargo of 48 only have either SECRET JAWA OR SECRET WICKET[/u]

If this is the case, and my mathematics is right, doesn't this make the  Vinyl Cape Jawa and Logray 1:96 each? And therefore that would make them much rarer that Indy.

I think you are right!
Have to wait and see on this one, damn krackbricks!
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 1, 2004, 08:50 AM »
Boy if that is right, its going to be a hunt for the Logray or Jawa. More rarer than Indy, crap, the price might go higher on ethier of them!  :-\

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 1, 2004, 08:54 AM »
I've got my fingers crossed that you get all chases in one master case.  If not, I probably should have just bought a complete set of 9.   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 1, 2004, 09:02 AM »
Hard to say whats is going to happen, I read a short blurb about a guy who pulled 2 Indy's from a box of 12.  :o

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #597 on: November 1, 2004, 09:15 AM »
Well, after looking over the auctions, I decided to buy a set of 9 for $200...time will tell how stupid that is but most sellers are saying the Jawa is 1:96 which means its going to be a $100+ Kubrick by itself.  The Logray will be around $40-$50 in the end if its truly 1:48...so I think I talked myself into that I didn't just overspend by $70 :-\

And BBTS better not have full sets for sale this time either, or I will be PO'd >:(

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #598 on: November 1, 2004, 09:32 AM »
If it's true that they are both 1:96, $200 will be a really good price Scott.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #599 on: November 1, 2004, 09:33 AM »
If it's true that they are both 1:96, $200 will be a really good price Scott.
That's sort of what I'm thinking, every indication is that the Jawa is not in every case, I think Logray is though based on what the auctions have been showing all along.  Even if there are two 1:48 per master case $200 is pretty close to the right price