Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132646 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #1080 on: December 29, 2004, 09:33 AM »
My theory is just that it's an entirely different character, and not just a slight materials and accessory change, like the Jawa.  Also, the chase Jawa seems to have been about twice as abundant on eBay lately as well, but that's really not saying much...

I've been keeping track and from what I've read, the Logray/Jawa are definately about 1/96 each.  Neither was shipped more heavily than the other one.

I think I'd agree that the reason that you see more Jawas are the fact that he's a variant, not a new figure.  I think more people are willing to part with the chase Jawa (and get some phat cash) because they still have the regular Jawa from Series 3.  I don't think as many people part with their Logray because he is a unique figure.

Just my $0.02,
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1081 on: December 29, 2004, 01:07 PM »
My theory is just that it's an entirely different character, and not just a slight materials and accessory change, like the Jawa.  Also, the chase Jawa seems to have been about twice as abundant on eBay lately as well, but that's really not saying much...

I've been keeping track and from what I've read, the Logray/Jawa are definately about 1/96 each.  Neither was shipped more heavily than the other one.

I think I'd agree that the reason that you see more Jawas are the fact that he's a variant, not a new figure.  I think more people are willing to part with the chase Jawa (and get some phat cash) because they still have the regular Jawa from Series 3.  I don't think as many people part with their Logray because he is a unique figure.

Just my $0.02,
Jeff

Well that makes sense. I was going to say the same thing, but you said it good enough for me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 01:58 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 29, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Congrat's on the Jawa Morgbug.  I wish I knew you were willing to spend that much.  I could have hooked you up a while back for less than the shipped price on the one you got.  I sold it for $58.00 plus shipping on ebay, but was willing to sell it outright within the U.S. for $60 shipped.  Still a good price though. 

I have yet to get a TRU set.  If I can find one for around $60.00 shipped I would quit putting it off.  Carded Fett, both chase Fetts, & the TRU set is all I am missing currently, but I think I will be missing the trio of Fett's for a long time to come, as they are not worth the price of admission to me.     

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 29, 2004, 06:25 PM »
Congrat's on the Jawa Morgbug.  I wish I knew you were willing to spend that much.  I could have hooked you up a while back for less than the shipped price on the one you got.  I sold it for $58.00 plus shipping on ebay, but was willing to sell it outright within the U.S. for $60 shipped.  Still a good price though. 

Plus this...

Yeah, I'd seen lots at $70-75 so a bit of a drop like that and I jumped all over it. Should guarantee a future price drop of at least $10 ::)

Equals Murphy's Law.  I rest my case. 

thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.  Should have blabbered about my intent in here prior.  I'll have to think about what I want to pay for the other stuff I want.

Do want a Droids R2 and Droids Fett to open.  Prolly around $60 for the R2 and maybe about the same, little more for Fett.  Card condition is obviously less of a big deal to me, so anyone knows anyone that had some stepped on, lmk. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 31, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Got a new year present from Ningyoushi.com today

They were sold out before I could even post here :-(
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 31, 2004, 03:20 PM »
Happy New Year to you too Adam. Congrats on the Logray & at a great price too.  8)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 31, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Happy New Year to you too Adam. Congrats on the Logray & at a great price too.  8)
Thanks!

I am all caught up on the ones I want now. I might go for a few of the carded figs if I can get them for the right prices. I would love to have the R2 and Fett.
Also, since they have a 3PO now, I am kinda thinking they will do a droids 3PO since
they already have the fig and all. I WILL open them! I figure, I spent $100 on Indy, 55 on Logray and the carded ones are in the same range, heyna? Also, I really want
the Death Star Escape set that Kamiru put out. I know they are horrible compared to Kubricks, but I like the Luke and Han storms that are in the set.

Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1087 on: January 1, 2005, 03:34 AM »
I spent ... 55 on Logray

Damn!  Nice deal on that one Adam!  I was just about to ask what you snagged it for, and then noticed it in your follow up post there.  Nice score!

As for that Death Star Escape set, I need that one too!  Haven't even seen one up on eBay in quite a while now.  Gotta nab me the old Biker Scout too, to polish off my "Kubrick bootleg" set...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 1, 2005, 07:04 AM »

As for that Death Star Escape set, I need that one too!  Haven't even seen one up on eBay in quite a while now.  Gotta nab me the old Biker Scout too, to polish off my "Kubrick bootleg" set...

Before I wanted it, I saw a few on eBay, now no one has it. I haven`t notice the
biker set either, I`ll keep an eye out for ya though.
Keep an eye on www.ningyoushi.com , over at the other forum, it`s been said they
update at odd hours, so maybe they`ll be putting more Logray or Jawa up.
Excellent service too, I had it in 2 days!
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1089 on: January 3, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Is "honorious" the eBay seller that we were bagging on earlier, regarding having too many of the TRU boxsets?  'Cause he's got a few up right now, with this description in his auctions:

Medicom official "Star Wars Kubrick set of 5" sold limitedly in Toysrus. In original box. Never opened. New condition. The set include SPIRIT OF OBI-WAN KENOBI. BESPIN HAN SOLO. PAPLOO. R5-D4 and IMPERIAL R2 UNIT.

I have 60 sets right now.

Plese email me for multiple orders.

Bastard.   ::)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 3, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Is "honorious" the eBay seller that we were bagging on earlier, regarding having too many of the TRU boxsets?  'Cause he's got a few up right now, with this description in his auctions:

Yep, same dude. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 3, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Yep, same guy. Infact the only seller I have seen with that amount.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1092 on: January 3, 2005, 10:08 PM »
Simon, if you're not too dinged up from your snowboarding trip, perhaps you could track this bastard down, and kick his ass on all of our behalves.  Yeah, that'd be great.  Thanks!

Still several Vinyl Jawas up on eBay, getting little interest, at around $65 - $70.  Meanwhile, the one Logray up there has 25 bids on it, sitting at $71 with a day and a half to go.  So even if they're equally distributed at 1:96 (as we're generally assuming they are), the Logray chase is by far the more popular of the two...  Gonna be a bitch trying to nab that one!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 3, 2005, 10:20 PM »
the Logray chase is by far the more popular of the two...  Gonna be a bitch trying to nab that one!

No accounting for taste or logic is there?  I'd pay the $55 for the little fuzball, but no more than that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 5, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Theres your lonely Logray on eBay Matt.  :o

LOGRAY Chase Secret Variant