Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132359 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #1110 on: January 7, 2005, 03:19 PM »
At that price ill take two!

DBK

Any one see this? Boba Fett  :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 7, 2005, 03:26 PM »
I came across it during my search for loose Fett chase pieces and gave it one of these:   ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1112 on: January 7, 2005, 08:09 PM »
I came across it during my search for loose Fett chase pieces and gave it one of these:   ::)

I agree, my  :o was more out of "are you kidding me" than "thats awesome". I guess  ::) would have been appropriate.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 8, 2005, 12:30 AM »

I agree, my  :o was more out of "are you kidding me" than "thats awesome". I guess  ::) would have been appropriate.  ;D

I'd give it one of these:  >:(

I understand using AFA to "prove" to people the condition of an item, but this is just stupid.  Plain and simple.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 8, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Why spend that much when you can get a graded Boba Fett AFA 85 for less!      

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 8, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Why spend that much when you can get a graded Boba Fett AFA 85 for less!      

Now thats a good deal!  ;)

How much more do you think the AFA grade should really mean?
I figure 500 tops and thats still insane to me

Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1116 on: January 8, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I personally dont like the grading thing. I wouldnt pay extra for a figure because it was graded. So for me, honestly i would pay less. But since it seems to be the craze now, i guess 500.00 would be more "appropriate" for the Boba Fett.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #1117 on: January 9, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Any one see this? Boba Fett  :o

:D   What a joke.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #1118 on: January 9, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Well, I sprung for the Speeder Bike Set.

$70 + $7 shipping, because its in the US.  Not bad, and the cheapest I have seen around in a looong time.

So, now all I would like for my collection is the Early Bird Set.  Those are still really hard to find, and pricey when they are around.  If anyone spots one for a reasonable price, let me know please!   :)

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 9, 2005, 09:48 PM »
Very nice Matt, the Speeders have been up in price. Early Bird sets have been going for $130. to $140. Best I saw awhile back was $115. Just gotta keep looking.  :)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 10, 2005, 06:42 AM »
Very nice Matt, the Speeders have been up in price. Early Bird sets have been going for $130. to $140. Best I saw awhile back was $115. Just gotta keep looking.  :)

I got mine for 115 from a US seller. I think Lupin3 or something like that. He has stuff up once in awhile at very good prices.
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1121 on: January 10, 2005, 03:02 PM »
$70 + $7 shipping, because its in the US.  Not bad, and the cheapest I have seen around in a looong time.

Congrats Matt.  One step closer!

But I still just don't "get" those Speeder Bike sets...  It seems like there's lots of them available still, but very few are actually selling 'cause for whatever reason, ALL the Kubrick sellers seem to absolutely refuse to come down in price on that piece, and they're all at very high opening bids or BINs.  I remember several months ago when the market seemed to be flooded with them at $55 BINs, but NOBODY was buying them.  That means the prices should go DOWN, not UP...  Totally bizarre.

And I've been contemplating get a second set for myself (to open/keep boxed - whichever).  Annoying!

But those Early Bird sets are an entirely different beast.  They ALWAYS go $115+, and always have a LOT of bids.  Those have been on fire ever since they were released, and I don't see those going down at all.  In fact, I'm rather surprised to see how steady they've held around the $125 mark.  I would've expected those things to have gone up a bit by now...

On an entirely separate note, I was wondering this the other day when perusing the Kubrick auctions for the Series 3 chase figures (Jawa and Logray):

Do any of you actually open up each and every Jawa auction just on the off chance it might be a vinyl one and the seller may not know it (or be mentioning it).  LOTS of Jawa auctions out there, and the Vinyl difference may potentially go unnoticed by a complete Kubrick novice, though I'd guess that would be an extremely rare occurence.  Anyway, I never bother to specifically check each individual Jawa, but I was curious to know if anyone else was that diligent/crazy...   :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 03:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1122 on: January 10, 2005, 03:31 PM »
Do any of you actually open up each and every Jawa auction just on the off chance it might be a vinyl one and the seller may not know it (or be mentioning it).  LOTS of Jawa auctions out there, and the Vinyl difference may potentially go unnoticed by a complete Kubrick novice, though I'd guess that would be an extremely rare occurence.  Anyway, I never bother to specifically check each individual Jawa, but I was curious to know if anyone else was that diligent/crazy...   :P

Since I don't need the Jawa, no I don't.   :P  I suppose it could happen, although one of those "Kubrick-resellers" who buy low and sell high would probably catch it and bid it up before it ended...

On the Speederbike sets, it really is amazing to me.  I've watched 1-2 sellers relist their Speederbike set every week at $84.99 and $74.99.  Each week they go unsold and each week they re-list it.  I kept waiting and waiting for the price to drop, but it never does.

On the Early Bird set, I've been really jonesing for this one, but they always seem to end up in the $135-$150 range plus another $10-15 for shipping.  That is just too much for my blood for 4 little figures.    Somewhere in the $100-120 range shipped would be just right though...  :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 10, 2005, 10:09 PM »
My biggest concern in hunting for the Jawa like Matt mentioned is a "clever" seller that takes a pic of a vinyl Jawa and "pretends" not to realize it, intent on selling a regular Jawa with "the wrong" picture. 

Ya think chasing vintage stuff has made me paranoid?  Much?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 11, 2005, 05:47 AM »
I kinda miss these now lol I'll get over it though ;) Perhaps if I win the lottery, I'll pick them up again lol
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."