Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132478 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #1260 on: January 26, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Ya' know, the more I think about this set, the more nervous I'm getting.  I think that eBay price may not be too far off the mark.  Still higher probably, but these are gonna be at least equivalent to the Early Bird sets, if not a little more.

Think about it.  The other pieces that have been released in the 2,004 quantity (Droids R2, Fett, Holo Leia) all go for about $60-$75ish, and are only rehashed/remolded figures, that are also for the most part "EU".

Now take that same low quantity of only 2,005, and apply that to a set of 4 figures, 3 of which are ALL NEW and VERY COOL must have figures, and that sets the tone for some serious demand.  Basically, EVERYONE will want this set, whereas not everyone is interested in getting the various carded Kubrick figures.  So we'll be dealing with the same supply, but a much greater increase in demand.

Basically, we're all gonna be in some deep **** here with the Rebo Band.  So get your Paypal accounts ready, and every man for himself!  Just don't get in my way, or [Drago]I will break you...[Drago/]   :-*

(except Dale, of course)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 26, 2005, 08:43 PM »
I`m getting worried over the price of this set too.
I have to dig up some stuff to eBay and get some $$$ ready to go!

It is a sweet set though... :D
Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1262 on: January 26, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Including the shipping cost, that would be around $53.75 per figure! It better be delivered by a hooker!

Now thats a Kubrick delivery with a smile  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1263 on: January 26, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Well, I had a little time tonight, so I decided to open up the EB Set and the TRU 5-pack (the Speeder Bike set is staying boxed for now). 

I got them all put in place in my Kubrick display case and I took a few new pictures of my Kubrick set-up.  Enjoy the pictures...

The Whole Kubrick Case (Star Wars and Batman):

The Left Side of the Case (clicky below for larger pic!):

The Right Side of the Case (clicky below for larger pic!):

Coming along nicely, but I don't have anymore room for Series 4!  I'll have to move the Bat-Bricks someplace else when the time comes...   :(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1264 on: January 26, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Jeff

Nice!  Are those the Johnny Lightning Cases?  I have 6 of them as well and I'm waiting to use them for overflow when my case if full...speaking of which I should take a pic of my collecting too

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1265 on: January 26, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Nice pix Jeff!

Yeah, I'd very much like to know what types of cases those are as well, especially since IG-88 can actually stand up in those!  Give me details, like where you found them, how much, etc.  They don't look like they're individual pieces.  Do they come in sixes?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1266 on: January 27, 2005, 12:09 AM »
Okee Dokee...here is my stuff updated as of tonight with nothing not displayed :)

Star Wars, Simpsons Blocko's, Toy Story and Monsters Inc

Disney, Universal Monsters, Rocky, Kellogg's, Back to the Future, Sesame Street, Muppets and Marvel

Display case w/ Stuff On Top

I believe I have the same interlocking cases as you Jeff, they are made by Johnny Lightning for Hot Wheels.  My MaK Kubs are on top in one of those cases. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 12:11 AM by Scott »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 27, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Jeff: Very cool, I like those display boxes! I have to get that batman set one of these days, looking for a good price!

Scott:
Wow, that looks awesome! I need to grab the BH figs too! I have Spidey, Doom and Storm coming from Marvel then I will only be missing What If Venom/Punisher and Spider-Ham (both big $$$  :-[ )

Adam

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1268 on: January 27, 2005, 09:26 AM »
I don't have the Venom/Punisher, Spider-Ham or the Doppleganger but I don't really want them either

Can't wait for Series 4 Marvel, Toy Story Box Set B and the X-Men 5 Pack

I should be set then until something else new comes along, which by the looks of it won't be until next summer :)

Disney 7 sort of dissapointed, as of now I think all I'll get is James, VINCENT and Peter Pan

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #1269 on: January 27, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Nice pics guys!
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 27, 2005, 09:51 AM »
It looks like this is the case Jeff uses.  Correct? 

On backorder, but might make a trip to Michael's or AC Moore after work to see if they have something similar.  Need some box frames  for my Boston teams Sports Illustrateds anyway.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1271 on: January 27, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Nice!  Are those the Johnny Lightning Cases? 

It looks like this is the case Jeff uses.  Correct? 

Yeah, I'd very much like to know what types of cases those are as well, especially since IG-88 can actually stand up in those! Give me details, like where you found them, how much, etc. They don't look like they're individual pieces. Do they come in sixes?

Yes indeed!  The Johhny Lightnig Interlocking Showcase.  Each case has 6 spaces and they can interlock to form different arrangements.  While doing my research, I came across many places that sold them:

$5.99 at TRU
$6.99 - $7.99 at "Collector" Shops (Hub Hobby, Model Shops, etc).
$7.99 at Target (costs more because the Target version comes with an exclusive JL car).

They are always in the JL section of the store, but I haven't seen them at Target since Christmas.  I have seen them restocked at TRU recently though.  I did some checking at JoAnn and Michaels craft stores, but never really found any case that worked for the space I had.

I actually got mine by ordering a few from a local hot wheels dealer guy (4 cases for $20), then managed to snag a three more after Christmas at Target (only $3.84 on Clearance).  Each of the Target cases actually came with a Johhny Lightning car, but I just gave the 3 cars away to the nephews.  They don't care that they are "fine die-cast replicas" just that they are cars.

The only Kubrick I have that didn't quite fit was the Carbonite block, as you can see in the picture, it is kind of tilted to get it to fit in the space.  Otherwise, everyone else (Astromechs,/IG-88) fit nicely.  :)

Jeff

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 27, 2005, 10:11 AM »
I'll be talking to a hobby distributor here in the city, there site shows them having these JL display cases. My brother used to work for them and as far as I know I still get staff prices.  ;D

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 27, 2005, 10:16 AM »
I don't have the Venom/Punisher, Spider-Ham or the Doppleganger but I don't really want them either

Can't wait for Series 4 Marvel, Toy Story Box Set B and the X-Men 5 Pack

I should be set then until something else new comes along, which by the looks of it won't be until next summer :)

Disney 7 sort of dissapointed, as of now I think all I'll get is James, VINCENT and Peter Pan

I got the 6 arm Spidey for a good deal ( I think anyway). 30 or 40, and it came with 5 others from series 3. I then traded the other 5 for 5 from the 1st series.

After Max Rebo, the BH figs are next on my hit list.

Adam

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1274 on: January 27, 2005, 10:19 AM »
Okee Dokee...here is my stuff updated as of tonight with nothing not displayed :)

Very nice.  I like the bigger case you've got Scott, but ultimately decided on the JL cases because of the space I had to fill.  The 7 JL cases fit perfectly on top of my large shelf allowing me to fill a previously dead space.  Eventually, my Bat-bricks will be chased out as more SW Kubricks are released, so I'll have to buy a few more cases for them and the other bricks I don't have on display (Back to Future, Muppets, Sesame Street).

Looking at your cases reminds me that my work isn't done yet...  :-\

Still have to nab Logray, Beaker (chase), Sesame Street S2 (Bert, Oscar, Elmo, Herry), and Japan Batman and Robin (I bought the USA box set cheap on eBay, but I'd still like the Japan Batman and Robin because they are different).  Eh, something to spend the $$ on between now and April I guess.  :P

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 10:26 AM by Nataku »