Author Topic: Show me Your Kubes!  (Read 142701 times)

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Re: Show me Your Kubes!
« Reply #270 on: September 9, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Cool setup Adrian.  Did you have to do anything to modify the Hasbro Cantina bar for the Kubricks?

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 9, 2011, 12:38 PM »
yea, i had to cut a couple of inches off of the bar stools and the bar, but its pretty easy

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 9, 2011, 06:09 PM »
dremel highly recommended. I used some masking tape to mark a clean edge i wanted to follow. It also helped keep the height consistent. Used sandpaper to flatten out any edges.

Finding the right parts is the hardest part. for years I tried to make my own tactical display from lego and just never got the right look.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2011, 12:02 AM »
Some updated pictures of the display.  Forgot to take close-up pictures of the non-Star Wars Kubricks though, sorry.  I'll get some close-ups of the other side once I get my 400% ESB Boba Fett and add him to the collection.  I also need to get some pictures of my carded figures once they all make it into Oscar cases.

The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37 AM »
Pretty amazing collection Mike!  I would love to see a close up of those Marvel figs if you get a chance.  Still haven't made the effort to get any of these, but I'd like to snag Captain America and Iron Man among others at some point.  Do you ever get the itch to pop open your boxed Kubes?  I'm close to opening my Max Rebo Band once I find the right display for them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2011, 07:44 AM »
Do you ever get the itch to pop open your boxed Kubes?  I'm close to opening my Max Rebo Band once I find the right display for them.

When I first bought them, I opened the TRU sets and the 2007 Collector's Club set and had them in my display.  As I started filling up the JL cases with the Series figures, I had to put them back in the boxes.  If I had a lot more space, I would definitely take them out and display them (I would love to do a Jabba's palace diorama).
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2011, 08:03 AM »
If you ever want to sell that box set with the Padme in it ... You know who to PM lol  ;D  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2011, 09:02 AM »
If you ever want to sell that box set with the Padme in it ... You know who to PM lol  ;D  ;)

There's a Padme Box Set for $140 up on Yahoo Japan right now...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24 AM »

There's a Padme Box Set for $140 up on Yahoo Japan right now...
Yeah I saw that but I'm not set up to bid on Yahoo Japan, I just go on there and look.  :-\

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Got my hands on an unreleased prototype diorama from the DX2 days--the Hoth echo command center!

Haha, I jest of course. As you can probably tell from the sub-par artistry, I painted it myself. I had started awhile back and then put it on hold for awhile, but recently I got inspired to finally finish it. The pic is just a mock up of how it'll fold out once it's printed. Gonna head down to the print shop tomorrow and get it printed out and mounted. Here's a couple of close-ups:

Gen. Riekken and Romas "Lock" Navander 

FX-7

Some scanner guy and R3-something or other....

Toryn Farr

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Dude, that looks fantastic!  YOu have some serious skills.  I think the characters look great.  Maybe I'm more niave than others, but I totally would have accepted this as a prototype backboard. 

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Nope I thought it was a prototype also. Looks awesome Mike.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Thanks guys!  I was really pushing to try and ape the Medicom style, which is deceptively simple and  really clean, elegant, Japanese-feeling. So in my eyes I fell a bit short of that mark, but I'm still happy with how it turned out, and it was a good learning experience. And now I'll have some more terrain to display my Hoth kubbies in front of.  :)

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2011, 09:34 PM »
Well done. That looks amazing!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2011, 02:14 AM »