Author Topic: Carded Kubricks  (Read 54847 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Carded Kubricks
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 02:53 AM »
Even though I sold most of my Kubricks, I'd still like to get the carded Vader some day.  I'm not sure what it goes for these days, but it'll take a some luck to find one for a price I'm willing to pay.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 11:34 AM »
So I've been reading through this thread again and I have a question for most.  Other than Jeff who's made his position rather clear, is anyone else planning on opening their carded figures?  I just got the carded Luke figure and don't know if I'm going to keep it carded or open it up and put it in with the rest of my display.  I can see keeping the Bape Fett, Parco Jorg, Carbonite Han and the Vader carded based on the release quantities, but it's the ones that were released in quantities of 1000+ I'm struggling with.

Thoughts?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I have two shadow troopers, a droids fett, droids R2, holo Leia, and Sacul loose. at some point I plan on picking up an opener of the han carbonite, but it is low on my priority list. Vader, Fett, and Luke just aren't different enough to justify opening. And the sandtrooper is too easy to make with electrical tape.   :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2008, 08:57 AM »
So I'm leaning toward keeping the Luke carded.  Before I e-mail Oscar about buying some cases, does anyone have any extras that they would be willing to part with for a nominal fee?  Let me know.  Thanks.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 1, 2008, 11:11 PM »
Just got the carded Luke in the mail today.  I'm definitely keeping this carded.  I absolutely love how this looks carded.  I don't know that I would pass up a loose figure in lieu of a carded one, but if the price is right I can see buying more carded figures in the future.

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 8, 2008, 11:06 PM »
I just got a carded Jorg Sacul.  It came sealed in a plastic wrapped/bag.  Anyone know if this is the norm for the carded figures?  This is the first time I have seen a carded Kubrick figure come in a protective plastic bag.  The plastic bag looks like it is a factory seal?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 9, 2008, 12:04 AM »
I think it's safe to say that nobody else's Sacul came vacuum sealed.  Every one I've see posted here has been card only, just as mine was. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 9, 2008, 12:57 AM »
Nope, I have never gotten one in a vac baggie. I did get the Han Carb Block in a tape sealed baggie tho.

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 9, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I guess the seller must have sealed the figure in the bag.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Recently got the carded Luke I had talked about previously and also received my Oscar case!  I did notice that the card doesn't fit perfectly in the case such that the top of the card isn't held in place properly.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

Can't wait to get more carded figures now!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2008, 11:28 AM »

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to buy a couple of those cases. 

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 11:17 PM »
I just received my very own carded Luke.  Tell me why I shouldn't rip into and put it in my display case?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20 PM »
If that's what you want to do, go ahead and rip it open!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 9, 2008, 08:14 AM »
I don't know what happened.  I lost it and bought the bounty hunter 6 pack.  I feel bad like I ate a gallon of ice cream.

I liked this quote, and thought it would be a good way to mention on the kubrick board that Tony passed away recently. There is a thread in Watto's junkyard that has a link to a nice summary of the struggles he has been dealing with. Very sad indeed.