Author Topic: Carded Kubricks  (Read 54848 times)

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
Re: Carded Kubricks
« Reply #105 on: November 3, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I have a feeling that they're not all the same size, especially in depth/bubble size. Others will know better than me.

The only carded kub I have is Droids R2; his card is 5.5 inches wide by 7.75 inches tall by about 1.75 inches deep with the bubble, if that's any help. 

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 3, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I'm rebuilding my Kubrick display.... someone other than my friend "I am Sith" please give me a good reason I don't take my Blue Stars Trooper off his card and display him.  Same thing for farmboy Luke.  I'm feeling the pull to the dark side to free those two from their plastic prisons!

Sorry, can't help you.  What are these "carded star wars kubricks" you speak of?  ;D

« Last Edit: November 3, 2010, 09:12 PM by Sir Real »

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 4, 2010, 02:39 AM »
That's right Sir.But mine is still mint in the card form.Need a similiar of what Oscar have done.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2010, 09:49 AM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Need some advise here.Need to get hold of my carded,to be in the acrylic cases.But unsure of the diameter.Have source a local maker to customised the casing.Advise are really appreciated.

I kept my Toy Fair Vader and Uzay Snowy carded, but opened all the rest.  I have the Uzay in an Oscar Case, which I think is big enough to hold all the carded Kubes to date.  Send me a PM if you want the dimensions of the case.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 1, 2011, 08:59 AM »
Anyone that has been holding out on buying carded Kubricks may want to look into this auction:

2003-2011 Carded Collection

It averages out to about $100 per carded figure, which seems a bit harsh when you consider that the only two carded figures that sell for more than $100 these days are the Sacul and Blue Stars.  Still, pretty impressive to see all of the carded figures together in one auction.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 8, 2011, 06:41 AM »
Well I moved a few months ago and when I opened one of my boxes I found that the bubble on my 2003 droids boba fett had separated from the card but I wasn't too bothered because of the Boba Fett series had sort of devalued it (in my eyes). However the other day I found the bubble and the kub of my droids R2-D2 on the floor in front of the bookcase where I keep my medicom stuff. After crying like a girl I realised I can now put all my droids kubs together in a case. I am slightly concerned I'm going to turn into one of those sicko's!  :P who remove kubs from their cards. I mean the bubble on my Sarcul is kinda yellowing............  :o
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 8, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Free these poor Kubes from their plastic prisons!!!   ;)

I've got loose Sacul, Toy Fair Vader, and Uzay Blue Star and have to say its pretty nice having them mixed in with the other figures.  It is cool to have a few carded versions for display as well, but think of the added hassle there.  How long will the cards last?  How will you protect them?  What if there is a flaw in the card?  How much extra space do you take up with cards?

I am sorry for your losses, but you've got a good attitude about it.  Maybe just keep going the way you are - keep what you can carded and when the cards fail, you have a minty fresh loose fig ready for display.  In the bright side, letting the bubble fall off keeps the card nice and clean if you want to keep it.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 8, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Yeah after my initial shock at the Droids R2-D2 (he's one of my favourite carded figs) incident I've become quite Zen about the whole thing.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 8, 2011, 08:31 PM »
I've been keeping my Blue Stars Trooper carded in case my buddy 'I am Sith' lands a loose one to trade.  However, I suspect his days in his carded plastic state are soon over.  As soon as Sith gives me the nod that his carded one is in good shape I'm bustin' him out!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 9, 2011, 08:48 AM »
Patience...  Items should be arriving soon.  Then you will have your chance to add your blue snowtrooper to your display once and for all.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 9, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Patience...  Items should be arriving soon.  Then you will have your chance to add your blue snowtrooper to your display once and for all.

Nice.  ;D

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2011, 11:37 AM »

Brent, you are free to finally rip into your Blue Stars Snowtrooper!  I received my shipment from Japan today with the five carded figures I had purchased and they all arrived in minty shape.

Thanks again for waiting so long to desecrate your figure while I tried to obtain one for myself!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2011, 05:36 PM »

Brent, you are free to finally rip into your Blue Stars Snowtrooper!  I received my shipment from Japan today with the five carded figures I had purchased and they all arrived in minty shape.

Thanks again for waiting so long to desecrate your figure while I tried to obtain one for myself!

Excellent... glad to hear they arrived safe and sound.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2011, 11:10 AM »
Well, I finally bit on a Parco carded vintage style Obi-Wan.  I found one for $72...best pricing I have seen so far, but still more than I was hoping to pay for this.  I love the Gray/White Ben variations in my vintage collection, so I'm hoping this one really stands out next to the DX3 version. 

Only 5 more Kubes left to go...  :o

Offline ceedrus

• Youngling
  • You truly belong here with us among the clouds
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Wow 72... Nice score!