Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144492 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1035 on: March 22, 2004, 02:11 PM »
Yikes, those are great prices. Congrats Matt.  

Guess I'll be holding my spare set until series 3 rears it's head and pumps up the interest again. Couldn't pass on Indy though.  I still fully expect a set of Indiana Jones Kubricks.  I suppose I was expecting it to coincide with the fourth movie, but with that on hold (I think) I'm not sure if they're holding back as well???

I'm still reserving judgement on Andy and I'm not prepared to say he's ripping us off.  At least in my case and Dale's, we haven't paid him yet.  I would have thought he would have refunded Scott by now, just on principle.  I imagine he's having a hell of a time finding replacements.  

My biggest problem is that even though he sent pictures (Dale notwithstanding) that showed some damage, he never gave us the chance to respond.  IIRC both Scott and I said no big deal, we'll still take them but he had immediately sent them back.  That's just not right.  

Not responding to Dale at all either is troublesome.  I could understand that he is just responding to me in our case, but if another buyer is still sending emails (Dale), then he should respond out of courtesy.  

I'm still hopeful, must remain that way.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1036 on: March 22, 2004, 02:32 PM »
There is that chance he may hold out till May when the 1504 are released through there lottery. There might be a chance he can get more that way but unsure.  :-\

I just find it unbussiness-like not to respond to any emails sent to him. Keeps us left hanging in the dark!  :'(

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 2
« Reply #1037 on: March 22, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Anyone know where I can get one of those Death Star Escape bootleg sets?  I have lots of Kubricks if anyone want to trade.  Let me know.  Thanks!  Tony
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1038 on: March 22, 2004, 06:07 PM »
Tony. I got my bootlegs from a local dealer. He has a Website (www.fantasiatoyz.com), but it hasn't been updated in a few months. He's still got all the bootlegs listed, including Death Star Escape (Han & Luke in Stormtrooper gear, Chewbacca in chains) -- $25. His name is Felix, and his email is info@fantasiatoyz.com. Hope this helps! :)

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1039 on: March 22, 2004, 06:13 PM »
Hey, welcome to the Kubrick collectors club Bob!

So, is there like a secret handshake or something, or is withholding that information part of the initiation, or is this just a test to see if I'd go out of my way and show my impatience by asking for the secret handshake first, thereby banishing myself (because of my impatience) from the club and never being able to actually see the secret handshake?  ;)

Yeah, time to go home. Getting tired and loopy.

Thanks for the welcome, Matt! :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1040 on: March 22, 2004, 06:48 PM »
Yeah, time to go home. Getting tired and loopy.

Yeah, I should say so Bob!   :P

Unfortunately, only Adam (BigDumbWookiee) and Dale (DSJ) know the secret handshake, since they're the two co-presidents around here.  The rest of us just use the secret finger behind their backs when they're not looking...   ;)

I was just checking out that site you linked a little while ago.  Exactly what city is that shop in?  SF?  SJ?  I might be heading up that way sometime soon, and might want to stop in and take a gander.  Also, any idea if that "300th Fett" that he's got listed in the Kubrick section is the Fett in the can bootleg?  I'd assume so...  Know if it comes with the can, and if the Speederbike comes with the tin as well?  Might drop an order for those last 3 items I'm missing, if that's what they are...

If you don't know Bob, I'll just e-mail the guy when I get home tonight.  I noticed his "News" page hasn't been updated since 6/03.  This guy is still in business, right?  Thanks for the heads up on it.

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1041 on: March 23, 2004, 04:44 AM »
Hello all.  I have a Kubrick question... is there a figure stand out there with the right size peg for the foot holes on the Kubricks?  I've looked everywhere I could think of and have found nothing. I figure there must be some reason for the foot holes, somebody has gotta be making stands.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1042 on: March 23, 2004, 08:56 AM »
Hello all.  I have a Kubrick question... is there a figure stand out there with the right size peg for the foot holes on the Kubricks?  I've looked everywhere I could think of and have found nothing. I figure there must be some reason for the foot holes, somebody has gotta be making stands.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Here is the only stands that fit the Kubricks that I know of.

Kubrick Display Cases

They were released as a limited edition (god knows why), and they are really hard to get. Fortunately, I bought 40 when they were released and I'm saving some for future releases. Hopefully they will be released again in the future.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1043 on: March 23, 2004, 09:01 AM »
Welcome Silver, to the fine world of Kubrickia!  ;D

There was a single display case that has a foot peg in them but so far, none of us have been able to aquire them. They come in a case of 8.

Then there is the stair display case but no footpegs.

The latest we have heard was from Simon on a different display case but unsure if they have footpegs.

The display cases with 8 do show up on eBay from time to time. Anywhere from $16.19 to $22.50.

Clear Display Box For Kubrick Be@rbrick 8PCS

Anyone else having any luck finding display cases with pegs for our little friends?  :-\

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1044 on: March 23, 2004, 09:58 AM »
I was just checking out that site you linked a little while ago.  Exactly what city is that shop in?  SF?  SJ?  I might be heading up that way sometime soon, and might want to stop in and take a gander.  Also, any idea if that "300th Fett" that he's got listed in the Kubrick section is the Fett in the can bootleg?  I'd assume so...  Know if it comes with the can, and if the Speederbike comes with the tin as well?  Might drop an order for those last 3 items I'm missing, if that's what they are...

Matt, I'm pretty sure he just operates the Website and doesn't have a brick and mortar shop. I met him once at a toy show in SJ (when they still had toy shows, and when I was still going to toy shows), and he was a really nice guy. I got a lot of my Kubrick bootlegs from him (probably over 2 1/2 years ago), and they did include the Boba Fett and Scout with tins. Yeah, I noticed that he hasn't updated the site in a while, either. Probably wouldn't hurt to fire off an email to him just to check if he even still has these!

So, more of a secret finger, rather than handshake, huh? Which finger?  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1045 on: March 23, 2004, 07:44 PM »
A carded Boba has shown up with no reserve.

Star Wars Boba Fett Kubrick w Card

Same goes for the carded R2.

Star Wars R2-D2 Kubrick w Card

As for R2, I guess I'll just play the waiting game from Andy.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1046 on: March 24, 2004, 05:02 PM »
We could try a different approach with Andy.  I could stop emailing him, you could tell him my computer is busted so you have to take over.  See if he answers you then? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1047 on: March 24, 2004, 05:37 PM »
Have you three been in touch with Andy's other two Droid R2 winners, to assure that they're in the same boat (which I'm sure they are)?  Considering Andy's sterling feedback to date, I'm sure if someone commented to him on the fact that he is risking adding FIVE negatives to his perfect feedback, it'd probably whip him into shape right quick!

A seller who's been careful enough over the years to attain such a spotless record would doubtfully want that tarnished in such a major way.

And if Scott's already paid the guy, then you should seriously demand a refund immediately until he has the product back in stock (and mint).  You should also just flat out ask him if he's hoping to replace those pieces when the other 1,504 show up, and if that's the case, ask why he hasn't informed you of such.  This goes beyond the bounds of normal selling issues.

Actually, come to think of it, how long do you have to post feedback for an auction on eBay?  Is it down to just one month now, or is it longer?  If it's only a month, then he'll likely just wait it out with various delays, and then ream you later with nothing once you've no longer got any means of retribution on his dumb ass.

Hell, even if he does eventually come through down the road, the excessive delay and total lack of correspondence warrants a negative.  I'd drop him a negative now, and cut all ties with the loser, as he's obviously shown that he's got very little selling integrity.  He's risking 5 negatives just so he can hopefully make another $300 - $400 with those figures later on down the road.  What a tool.

I'm sure it's safe to assume that you've been monitoring his auctions to make sure he doesn't repost any of those R2's, right?  'Cause if he did, that'd undoubtedly be the final nail in the coffin.  The fact that he wouldn't even sell you the damaged R2's, and wouldn't supply a picture of all of them either, is proof enough that he's up to no good.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 05:43 PM by JediMAC »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1048 on: March 24, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Well I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just joined this forum and have begun collecting Star Wars Kubricks. I love these little guys. I am pretty much caught up, I am really looking for a Droids R2. Other than that I need the 2 CHase Boba Fetts and Luke Carded.

I was curious if there has been any word on series 3? And when will the Speeder Bike Sets coming out?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1049 on: March 24, 2004, 08:15 PM »
Hi Evenflow. Welcom. Great song that one. Makes me remember University.  I think the endor sets are due out any time in the next 2-3 weeks if not earlier.

To the boys with the Kubrick R2 problem, why don't you send him a link to this forum. Not only is he risking 5 negs, but his reputation is being shot too.  Look at how many times this thread has been viewed.  That might make him cough up the money if not the R2's.