Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144517 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1425 on: June 14, 2004, 05:14 PM »
After a little further digging I find out Frank Kozik lives in Saint Paul!!!   I'm trying to send him an email to see if he will sell me an extra Sandy, I could even go pick it up.

Farging Bastage.  Try for two and I'll send you some ketchup chips :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1426 on: June 14, 2004, 05:27 PM »
I wish I had Kozik's cash.  Actually half that stuff or more was probably free.   :'(

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1427 on: June 14, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Frank Kozik is a brilliant "Pop" style artist. Actually, before I got back into Star Wars, I was collecting limited edition screen prints and Artist Proofs. I never did get any of Kozik's stuff because it was a bit expensive for me. He did album covers and posters for punk and rock bands like the Offspring, The Melvins, Jesus Lizard, etc. Here's a selection. Here's some of his stuff.

Frank Kozik Posters

His name gives huge credibility to Medicom's artistic style.

Matt. I can't remember about the Jawa, but I think it was the same height as the others. I could be wrong about that though. And the box set was just loose.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1428 on: June 14, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Frank Kozik is a brilliant "Pop" style artist. Actually, before I got back into Star Wars, I was collecting limited edition screen prints and Artist Proofs. I never did get any of Kozik's stuff because it was a bit expensive for me. He did album covers and posters for punk and rock bands like the Offspring, The Melvins, Jesus Lizard, etc. Here's a selection. Here's some of his stuff.

Frank Kozik Posters

His name gives huge credibility to Medicom's artistic style.

Matt. I can't remember about the Jawa, but I think it was the same height as the others. I could be wrong about that though. And the box set was just loose.

Simon I just sent you an email through ebay.   :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1429 on: June 14, 2004, 11:21 PM »
Hey Brent or Dale...either of you ever get a tracking number from Andy?  GBU has been trying to get a refund and has yet to hear from him >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1430 on: June 15, 2004, 12:07 AM »
No >:(

Where's the surprise in that ::) >:(

Durge

Series 2
« Reply #1431 on: June 15, 2004, 01:07 AM »
I really thought these would be revealed yesterday. What are the chances that we'll see them today?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1432 on: June 15, 2004, 01:47 AM »
Hey Brent or Dale...either of you ever get a tracking number from Andy?  GBU has been trying to get a refund and has yet to hear from him >:(

I have sent Andy 3 emails on a tracking number in the past few days. If it was sent, it would be held up in customs by now. If the parcel does not arrive by next Friday the 25th, all hell will break loose!  

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1433 on: June 15, 2004, 08:59 AM »
Sorry everyone is having such a mess with Andy.  On a happy note I am finally the proud owner of a Droids R2 courtesy of Simon.  Also, I bought the other one he had for sale and am trading Kozik the spare for a carded Sandtrooper.   ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1434 on: June 15, 2004, 05:29 PM »
If Kozik wants to sell one of his sandies, I'd gladly relieve it of him ;) I'll give a good price too. Seriously. I want one, badly, and dont feel like hastling around. My email is aclowe@tds.net
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1435 on: June 15, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Also, I bought the other one he had for sale and am trading Kozik the spare for a carded Sandtrooper.   ;D

Please tell me you're joking, right Jon...?  You did not just score yourself a Sandie for the price of a Droids R2 did you?!  If so, that'd be pretty mindboggling at this early juncture.

As for Kozik, Scott, just buy all of his Sandies and hook us ALL up here, and tell Kozik we'll give him a buttload of free pub at JD.   8)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1436 on: June 15, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Jim, who's a member here, just made a good point to me via email.

The Carded Boba Fetts and Sandtroopers are marked "Not for Sale" on the card.

The Carded Lukes and R2's don't have this marked.

Is this an indication that they will not release them again later down the line? If so, it might be a bit of peace of mind for investors.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:03 PM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1437 on: June 15, 2004, 08:53 PM »
Also, I bought the other one he had for sale and am trading Kozik the spare for a carded Sandtrooper.   ;D

Please tell me you're joking, right Jon...?  You did not just score yourself a Sandie for the price of a Droids R2 did you?!  If so, that'd be pretty mindboggling at this early juncture.

As for Kozik, Scott, just buy all of his Sandies and hook us ALL up here, and tell Kozik we'll give him a buttload of free pub at JD.   8)

Kozik will not sell the Sandtrooper's as far as I know, unless Scott got him to change his mind.  He said he doesn't like to sell promo stuff.  However, he has upped the ante to 3 of them for a carded Fett.  I know, who has an extra carded Fett?  You could always get another one, and I think the price has dropped a decent amount as well.  Trade your Fett, get yourself a Sandtrooper, and sell the other two to get your Fett back.  Obviously this might be taking a chance, but I'm pretty sure you would be safe.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:55 PM by Padawan »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1438 on: June 15, 2004, 09:06 PM »
The carded Sandtrooper has appeared on ebay with a starting bid of $259.99.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=5904507719&rd=1

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1439 on: June 15, 2004, 09:16 PM »
The carded Sandtrooper has appeared on ebay with a starting bid of $259.99.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=5904507719&rd=1

Damn good thing that wasn't Andy selling that >:(

I do not have a good feeling about this.