Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 143877 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2003, 08:12 PM »
Got my five Boba Fetts that I ordered from Kid Robot today! And......... (drumroll) I got two, yes two, of the Secret "Prototype/Vintage Style" chase Bobas! :)

Damn Adam, that's awesome!   :o  I'm really starting to wonder if this Vintage version is really 1:96 as originally reported...  I did see something in this eBay auction for a Fett variant, where a seller states the ROTJ version was only available in Hong Kong (thus making it a little rarer), whereas the Vintage version was available in both Hong Kong and Japan.  No idea if he's right or not, but that's what he says there...  Of course, I see you're already familiar with this auction, eh Adam?   ;)  Looks like you're gonna have to double your bid there to snag this elusive little VHTF fella!   :'(

But if I were you Adam, I'd definitely try to trade one of your two Vintage variants for the ROTJ version for sure (assuming you're trying to keep a complete collection, which knowing you, you probably are).  And if you can't swing a trade, just sell it in the boards or on eBay for it's market value, and put that cash towards the ROTJ version (effectively the same thing, with a slight twist).  Cool deal though!  Congrats!

Hopefully Brent doesn't come swooping on in here now and tear you a new one too for being so bragadocious about your variant scores!   ;D   :-*  Good luck with that ROTJ one...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 10:16 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2003, 10:17 PM »
Thats Awesome Adam. 2 variants in a lot of 5.  8)
Seems we at JD are doing good. Now if I can only get my hands on the extra one you have.  ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2003, 10:22 PM »
Seems we at JD are doing good. Now if I can only get my hands on the extra one you have.  ;)

Ill gladly trade if you can hook me up with a Jedi Fett!  ;D
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2003, 10:40 PM »

Ill gladly trade if you can hook me up with a Jedi Fett!  ;D

Seems I'm going to have to take a normal Fett & repaint it & modify the gun to get it.   ;D   J/K.

Heres one on eBay.  ROTJ Boba Fett

Now I hooked you up to one.  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2003, 11:13 PM »
Matt, darling :-* crawl back in the corner and have another sniffle, willya ;)

Good on ya Adam.  I'll take it as a good sign that the two sealed ones Dale is sending me will have one of the variants in them.  

Lakers suck.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2003, 11:24 PM »
Good on ya Adam.  I'll take it as a good sign that the two sealed ones Dale is sending me will have one of the variants in them.

Just double check those silver vacu-sealed bags the figures come in to make sure Dale didn't already give 'em the once over, reseal them, and fire 'em off to you Brent!   ;D

Lakers suck.

Back in my corner...   :'(

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2003, 08:01 AM »
Ok, here's the dillio -

Each chase figure is packed at the same ratio (1:48), but the Return of the Jedi version is available only in the Hong Kong shipments. Not sure if the proto version is exclusive to Japan, I dont think it is. Any figure with "Tomy" on the front of the box is from Japan. Im getting the name of the Hong Kong distributor right now, and Ill confirm all this other info as well. Technically that makes Jedi Fett slightly more limited, due to the smaller market.

Ill get confirmation on all this, and some more information today! :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2003, 09:33 AM »
All the boxes I got have the Tomy sticker on them. Take a look at this auction that ended. Its mentioned that the ROTJ variant is from Honk Kong.

ROTJ Boba Fett

So it sounds like I got the major rare one.  :o  ;D  8)  :-*

This version is packed in a ratio of 1/96.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 10:45 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2003, 01:55 PM »
Yup, I misunderstood what I read in a recent email from a fella in Hong Kong, so disregard above comments! :)

However, each series of Kubricks is definately going to have Chase Figures, I guess they are a big selling point.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51 PM »
So, who wants Star Wars Kubrick vehicles and accessories? I was checking out the cool Special Forces sets over at www.medicomtoy.co.jp, and they have an absolutely awesome truck for the set:

They could do all sorts of crazy cool stuff with Star Wars. I wouldnt want to see vehicles and accessories take the main stage, but if they just put out a couple of supporting vehicles, and small environmental accessories, that would be really cool!

Obviously, you need the quintessential XWing and TIE Fighter. Landspeeder would be cool, or mini Cantina theme pieces. I'd rather see the vehicles stay small and close to scale, and just a few.

Definately glad you guys got me hooked on these!

So how many of you are using your Early Bird sets to actually display your figures and everything? Did you cut the cards off, or leave them? If they werent so bloody expensive, I'd buy a second set in a heartbeat, for displaying.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2003, 03:46 AM »
That truck was part of the Special Forces series. I think they are up to series 6 now. It was a limited edition mail order only van, and is only available on the secondhand market now. I dont see them very often for sale.

I love the idea of the Kubrick Star Wars vehicles. Fingers crossed.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2003, 07:04 AM »
However, each series of Kubricks is definately going to have Chase Figures, I guess they are a big selling point.

Damn.  Are you totally sure about this Adam?  Did the Hong Kong guy say that's pretty much standard in the Kubrick lines?  If so, this is a killer to an avid completist like me (and you).  Even at just 2 secret chase figures per each assortment packed in at 1:96 each, you're probably looking at a good $50 for each one based on what we've seen of the Fett's, so tack on another C-note for each wave, which already runs us about $70 each.  Oy.  Head hurting.   :-\  Expensive line to collect...  Maybe I'm gonna have to rethink that Code 3 line after all...   :'(

So, anyone want to bet against the black and white (or grey) pauldroned Sandtroopers that I predicted earlier?!   :P

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2003, 03:27 AM »
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but I about fell out of my chair.  

crazy insane carded fett auction

JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2003, 09:37 AM »
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but I about fell out of my chair.  

crazy insane carded fett auction

Well one showed up on eBay & there it went.  :o  Thats a very high price for one. If more show up, guaranteed they will go for more. Will be interesting to see what will happen when the Luke gets put up on the auction block.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2003, 11:56 AM »
Whew! Ouch is all I have to say ;)