Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 143874 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2003, 12:24 AM »
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but I about fell out of my chair.  

crazy insane carded fett auction

Woah.  Thanks for the heads up MM!  I think this is the first carded one that's hit eBay, and from our good friend "amidala-anakin", no less!  Guess this answers the question of what these things might wind up going for if they ever found their way out to the public.   :-\  I was guessing they'd be in the $200 range, possible as high as $300ish, but $500 is a little surprising!  But since this one was BIN'ed, it's still hard to determine the overall market value, since this was just one (potentially crazy) individual who snatched it up immediately.  Should be interesting to see what some of the future ones wind up going for...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2003, 01:22 PM »
I still want one, and would be willing to fork out lots of cash, but thats a bit steep. Wonder how much Luke would go for; I'd guess substantially less.

I just won the ROTJ Styled Chase Fett on eBay :) My chase collection is now complete, well, will be complete as soon as it arrives that is.

Im also selling my Prototype Styled Fett, in hope of paying for the ROTJ styled Fett I just bought. It's on eBay, my seller ID is BigDumbWookiee if you're interested, but I wont link to it here. Starts at $.01 and no reserve, or BIN it for $75.00 and get a free fig and shipping.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2003, 01:30 PM »
Hey congrats Adam. Glad you got one. I had that auction on my watch list. You will like it.  8)
So should I bid the opener on that Kubrick?  ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2003, 05:59 PM »
I hate eBay, well moreso PayPal. They pulled my auction (which has been promptly relisted). PayPal charges a fee for credit card payments, yet I am not able to charge to make up for their payments. BUT, I can increase the price, and offer a discount to use different forms of payment.

What really ticks me off is that they completely pull the auction, and say you can edit it, but you cant, because its been removed. So, I have to go back and redo everything.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2003, 06:32 PM »
I hate eBay, well moreso PayPal. They pulled my auction (which has been promptly relisted). PayPal charges a fee for credit card payments, yet I am not able to charge to make up for their payments. BUT, I can increase the price, and offer a discount to use different forms of payment.

You mean eBay pulled your auction because you were stating that the buyer had to pay the additional Paypal fees if they used a credit card to pay?  Sounds like that's what you're getting at anyways...  Yeah, I heard that eBay had disallowed doing exactly that not too long ago.  Kinda blows, but I guess that's what they consider to be the price for doing business...  That, or their forbidding the practice so it doesn't discourage folks from using their other company - Paypal.   :-\

Still not sure how you could alter the price however, unless you stick a reserve on it, or increase the opening bid.  But, though it might sound a little unethical, you could charge "inflated shipping" to cover the credit card cost, I suppose - maybe a couple bucks or so.  That wouldn't look too terribly out of the ordinary, and judging by some of the outrageous shipping charges I've seen on eBay, that's exactly what some people are doing...

I take PayPal, Money Orders and Cashier's Checks. Absolutely NO Personal Checks, and absolutely NO Credit Card payments through PayPal. I will accept only PayPal Balance Transfers. Any attempt to pay in a different form will immediately be turned down, and I will leave negative feedback. Absolutely no exceptions.

Hell yeah!  There ya' go Adam...  You tell 'em!   8)  What's the credit card percentage fee on Paypal nowadays anyways?  2-3%?  I never accept the credit card payments from folks in the forums when I hook 'em up with stuff either.  No one's takin' a slice of my damned pie!   >:(  Good luck with your auction Adam, I'll be watching it...   ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2003, 08:16 PM »
Its something like 2.9% up to a certain dollar amount, and $.30 per hundred dollars.

But yep, Im just not going to take credit cards any more! :)

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2003, 04:22 AM »
anyone know some good online sites for buying kubricks, other than ebay or kidrobot or ningyoushi's? has anyone ever used very good things? just wondering. thanks.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2003, 09:18 AM »
I bought the Bounty Hunters cases from HLJ.  
HobbyLink Japan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2003, 10:04 AM »
I guess I'll second the HLJ store but have never bought from them

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2003, 10:07 AM »
I dont think HLJ has them in stock any more.

You can probably get the lowest prices on eBay, all the online stores are going to have a lot more costs wrapped up in selling the figures, so they naturally are going to charge a bit more

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2003, 02:43 PM »
yah, I've already got all my sw kubricks, just looking for a selection of other ones.  thanks for the links!
JD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2003, 03:02 PM »
oh and...

carded luke

any predictions?
JD

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2003, 03:05 PM »
$250...I bid so nobody else better or I'm screwed :-*

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2003, 04:26 PM »
Hope youre able to snag it OCB! :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2003, 04:28 PM »
I have a feeling there might be a lot of these, it looks like they were just made available today, and will be availble for a whole month at an Art of Star Wars exhibit.

Dangit, wheres my Kubrick from when they came to the Children's Museum in Indy?!?!?! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:(

hehehe.......  ;D