Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145181 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2003, 06:21 PM »
I have looked everywhere for those single figure holders. I did a complete search on the Medicom site & there not there anymore.  :(  
I even searched the net with no luck. I like those single cases as they look like they interlock when you stack them.

Maybe Medicom is sold out so they just removed them from the site. Will keep an eye out.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2003, 07:38 PM »
Maybe our friend from Japan Hes No Good to Me Dead can chime in & see if they sell those single cases around there.  :)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2003, 08:05 PM »
The Japanese have been selling little toys like this for years before Kubricks were invented, so there are hundreds of different types of generic plastic cases that are all different shapes and sizes. I've also seen so stands with pegs but Im not sure if they were for Kubricks or another line.  I'll check on it next time I'm at a toy store.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2003, 08:11 PM »
Much appreciated.  Thank You.  :)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2003, 08:22 AM »
I just remembered that the Evangelion sets came out with stands included, so I guess there are generic ones around.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2003, 09:43 AM »
Interesting. The bases for the Kubricks look smaller than the single cases. They do have the interlocking edges on the front & maybe on the back. Hard to tell if there is one on the sides. Still nice though.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2003, 12:32 PM »
I just spoke with a rep at Kid Robot (they sell a lot of import stuff including Kubrick figures), and they said while they arent currently carring the single figure display cases, they are considering it! :) Maybe if enough of us write in to express out interest, they will consider it even more heavily ;) They are also working on getting some of the carded Fett and Skywalker figures
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2003, 12:53 PM »
They are also working on getting some of the carded Fett and Skywalker figures

Be still my aging heart!  Any idea on what they may cost?  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2003, 01:05 PM »
Probably not cheap....

A big emphasis on trying though, I kind of have my doubts they will be able to get enough to make it worth their while to put them on their site for sale. It would still be nice though! :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2003, 01:35 PM »
Do, or do not. There is no try...    ;)

I'm even surprised that they can still get them. Yes they will be a high cost, but so close to home.  8)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #115 on: July 2, 2003, 09:45 AM »
So for you guys, how far would the prices have to drop before you try to get the carded Kubricks?

For Luke, it seems like there are a lot showing up on eBay now (6 right now that I see), so I think these will probably cap out at between $150-$200. I might consider paying that, I dont know. As for Fett, he seems to be maintaining his price so far, and there arent a lot of him showing up. I'd consider going as high as $300, but only if I had plenty of cash when it was time to purchase it. Both of those, assuming that I could get a guarantee that non limited versions would not later be released

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #116 on: July 2, 2003, 10:16 AM »
The cheapest Luke I have seen so far was for $208.88.
Kubrick Luke

As for Boba, there was one for $469.00 that did not sell but have gone for more.
Kubrick Boba

As is the beginning with something new, there is always a price rush so to speak. Then they start coming out of the woodwork, the prices drop as there is competition on the market. Happens all the time. I would not be surprised that they drop below the $200. mark.

As for getting one or both, I agree to have the funds when the deal comes around. I would go with a ballpark figure of $150. to $200. If I can get it for less, that would be a bonus.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #117 on: July 2, 2003, 10:40 AM »
$30.  Really.  

I just don't care about having one of everything that much.  It's sort of like the vinyl cape Jawa deal.  Not worth my money, not with a wife and kid.  and I do not count on these to maintain value.  Not that they won't, but I refuse to think of them as having really high value over the long term.  

I'd like to end up with the early bird set, but I'd really like to get one that is without all the extra stuff, in non-mint shape, just so I have the figures.  

I love having the rare stuff but I never would have bought Jorg Sacul or Toyfare Vader off of ebay.  I have both, from the fan club and a one for one trade (sorry Matt, that was your Secret Luke).  Kubricks are a sideline for me.    I can only presume vintage will eat up most of my "disposable" money for the next year.  It would be even better if Hasbro would lighten up with new stuff.  PITA they are :o ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #118 on: July 2, 2003, 10:58 AM »
I see where you're going. Right now, I'd probably be a lot more willing to buy a convincing custom than I would the real thing. I dont give a crap how much it could potentially be worth, its just one of those things that looks really cool. If I didnt think it looked cool, I'd turn it away in a second.

I think Medicom could easily create non limited carded versions of these (or others), and charge about 10 bucks a pop. Thats a fairly sensible price, especially if only a few different carded figures are made

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #119 on: July 2, 2003, 11:21 PM »
That's about right Adam.  I'd like to see the early bird set re-released in simple form, like the bounty hunters.  No envelope, no special packaging.  Maybe modify the figures slightly so the value for those that paid to get it, remains.  That way I could get those first four without dropping a huge chunk of change.  

Knock-offs are mostly fine, but hey, I'll happily pay the Mediacom folks for the original, providing they make it available.   I think lots of other people would too.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.