Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144476 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #420 on: December 10, 2003, 11:53 PM »

More very soon :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #421 on: December 10, 2003, 11:57 PM »
That's really frightening.

No, not that he's loose, that the Kubrick likeness is better than the other fig. :-*

He can breathe.  He can BREATHE!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #422 on: December 11, 2003, 10:05 AM »
My friend in England just got an Indy (from a box I sent him.....AAAAGGGHHH!!!) and this is where it was.

OOO
OOO
XOO
OOO

Looks like its in the same row but different column.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #423 on: December 11, 2003, 10:13 AM »
Hmm!  1 up from the left corner. I still say Indy is packed randomly.

Simon, was that the 4th case from the other 3 you opened?

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #424 on: December 11, 2003, 11:58 AM »
Im not sure. I bought 6 boxes and they were off a shelf in a store, so its hard to tell if they were from the same carton or not.  

From the 6 boxes, 8 white Sandtroopers, 1 Indy and only the one kind of Band Member.  From what Matt said, looks like everyone is going to have to order the other band member from Hong Kong. I got mine in the mail today.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #425 on: December 11, 2003, 01:06 PM »
Anyone want to order a bunch of Hong Kong Cantina Band members at once, and just sell them to all the other members here? I'd rather just buy from a member of the boards than go to eBay.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #426 on: December 11, 2003, 01:42 PM »
The BBTS version is the Hong Kong version I believe, I have both sets of instruments.  My original order came from Hong Kong though which is the weird thing

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #427 on: December 11, 2003, 05:51 PM »
Cool, Ill just order one from there then :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #428 on: December 11, 2003, 09:20 PM »
I'm trying to set up a deal with a Hong Kong dealer to trade alot of my spare Cantina Band Members for for his. If I can work it out I might have a whole lot of spares, but please don't count on me just yet.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #429 on: December 11, 2003, 11:30 PM »
We put my feature of Series 2 up on the front page...enjoy (click on Greedo and Han)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 11:31 PM by OCB »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #430 on: December 11, 2003, 11:54 PM »
Nice article Scott :)

Question, has anyone found a case with just one white pauldron sandie?  Seems like both Dale and Simon got cases with only white or only orange.

Offline jara19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #431 on: December 12, 2003, 12:14 AM »
Loved the article , OCB.  :) I think my favorite ones are Greedo and Obi-Wan.

Would love to see a Vader and Lando in series 3.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 12:17 AM by jara19 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #432 on: December 12, 2003, 09:57 AM »
I haven't bought a single one of these figures yet, but after sitting here reading all of your comments about the line, and checking out Scott's article up on the front page now...I'm really getting tempted.  I think the overall cost is too high for me to be a completist, but I'm thinking about picking up a Han and going from there.  It would be nice to get a Chewie too, but I'm guessing that early-bird set runs a pretty penny.  For someone (like me) with a little smaller collecting fund....what is the best way to pick up some of the individual figures in this line?  Is ebay the way to go, or do online stores like Brian's Toys have decent prices (they usually seem high, but I see they have a Han - Opened Box for like $7.99.  I guess I am totally clueless about this line, and its prices really, so I thought I'd ask the experts :).  I probably shouldn't even start, or I'll want them all!  I'm with you guys though, it would be kind of nice if they just stuck to the OT on these...at least for now.  Great job on the feature too Scott, I really enjoyed it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #433 on: December 12, 2003, 11:01 AM »
I'm guessing (and maybe you're hinting ;)) that the guys here would be willing to help out for C&S if they can.  At least on the multiples.  

Those of us buying cases will have spares of Han, Sandtroopers and possibly a Cantina band member.  Unfortunately Greedo at 1 per case is unlikely to come from here, so where you see it cheap now, grab it. A buddy of mine locally is regretting not getting the second wave (much as I'm regretting missing the early bird se t:-\) when they were plentiful on ebay.  

I would guess getting it from a US member rather than Dale or I is going to be cheaper.  Probably higher shipping for us and we may have been hit with customs fees driving up our cost as well.  The last series cost me around $12 Cdn or $9 US total.  The dollar is better now but I still don't know about customs fees.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #434 on: December 12, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Thanks for the advice Morgbug, and I wasn't necessarily hinting that anyone needs to help me out.  I know that all of you have paid your price trying to obtain these figures for yourselves and your friends.  I was mainly just curious how much it would cost to pick up a few figures here and there.  I wanted to start with Han, because he's my favorite along with Chewie, and I figured Chewie might be kind of unreasonable since he was in the early bird set.  I was just wondering about prices on some of the figures, I really can't afford to drop a lot of money on a single figure (and my wife wouldn't be too happy with me either).  Thanks again for the tips!