Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144477 times)

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 2
« Reply #1065 on: March 26, 2004, 02:28 PM »
Hey guys,
   Just thought I'd chime in.  I also heard from that guy about the Death Star Escape Kamirus.  No go so I have gotten hold of my Hong Kong connection and he's looking for me.  Also, I can get Early Bird sets for $140 if anybody still needs one.  As far as the Darth Vader Kubrick goes, I can't imagine Medicom making a better one than Kamiru.  It's definitely the best Kamiru in my opinion...  If anyone is interested in a list of carded Kubricks I am selling let me know.   I'm pretty much selling all of them (and the Kamirus) and they look really great.   (If you want to buy just the cards and bubbles I can get those too.)  And on a side note, I just watched the Star Wars holiday special from 1978.  It was the toughest 2 hours of my life.  AWFUL!!!  Funny, too.  Anyone seenthat recently?  Ciao, Tony
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1066 on: March 26, 2004, 02:47 PM »
I assume Kamiru is the company that makes those Kubrick bootlegs...?

And on a side note, I just watched the Star Wars holiday special from 1978.  It was the toughest 2 hours of my life.  AWFUL!!!  Funny, too.  Anyone seenthat recently?

Check it out Tony!   ;)  Coincidentally, I just bought a real nice, new copy of it on DVD last weekend at Wizard World L.A.  Why?  I have no idea...   :-[   :'(   >:(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1067 on: March 28, 2004, 02:57 AM »
Riddle me this, Riddle me that, what the heck is up with that?

Need your help on this one guys. I found this Auction with a loose Boba Fett. It is out of the clear package & no weapon. This is the Vintage version with the Red & Yellow Gauntlets.

What got me interested in this is the Backpack, Rocket & Rocket Nozzles.

The Vintage Boba came with a Multi-Color Backpack (Blue & Yellow, some Silver) & a Silver Rocket w/Red rap towards the tip. Also has Silver Rocket Nozzles.

The one in the auction has a Multi-Color Backpack (Blue & Yellow, some Silver) & a Green Rocket! This also has Green Rocket Nozzles.

MEDICOM TOMY STAR WARS BOBA FETT KUBRICK LOOSE R@RE!!!!

My carded Boba is the Vintage version & has a Multi-Color Backpack (Blue & Yellow, some Silver) & a Silver Rocket w/Red rap towards the tip. Also has Silver Rocket Nozzles.

So my question is, WTF! Has the one on auction been tampered with? Have the Rocket & Rocket Nozzles been replaced? Are my old eyes playing tricks on me?

Can you guys with the chase figures & the ones with the carded Boba please check theres out.

I cannot see this being a variation IMO.

Heres mine for reference & yes they have escaped there clear plastic bags of Doom!  :P

The one on auction.

Thoughts?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1068 on: March 28, 2004, 03:28 AM »
Sheesh...  And you said I was paranoid over my White Sandtrooper production error with no side pouches...   ::)

99.9% sure those are just swapped parts there Dale.  The rocket/missile portion is completely removable from the jetpack, so swapping those is as simple as changing a figure's guns.  The exhaust nozzle things are definitely articulated, so I suppose they're possibly removable as well, though I haven't tried it and therefore can't confirm it.  If not easily removeable, then I'm sure forcibly.  I'm out of town right now, or I'd look at my 3 Fetts a little closer for ya'.

Botton line - I would pay that auction no mind whatsoever.  It's bogus.

And what the hell are your figures doing out of their clear plastic chambers of death?!?   :o  Did you actually open 'em all up finally?  If so, I'm sure I'd speak on behalf of the whole gang here when I say - We're all very proud of you Dale.  Very proud...   8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1069 on: March 28, 2004, 04:00 AM »
I say its bogus too. The Rocket Nozzles do come off very easily & replacing the Rocket is no problem ethier. What gets me is why do this & sell it?  ???

And what the hell are your figures doing out of their clear plastic chambers of death?!?   :o  Did you actually open 'em all up finally?  If so, I'm sure I'd speak on behalf of the whole gang here when I say - We're all very proud of you Dale.  Very proud...   8)

Well heck, they don't do any good sitting in there, how you say it. "plastic chambers of death". Time for a change but by no means the figures come off there cards!  :P

I was at Michaels craft store the other day & found some neat display cases with a mirrored bottom just like this one I found pictured here in a hobby store link.

The little dudes stand up very well in there & you can see the reflection quite well though you do have to be careful when putting the top on as they will fall over, same with moving the cases.  :-\  

The other thing is with the shape on the top & the inside bottom of the case, you can stack them.  8)  Better than nothing.  ;)

They measure 9" x 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". Lots of room.  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1070 on: March 28, 2004, 04:11 AM »
I was at Michaels craft store the other day & found some neat display cases with a mirrored bottom just like this one I found pictured here in a hobby store link... The little dudes stand up very well in there & you can see the reflection quite well though you do have to be careful when putting the top on as they will fall over, same with moving the cases...

Interesting idea there!  Maybe I'll poke my nose into a Michael's today or tomorrow.  Whereabouts do they have those in the store?  I assume they're actually designed for Hot Wheels types of cars, right?  So what do you do, just stand them on their ends, and stand the Kubricks up inside?  Does the case "clip" onto the base at all, or how easy is it to come off when the thing is in the upright position?

Does IG-88 fit standing up in them?  How much are they each?  Tell me more!  Tell me more!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1071 on: March 28, 2004, 05:23 AM »
I found them in with the Curio Cabinets. They do have a case in the plastic model section as does Walmart but I did not like them. These ones are much better. As I mentioned, I like the edges as you can stack them.

I took some shots of mine with some vinty figures on there stands for a comparison.

Mirrored base.

Figures on base, no top.

Complete display.  8)

As you can see, there is lots of room & IG-88 has room to stand. The cases even come with a clear bottom but I like the mirror.  ;)

Once the top & bottom are together, it takes a bit of force to pry them apart. Heres the link I got that pick of the car inside.

Carney Plastics

Have a look in there at there cases. Gives you an idea of what to expect.

They were cheap, about $13. so around $10. US ea. I am going to get another case & mark were I want them to stand & drill holes through the base & see if I can glue some wood dowel in it. Micheals has dowel & they come in different diameters. Maybe good for making footholes!  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1072 on: March 28, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Oh...  I thought that was a Hot Wheels sized car, but apparently it's much bigger.

I'll have to scope out a few more of these cases and see what looks good.  I probably want more than just 7 - 8 Kubricks in a display at once.  Hmm...

Thanks for the info D.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1073 on: March 29, 2004, 10:05 PM »
The display cases on that site come in different sizes depending on what you want. Have to check into more.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1074 on: March 30, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Well that R2 on auction went for not to bad coin.

Star Wars R2-D2 Kubrick w Card Package

Cheapest one I've seen next to...  ::)  So whats the game plan guys?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1075 on: March 30, 2004, 01:39 PM »
Seems like GBU got one of his two shipped to him, he only got one even though he bought two ::)

I have heard jack squat

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1076 on: March 30, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Seems like GBU got one of his two shipped to him, he only got one even though he bought two ::)

Say What!!!!!!!!!!  Back up here, so you mean to say GBU got 1 sent to him & yet he was the 4th & 5th winner?

Update: I just read that thread!      

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1077 on: March 30, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Email going out.  And this is what it said...

Hi Andy,

Much to my dismay, I've learned that one of the other winners of the R2 has received one of his two that he won by auction.  I'm not entirely certain about the order in which the items were won, but I believe G_B_U was the last to win, so I'm a little surprised to see he received his first.  

The communication on your part has been lacking in my opinion.  I think I ( and the other winners) have been extremely patient.  I know that both myself and one of the other winners have communicated we would have taken the damaged versions though that option was never available to us.  

I would sincerely appreciate an update promptly. I know one of the other winners is extremely frustrated at the moment and more than willing to post negative feedback as well as communicate directly with ebay.  I honestly hope this will not happen, but we bid on the items in good faith and as indicated above, have been extremely patient.  Please provide an update as soon as possible.

sincerely,

brent/elbuggo
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 02:23 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1078 on: March 30, 2004, 04:33 PM »
I am so mad about that Droids R2, i totally forgot it was ending and full intentions on bidding on it.  :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1079 on: March 31, 2004, 04:47 PM »
Woo hoo!

My wifey advised me I got three packages waiting for me at home.  One from BBTS with Series 2, one from the Toy Federation with Series 1, and the third from the Earth ;D.

I was thrilled to discover the Cantina Band Member was the other one I needed.  All said and done $85 shipped for both series including the Chase Sandtrooper.

Here is my Kubrick Display inside my display cabinet.

Click on the "My Collection Pic's" / My Collcection / Page 2 / Kubrick Display in my signature thread for bigger pictures.

I got the idea the other night to use cd cases as steps for this display.  Do you like how it looks?

-Fish-  
« Last Edit: April 1, 2004, 09:51 AM by FishEyedLouie »