Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145192 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1245 on: May 25, 2004, 10:52 AM »
Small break or not, it's a single box.  I can accept the $15+ for shipping, it is overseas.  But there is no way adding a second small figure that weighs maybe 200 grams at most (1/2 pound) jacks up the rate that much.  

Insurance amount doesn't bother me at all, more expensive items equals higher insurance cost, pretty logical.  

Dale, shipped to you or to Scott in an effort to avoid customs fees?  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1246 on: May 25, 2004, 10:53 AM »
I got my Droids R2 and it is awesome. Very classic.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1247 on: May 25, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Well Brent, I do think its a tad high. The auction does state:

US-Canada: US$15.85 for 1st Class Air-Mail Registration Posting with tracking no. (8-10 working days to reach destination).

He wants $24.85 + US $4.85 for a total of $29.70. We would pay around $19. for customs & the $5. paper crap for a total of $24. CDN.

If we send it to Scott & he ships it to us, it should cost around at a guess no more than $8. letter Air Mail.

So $24. CDN = $17.50. Ummm, $29.70 - $17.50 = $12.20 US saving I think. $16.75 CDN.

My head hurts!  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1248 on: May 25, 2004, 11:16 AM »
Ouch.  

Screw it, I'll get it sent direct to you, thanks though for the offer of assistance Scott.  

The reason I'm deciding that is because if it goes to Scott, his cheapest shipping option is to me rather than you.  That means probably another 5-10 business days from Scott to me and 2-5 more for you, you'd see it by end of June ::)

I'll email Andy and indicate that it will go to you.  I will pay him that amount as he suggested but will indicate that the shipping sticker better bloody well read that amount (I'll phrase it nicely).  

If that seems acceptable Dale, I'll send the email.  If you want it to go to Scott, LMK.

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1249 on: May 25, 2004, 11:18 AM »
It's ridiculous but some people actualy do that: making an extra profit by jacking up the shipping cost. Guessing Andy is doing just that, which is absurd after what he had put you through!

BTW evenflow; Nice score on the R2! Have you got the other carded SW Kubricks as well?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 11:19 AM by Mos-Quito »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1250 on: May 25, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Sorry, I was getting all nervous & sweaty!  ;D

Have it shipped to me & lets put an end to this nightmare!  ;)

He's still getting a big fat neg from me!  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1251 on: May 25, 2004, 12:12 PM »

He's still getting a big fat neg from me!  >:(

Quite so.  As I indicated by pm, short of him covering the shipping, he'll be getting a neg from me as well.  

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1252 on: May 27, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Speaking of Andy and high shipping charges, he charged me around $40.00 for the two T3 Kubrick sets and the Early Bird set.  Granted those weigh more than the R2 Kubrick, but still only around 2 to 2 1/2 pounds packaged.  Trust me he definitely pads his shipping costs.  

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1253 on: May 27, 2004, 02:51 PM »

BTW evenflow; Nice score on the R2! Have you got the other carded SW Kubricks as well?

No thats the first one. I don't think i will ever be able to afford the Boba Fett, but Luke is doable. He is next. :)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1254 on: May 27, 2004, 03:10 PM »

No thats the first one. I don't think i will ever be able to afford the Boba Fett, but Luke is doable. He is next. :)
I'm with you, but its going to bug me to no end seeing a Luke and R2 on top of case and knowing there is another carded Kubrick out there

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1255 on: May 27, 2004, 03:18 PM »
Hopefully someday you guys will score Boba!  ;)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1256 on: May 27, 2004, 04:51 PM »
I'm thinking about starting a little Star Wars Kubrick publication. Basically it would be like the Star Wars Fact Files. You start with a Star Wars Kubricks binder, and every two weeks or every month or something, you get a new page to go into the Star Wars Kubrick guide book. Each page features a single figure (different pages per each chase figure maybe?), with various shots loose, and of the packaging. Shots of the accessories, and actual character photos. Sort of like Steve Sansweet's Action Figure Archive meets Star Wars Fact Files. Unfortunately, I wouldnt be able to sell it or anything, unless maybe I sell it at cost. Then again, maybe there isnt even any interest in it! lol Unless they come out with Series 3, it would be a very long publication either.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1257 on: May 27, 2004, 08:21 PM »
Interesting idea Adam.  I love ANY nice photo and reference archives/books of the various SW collectibles we hoard.  But I do agree that waiting 'til Series 3 is announced (hopefully), is in order.  Too short of a project otherwise...   ;)

Nice score on the carded R2 Daniel.  Sounds like hopefully a few of the gang here will be joining you shortly.  I'm still doddling around with my pursuit of one.

Good luck on June 6th Simon.  Better bring us some Series 3 news finally, or we're going to ban you from JD.  Yes, that's a threat, so ya' better come through for us all this time...  No more excuses, bud!   :-*

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1258 on: May 28, 2004, 12:43 AM »
Well first priority will be to get one of those new Fett's.  Then it'll be off to the Medicom stand to get some snapshots of the new prototypes. Will there be Star Wars Series 3? Stay tuned for another exciting episode............

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1259 on: May 28, 2004, 03:31 AM »
Well first priority will be to get one of those new Fett's.

Sheesh.  Had me scared poopless there for a second Simon.  But I assume now that you're just talking about that funny little bobblehead looking Fett that just appeared last week, right?  Not something actually Kubrick related...  Phew!  I was going to be mildly irate if there was another carded Fett hitting the market.   :P

So with that in mind, forget the Fett, and concentrate on digging up some/any Series 3 news for me!  Got it?!  Good.  'Cause I'm getting rather anxious and quite nervous about our cool little Kubrick line's fate here.  Plus, Kubrick's gotta get a Series 3 out if we all want to order a copy of Adam's upcoming Kubrick Figure Archive book!   8)

Good luck, and report back when you've got some GOOD news for us!  Go get 'em soldier.  Give 'em hell!  And if they won't talk, you make them talk - by whatever means necessary!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 03:32 AM by JediMAC »