Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 145406 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1380 on: June 13, 2004, 01:35 AM »
And anyone else thinking this Box Set is actually Series 4???  Seems too weird to me ???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1381 on: June 13, 2004, 01:36 AM »
OK...here it is

Series 3
C-3PO
Lando Calrissian
AT-AT Driver
Ewok
Jawa

Where are you getting the AT-AT Driver from?

C3PO, (a little bit stubby)
Lando Carrussian, (nicely done with a big cloak)
Ewok (I think its wicket but i`m not sure)
Tie fighter pilot from the original star wars
Some kind of mini sandpeople thing.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1382 on: June 13, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Trust me ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1383 on: June 13, 2004, 01:40 AM »
Where's the Tie Fighter Pilot?

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 2
« Reply #1384 on: June 13, 2004, 01:40 AM »
Have you seen pics yet?  Did you get any other details on these?  That box set sounds fishy.  Nothing goes together.  
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1385 on: June 13, 2004, 02:03 AM »
OK...here it is

Series 3
C-3PO
Lando Calrissian
AT-AT Driver
Ewok
Jawa

Box Set (And how these go together I have no idea)
Spirit Obi-Wan
Han Solo (Bespin)
Black R2 Unit
R5-D4
Han Solo (Carbonite)

Carded Droids Boba Fett

That's a severe hodge-podge, to say the least.  
Spirit Obi is bizarre and unnecessary.  Han is fine, though a little soon for another Han ::)  Black R2?  WTF?  R5-D4 - who wanted that ::)

As far as series 3 goes, it looks like a ROTJ assortment but...
C-3PO - makes sense, he's missing and needed
Lando Calrissian - General Lando, good choise
AT-AT Driver - not ROTJ
Ewok - it makes sense even if I loathe it
Jawa  - Uh........ ???

Hey, I'll trust you Scott, it just doesn't have any rhyme or reason to it.  The series or the box set.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1386 on: June 13, 2004, 02:54 AM »
I'm on a mission today! I have a blinding sake hangover, but that's not going to stop me!

Go get 'em Simon!  I'd love a first hand report from our local JD buddy and connection out there, 'cause quite frankly, some of this stuff just doesn't seem to make all that much sense to me...

I've been totally impressed with all of Medicom's Star Wars offerings to date, and I've often said that they really "get it" when it comes to our favorite franchise, and the collecting aspect of it.  But today's announcements just seem a little "off" to me.  They just don't make as good of sense, like the previous couple Series and other offerings did.  I'm a little perplexed, and even a tad disappointed with some of these selections, considering the plethora of characters that are still available to choose from...

Don't get me wrong though - any new Star Wars Kubrick news is GOOD news, and any new figures are cool with me.  Just some of the choices leave a bit to be desired, is all...

Series 3 - Don't detect any specific theme here (movie, or otherwise)
C-3PO - Obviously an excellent choice   8)
Lando Calrissian - Hopefully the standard ESB version.  If so, excellent.   8)  If it's the General version, POOR choice.
AT-AT Driver - Why?  Makes no sense to do such an insignificant character this early in the line.
Ewok - Eh.  OK.  I guess I'll live.  Many better choices still out there though.  Probable Chase figure.
Jawa - Cool.  Minor character, but it fills out the ANH line a bit more, which is fine by me.   8)

Box Set (And how these go together I have no idea)
Spirit Obi-Wan - Blah.  Many better choices, plus - we already have a Ben.
Han Solo (Bespin) - Han was in Series 2.  Do someone new!
Black R2 Unit - Lame.  This is getting into Hasbro rehash territory here.  If we were 200 figures into the Kubrick line, then I'd be all for this.  But definitely NOT now...   ::)
R5-D4 - I dig it.  I'd love to polish off more of ANH, and once we get a Tusken Raider, the Tatooine portion of the flick will essentially be complete.   8)
Han Solo (Carbonite) - Umm...  What'll it look like?  Can't this just accompany the Bespin Han above?  OK, I guess.  Not outstanding though.

Carded Droids Boba Fett - Oy.  Slow down on the carded stuff already!  Cool idea again though.  I'm praying this is more along the lines of the Luke and Droids R2, as far as availability and cost.  It'd be tolerable, I guess, if that was the case.

All in all, I just don't really like seeing the cool "themed" waves disappear, and some of those real obscure figures (AT-AT Driver and Black R2) are just totally ridiculous this early on, before other iconic characters haven't been made yet.  Getting a little worred that Medicom's catching on to Hasbro's rehash nonsense.  They seem too good to do that to us.

As for the potential Chase figures, I'd guess the Ewok, possibly the Tie Pilot/AT-AT Driver might be one, and perhaps the Black Astromech might have one (or be one himself, for R5).  Curious...

Still might see a Vader or Yoda pop into that Series 3, since it still seems to be missing a 6th figure, like the prior waves.  Perhaps Medicom's just rollin' out all kinds of goods at the show this year, covering the entire next year, and not just the next Series.  Otherwise, I'm just confused.  I don't want to feel like they no longer "get it".

Still cool figures though, and I anxiously look forward to whatever they put out!   ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 03:18 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1387 on: June 13, 2004, 05:03 AM »
Well I've seen then first hand. I tried to get a photo along with about 4 or 5 other guys but security was really tight. I'd need a spy camera or something to do it.

I can confirm everything. However I was under the impression that Series 3 is

Lando (Bespin)
C-3PO
Wicket
AT-AT Driver
Jawa
Han Solo in Carbonite

The box set is
Han Solo
Ghost of Obi-Wan
R5-D4
Black R2 unit
Ewok (Logray possibly)

That is how it appeared to me. I think it would be strange to to Hans in one series.

I'm with Matt here. One of the disappointment is that there is no real obvious theme here.  Also The Han is just the same as the Series 2 only with a coat instead of a vest. And need I say, 2 Ewoks!!! Besides that I'm really looking forward to getting these.

Although I said that I hoped that there would be no Boba Fett variation, the new Droids Carded one looks awesome.  There was no price on this one, so it might be some kind exclusive too.

Hey, my wallet just moved!

Sorry to disappoint with no pics, but let me tell you that I think after seeing these ones, I'm going to focus one just collecting Star Wars Kubricks as it looks like this is going to be an expensive venture in the future. The are just SO cool!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 05:37 AM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1388 on: June 13, 2004, 05:35 AM »
Thanks of your report and good luck on finding sw kubricks :)
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1389 on: June 13, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Ohh this is exciting! Good job with the update using a photographic memory ;D I'm kinda disapointed to hear that Vader is not mentioned. I would love a ROTJ final battle theme. Anyways; with Han in Carbonite, did you see a carbonite block as well or was it just the Han figure?? And with the Droid Boba Fett, could you tell if it was just a repaint or does it have a new armor for an accurate look?

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1390 on: June 13, 2004, 10:44 AM »
I could only see the casing of the Han in Carbonite. I'm not sure if there was a figuree that could be removed, but I presume there was.

As for the Fett, it has been repainted to match the colour scheme of the Droids body armour.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1391 on: June 13, 2004, 10:52 AM »
WOHOO! :) Droids Fett!

Are the Ewoks in proper scale, or are all the figures the same height? I can settle for having all the Ewoks the same height as one another, as long as they're not the same height as other characters
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1392 on: June 13, 2004, 10:59 AM »
That was another disappointing thing actually Adam. The Ewoks are the same height as the other figures. The scaled the droids, but not the Ewoks for some reason. Still they look nothing like that lame Bearbick Ewok.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1393 on: June 13, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Awesome, a cartoony Droids Fett!

Now with Boba on a Droids style card, there leaves only 3PO left to hit that series. It may happen now he's being released with the regular set. Then after that, who knows.

This is going to be a great series to get.  8)

Simon, did you see anything related to that Indy figure? Is there going to be any Indy series?  :-\

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1394 on: June 13, 2004, 11:32 AM »
Nah Dale. No Indy that I remember. Of other Kubricks, I saw Marvel S2, Batman S2 (?), an awesome Unkle Box set, a couple of Disney Lines and the Usual Suspects. There were alot more, but I don't really remember them.

Now, the chase figures weren't on display and I'm guessing there will be 2 different ones.  What will they be???
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 11:33 AM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »