Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 144486 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1470 on: June 18, 2004, 11:32 PM »
http://www.kubrickworld.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=18

Check out the large pics...you can sort of see "Box Set" in front of Han

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1471 on: June 18, 2004, 11:40 PM »
Ok, I've really been holding off on these since they are tougher to get here in the US, but after weeks and months of reading through the Kubrick thread here, and now seeing these pictures, I'm really getting tempted.  I realize that I'm too far behind (and it would be too expensive) to totally "catch up", but I wouldn't mind starting to get a few of these (without the chases obviously).  Other than the early bird set and chase figures, can most of these be bought at somewhat reasonable prices?  I still might just try to hunt me down the first Han that was released, just to see what they are like.  If nothing else, he's my favorite character, and it doesn't hurt to have one (or does it....addiction rising.. ;)).  Great pics by the way, this line sure looks spiffy.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1472 on: June 19, 2004, 01:37 AM »
Time to get out before it gets really bad
ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH
this is going to kill me
This ,stikfas regular figures and clerks!!!!
I need another job
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1473 on: June 19, 2004, 04:30 AM »
Holy Crap! I just got home & saw these pic's. I looked at the large photo's & the carded Droids Boba just rocks.  8)

Looking at the image for comparison on the archive of a carded Droids Fett with the Kubrick Droids Fett, IMHO it's just so...WOW!   It even has 3PO peeking around the bubble.  8)

I gotta go to the bank!   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1474 on: June 19, 2004, 04:58 AM »
Other than the early bird set and chase figures, can most of these be bought at somewhat reasonable prices?

Well, more reasonable than what they used to be going for Brian, but still a little more than the Hasbro figures.  But I've seen the Bounty Hunter set drop down to around $60 a few times, and the Series 2 sets dropping below $50 on eBay, so you're looking at less than $10 a pop on them now, and probably less if you're patient, and a good eBay shopper.  But be careful, 'cause they're definitely addicting!   ;)  I'll keep an eye out for any good auctions Bri, and give you a shout when I see them...

Anyone going to reply to my C-3PO silver leg comment (above)?  You tellin' me I'm just seeing things?!   :-X  And now that Scott's pointed out those two blown up, larger pictures and I can really get a better look at the detail, I'm really digging all of these!  Those astromechs look good enough to put with the Hasbro figures!   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1475 on: June 19, 2004, 05:13 AM »
Anyone going to reply to my C-3PO silver leg comment (above)?  You tellin' me I'm just seeing things?!

Oh bitch bitch bitch   ;D

3PO's Gold to me. Looks like just the reflection of the silver lock on the display case from the camera flash. There are other small areas of silver I can see on him so thats my story & I'm sticking to it!  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1476 on: June 19, 2004, 05:15 AM »
I'll keep an eye out for any good auctions Bri, and give you a shout when I see them...

Speaking of which, here's an auction for the Bounty Hunters (loose) that ended at only $31.  Now that's not bad!  $5 per.  So maybe keeping an eye out for loose ones is a good idea (if you don't mind someone elses opened figures).

Still sealed Bounty Hunter set ending at $56.

And as an FYI to anyone else who may care, this ROTJ Fett Chase ended at under $60.  Still no vintage versions to be found though.  That one's starting to seem a lot harder and harder to find.  Haven't seen one in quite a while on eBay, but I've seen 8 or so of the ROTJ versions...

Looks like the Indy's are still going in the $80 - $85 range.

Couple Early Bird sets ending at $101 and $102.50, so that's dropped $20 or so in the last couple months.

Speaking of which, after looking at one of those Early Bird auctions, I got to wondering:  Does anyone here actually use their cardboard backdrop from the Early Bird set to display their first 10 figures?  Doesn't sound like it, and I don't plan to myself, but I was just wondering...

Overall, a lot of the SW Kubricks on eBay aren't even selling, 'cause the sellers seem to be pretty unwilling to drop their prices much at all so far.  So expect some pricing decreases not too far down the line on a lot of this stuff.

P.S.  Nice sale Tony!   8)  BTW, are you really in Long Beach?!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1477 on: June 19, 2004, 05:18 AM »

3PO's Gold to me. Looks like just the reflection of the silver lock on the display case from the camera flash. There are other small areas of silver I can see on him so thats my story & I'm sticking to it!  :P

Who asked you Canucklehead?!   :-X

It's silver, dammit!  I said so!   >:(

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #1478 on: June 19, 2004, 06:37 AM »
Anyone going to reply to my C-3PO silver leg comment (above)?  You tellin' me I'm just seeing things?!

If I remember rightly Matt, The leg is gold and silver. You are right. It's kind of the worn/dirty look after the crash landing from the escape pod on Tatooine in ANH. I remember thinking that was another nice touch by Medicom.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 10:44 AM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 2
« Reply #1479 on: June 19, 2004, 09:46 AM »
Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really like some of those, but I love the Droids Boba Fett. I dont mind dishing out the cash for this one over the carded Sandtrooper. I just love the Droids and Ewoks series. The Jawa looks awesome. 3PO looks like a silver leg to me.  I wish the picture was a little more to the left to get a better look at the carbonite. Still Awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1480 on: June 19, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Thank you for the pics!! Loving Han's block, I dont really care if it comes with the figure or not. Funny to see 3PO taller than AT-AT Driver and Lando :) Hmm, apart from the card I dont find the Droids Boba amazing at all. I thought they would've retooled his costume as well rather than just simply repainting it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1481 on: June 19, 2004, 01:02 PM »

Who asked you Canucklehead?!   :-X

It's silver, dammit!  I said so!   >:(

OK, now that Matt got out that out of his system, just playing with ya  ;)  C-3PO does have silver. You guys can have a closer look at the enlarged pic.

The 1st pic, Paploo is  :-\  Spirit Obi-Wan is cool, I like the etching on the bluish plastic, Han Bespin is cool, the black Imperial R2 kicks ass & R5-D4 is sweet.

The next pic, Han Carbonite, yeah, a better pic of the block would have been nice but I like what see thus far, C-3PO is cool & very nice adding the silver to him, Tie Fighter Pilot awesome,  Lando Calrissian is cool, Scott may want to pick up an extra of him so he can modify him to make the first Kubrick Ice Cream Maker Guy   ;)  

Wicket, well ahh... very thin on the bottom & looks like hes on Roids! Jawa, OK I guess, I would have preferred a material cloak with him.

Carded Droids Boba Fett, Say no more!  8)

I wonder why they went with the yellow color instead of the green for the chest plate & knee pads?  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1482 on: June 19, 2004, 02:41 PM »
I've also heard the Fett referred to as Holiday Special Fett; is there a difference? Can anyone confirm what the card says? Holiday Special, or Droids Cartoon?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1483 on: June 19, 2004, 03:11 PM »
I've also heard the Fett referred to as Holiday Special Fett; is there a difference? Can anyone confirm what the card says? Holiday Special, or Droids Cartoon?

I just took a good look at it on my PhotoImpact program. It looks like it says the same thing as the Droids R2. (From the DROIDS TV series). Hard to tell but I think its a match.

The Droids Fett made his first apperance in the Holiday Special, 1978. The Droids cartoon was released in 1985 & was the adventures of C-3PO & R2D2. I would say they are the same.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #1484 on: June 19, 2004, 03:16 PM »
Taking a look at my wishlist/guess list you can see there are a TON of main characters left for which to do Kubricks for, they are on Series 6 of Disney so there is a great chance we'll be loving these well past 2006 or 2007 when Hasbro goes the way of the Dodo

Series 3 (Return of the Jedi)

Emperor
Emperor's Royal Guard
C-3PO
Stormtrooper
Darth Vader (no helmet variant)
Jedi Luke Skywalker
Slave Leia (Chase)

Series 4 (The Phantom Menace)

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Anakin Skywalker (Pod Racer Variant)
Darth Maul
Padme (Theed Palace)
Jar Jar Binks
Yoda (Chase)

Series 5 (Attack of the Clones)

Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Clonetrooper (Blue, Yellow, Red Variants)
Padme (Arena)
Mace Windu (Chase)

Series 6 (Episode III)

Anakin Skywalker
Darth Sidious
New Bad Guy
New Clonetrooper (Paint Variants)
Bail Organa
Mystery Spoiler
Mystery Spoiler (Chase)

Series 7 (ANH Redux)

Tarkin