Author Topic: eBay Kubrick Scams and Fakes  (Read 99364 times)

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Kubrick Scams and Fakes
« Reply #150 on: August 5, 2011, 05:55 PM »
So just to follow up, I contacted the seller and he agreed to refund me no problem once I ship it back to him (he bought it from someone else and didn't notice it himself).  I decided I really want the 100% legit version or nothing.  Thanks again for the suggestions.
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 5, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Glad to hear that it worked out for you.  Freejosh is a good seller, so I'm not surprised he agreed to refund you 100%.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2011, 10:06 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KUBRICK-DARTH-VADER-star-wars-RARE-CARD-HTF-/250890972650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6a446dea

Looks like someone got a hold of one of bikeridetony's customs and is selling it as a 'comic con or convention type limited edition..foreign or American convention'.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2011, 10:28 PM »

Looks like someone got a hold of one of bikeridetony's customs and is selling it as a 'comic con or convention type limited edition..foreign or American convention'.

I'd gladly pay that much for bikeridetony's custom toy. if I knew the family was getting the money.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2011, 12:59 AM »
Anybody call in the ebay cops on this one?
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 4, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Someone should have read this auction more closely.  There is no way this turned out to be a chase.  The box pictured is from Series 1 and the pics show series one Fetts along with what I think is a secret from the Fett series itself.  Wish I saw this sooner.  The main point being that I doubt he was selling an untouched series 1 case of 96 as random boxes.  he must have gone through them first to find the chase figures.  Just looked fishy.
I don't collect Kubricks at all anymore.  I was trying to find a price on a Special Forces secret so I could sell it, when I came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Series1-BOBA-FETT-Kubrick-Sealed-SECRET-Chase-/300501296407?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f745e517
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 4, 2012, 05:33 PM »
I remember seeing that auction awhile ago. In small print it says "Could be one of the rare secret variant Boba Fetts shown below." (italics added by me)

::)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 5, 2012, 11:26 AM »
Some one went for it.  It finished over $0 big ones.  Not sure what a normal Fett goes for these days, but my guess is that it was not worth it.  Especially since the winner did not stand a chance at getting a secret.
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 7, 2012, 08:07 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEEDER-BIKE-SET-STAR-WARS-BOXSET-2004-MEDICOM-KUBRICK-100-/300660857134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4600c8992e

I know shipping to Canada (and back) has gotten expensive, but is it $30 expensive?  I hate it when sellers pull crap like this.  His other auctions are more in line at $17, though even that seems high.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 7, 2012, 10:19 PM »
That was one of the sellers I bought a Hoth Rebel from.  He charged me $20 shipping for that single figure.  He ended up shipping it UPS from Ontario to WI.  Unfortunately, the actual shipping amount was not printed on the label, so I can't tell if the shipping was too much or ridiculously too much. :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 7, 2012, 11:03 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPEEDER-BIKE-SET-STAR-WARS-BOXSET-2004-MEDICOM-KUBRICK-100-/300660857134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4600c8992e

I know shipping to Canada (and back) has gotten expensive, but is it $30 expensive?  I hate it when sellers pull crap like this.  His other auctions are more in line at $17, though even that seems high.

$11.50 REGULAR CANADA POST MAIL WITH TRACKING

Combined Shipping Rate: $3.00 each additional 100% Kubrick Set

U.S.A Shipping: $20.00 (WITH TRACKING)

International Shipping: $30.00 (WITH TRACKING)

(ALL INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR EXACT SHIPPING COST)

Shipping to Canada looks fine. As for the $30 for International, that what is shows in the shipping calculator for other countries... remember, these auctions are hooked up to the Postal Calculator via eBay & give the amount noted & prolly the highest amount to ship... could also depend on the size of box & weight factor the seller uses... an actual shipping cost will no doubt be had when taken to the PO, happens all the time... the eBay/Postal Calculator is just plain stupid...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2012, 11:32 PM »
I see this guy finally got the message that no one was willing to pay a $300+ BIN for an AFA graded 400% Boba Fett and put it up for auction instead.  I'll be interested to see where this one ends, especially since there is no reserve on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubrick-400-Boba-Fett-bounty-hunter-Store-AFA-graded-/110828893141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cdeab3d5

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2012, 09:58 PM »
Ha ha, this auction is pretty brazen.

I saw the completed auction and as you don't see a Dagobah Luke on ebay every day I wanted to check if it came with the weapons and saw this:

I can offer a $10 off discount for this figure if you are willing to do the transaction off ebay. In this way I don't have to pay fee to ebay and the fee can be transferred to your discount. I will do the transaction through Paypal so that you will still have your buyer protection from Paypal. I have already done many off-ebay sales with many ebayers and gotten completely ZERO problems. So if you would like to save some money, I suggest you can give me a chance. Just contact me through ebay and I will send you invoice through Paypal.

That is actually stated in the auction description for anyone (and ebay) to see. I'm pretty sure I've dealt with vader-lin before with out a problem but I just laughed how he openly states pretty much 'contact me off ebay and we'll do a deal'.

I can't imagine it (or he) will last much longer.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2012, 10:05 PM »
I see this guy finally got the message that no one was willing to pay a $300+ BIN for an AFA graded 400% Boba Fett and put it up for auction instead.  I'll be interested to see where this one ends, especially since there is no reserve on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubrick-400-Boba-Fett-bounty-hunter-Store-AFA-graded-/110828893141?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cdeab3d5

Dang, that went for a really great price! Not that I need another, but dang!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile