Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198432 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #180 on: July 1, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Hey, hey, hey. It's nilito.  8)

Welcome to JD and the biggest talk of SW Kuby's on the block, glad you made it over here. Another fine Canadian if I remember.  ;)

I sure hope your Logray chase is the real deal, too many bloody fakes floating around.  :-\

Anyhoo, I see that you have made yourself at home and you are catching up on things. Have a blast.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #181 on: July 1, 2005, 10:51 PM »

I sure hope your Logray chase is the real deal, too many bloody fakes floating around.  :-\

Just another reason not to own the damn Ewok >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #182 on: July 1, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Like I said, I haven't got mine yet.  But just to be ready, do you guys know any surefire ways to know if it's a Faker?  Any photo comparisons?
:)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #183 on: July 1, 2005, 11:24 PM »
yujun said he had a fake Logray and I posted pics of his back in April. It goes for a couple of pages.

Logray Fake

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #184 on: July 2, 2005, 03:11 AM »
I recall the fake Logray discussion about yujun's figure, but don't remember anything conclusive coming out of it, which means I still haven't heard of anyone getting caught faking a Star Wars Kubrick yet.

Obviously, seeing pictures ahead of time will always be the best way to go, so you can closely inspect the bag, the seams of the bag, and the contents of course.  Anyway, I'm not going to lose much sleep over stressing over potential Han Stormie fakes just yet...

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #185 on: July 2, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Yeah, I saw those posts from a few pages back (thanks, DSJ).  There really didn't seem to be anything to make it easier other than seeing if the baggie is tampered with or not authentic.  I'll wait until this week when it comes in.  Thanks, Kub-buds.  :)

Now, about those series 4 'bricks, there haven't been any popping up on eBay yet.  So far, it's the same guy posting 3 sets without any chases.  I can't wait for them to finally be here.  And this time, I'm not waiting so long to get all the chases.  Not giving them a chance for the Fakers to be made.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #186 on: July 3, 2005, 02:28 PM »
So it appears that Luke as Darth Vader to be the 1:48 and the Han Solo Stormtrooper to be the 3:48?  This makes sense can anyone confirm this?
I really hope that's the case.  Don't really like the Luke/Vader, but I would love to get the han stormie.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #187 on: July 3, 2005, 04:14 PM »
I recall the fake Logray discussion about yujun's figure, but don't remember anything conclusive coming out of it, which means I still haven't heard of anyone getting caught faking a Star Wars Kubrick yet.

Obviously, seeing pictures ahead of time will always be the best way to go, so you can closely inspect the bag, the seams of the bag, and the contents of course.  Anyway, I'm not going to lose much sleep over stressing over potential Han Stormie fakes just yet...

Hopefully tanyujun can chime in here, haven`t seen him online in awhile.
He got his money back for the Logray and never heard from the seller
again. But from what he says, it was a fake for sure. If I see him
online I`ll point him over here to clarify.
Adam

Offline juuan

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #188 on: July 3, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Hopefully tanyujun can chime in here, haven`t seen him online in awhile.

tanyujun is away on holiday.. ;D

hi Sithbaker, nilito and Matt Brand..
« Last Edit: July 3, 2005, 09:15 PM by juuan »
One cant always believe what he sees, let alone what he does not..

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #189 on: July 3, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Welcome to JD juuan, nice to see you over here.  8)

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #190 on: July 3, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Hey there, juaan.  It's so cool how we've all sorta gravitated to this place.  It's great to find a common ground for us nuts who seem to dig the heck out of Star Wars AND Kubricks.

PS.  How much longer do you guys think it'll be before we've all got a hot little Darth Vader Kubrick in our hands?  Mine're gettin' itchy.  LOL

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #191 on: July 3, 2005, 10:34 PM »
*sigh*

Is the cult complete yet.

;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #192 on: July 3, 2005, 11:40 PM »
yoz! hee.. sorry.. was away in australia goldcoast..  :)

mm.. regarding the logray.. i didnt give him any negative feedback cause he refunded my money....

i realised it was a fake cause of the legs.. normal ones has ball joints while the fake ones dun.. so when u move one side, the other will move too...

and the paint job.. its quite hard to tell though unless u compare the real and the fake one..

one more thing, notice the seller, madsontoys... they keep listing lograys.. ever wondered why they have so many of them??

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #193 on: July 4, 2005, 12:21 AM »
yoz! hee.. sorry.. was away in australia goldcoast..  :)

mm.. regarding the logray.. i didnt give him any negative feedback cause he refunded my money....

i realised it was a fake cause of the legs.. normal ones has ball joints while the fake ones dun.. so when u move one side, the other will move too...

and the paint job.. its quite hard to tell though unless u compare the real and the fake one..

one more thing, notice the seller, madsontoys... they keep listing lograys.. ever wondered why they have so many of them??

And none of them have boxes, right?
You`d think they would at least buy a bunch of wicket and use his box
Adam

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #194 on: July 4, 2005, 12:24 AM »
yup..

at the beginning they didnt come with boxes.. now they do..