Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198393 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1905 on: December 16, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Looking over my vintage display last night I still feel we need:

Hammerhead
Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing)
Snowtrooper
Princess Leia (Hoth)
Princess Leia (Bespin)
Princess Leia (Ceremonial)
Boushh
Jabba the Hutt
Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
4-5 Jabba Goons (Tessek, Ree Yees, Amanaman, Yakface, Klaatu, Nikto, Barada etc)
Lando Skiff
Lando General
Emperor's Royal Guard
TIE Fighter Pilot
2-3 More Ewoks
Spirit of Yoda
Spirit of Anakin

We also need a Grand Moff Tarkin!

Hell yeah need a Tarkin!
Any imperial officers would be cool actually.
This is a great list, nothing on there I would pass on (well, maybe the Spirits if
they were carded or something, not big on the spirit/hologram figs)
Adam

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1906 on: December 16, 2005, 09:10 PM »
did the vintage Droids C-3PO share the same artwork as the vintage Droids R2-D2??

No.  The artwork on the Droids 3PO card was different from the R2 card..

There was a company called Glasslite from Brazil that released Droids figures, and every single figure had the same card front. Just as an FYI.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1907 on: December 16, 2005, 09:20 PM »
did the vintage Droids C-3PO share the same artwork as the vintage Droids R2-D2??

There was a company called Glasslite from Brazil that released Droids figures, and every single figure had the same card front. Just as an FYI.

yes.. but not the card front that C-3PO comes with..

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1908 on: December 16, 2005, 09:46 PM »

The Glasslite Droids C-3PO has the same exact cardfront as all the other Glasslite Droids figures.

Example of a Glasslite 3PO

Example of Glasslite R2D2
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #1909 on: December 16, 2005, 10:12 PM »
I knew that image was from somewhere... that picture of C-3PO and R2 cowering below that shuttle looking thing is hard to forget just cuz its weird looking I guess..
so DON'T DO BIKERIDETONY!!!1111 sell R2 to meee  ;)

To tell the truth, the carded R2 I have already has a bad backercard.  It's warped and I should've sent it back to the seller but I didn't want to hassle with it.  It's been bugging me ever since.  I pretty much have collected most of the carded figures as carded and uncarded with the exception of the Bape Fett, Vader, and Parco Sandtrooper which are just way too expensive.  R2 was the last on my list.  I don't think $66 was that great a deal either.  Anyway, the Droids 3PO was just an excuse to bite the bullet and get another one so I had something to scan.  I would much rather do a Droids C-3PO that looks like the Kenner one but I'm not sure how the Kubricks would translate into those positions.  I'll look into it though.  Thanks for those Brazilian Droids pics.  Really cool...  By the way, did anyone else get an e-mail from Ryo at Robby?  I just ordered another master case. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1910 on: December 17, 2005, 12:16 AM »

The Glasslite Droids C-3PO has the same exact cardfront as all the other Glasslite Droids figures.

sorry amigo. what I meant was although the Glasslite's share the same card fronts the art that comes on the R2 that Bikeridetony bought is different from the art that comes on the Kenner C-3PO.

I knew that image was from somewhere... that picture of C-3PO and R2 cowering below that shuttle looking thing is hard to forget just cuz its weird looking I guess..

To tell the truth, the carded R2 I have already has a bad backercard.  It's warped and I should've sent it back to the seller but I didn't want to hassle with it.  It's been bugging me ever since.  I pretty much have collected most of the carded figures as carded and uncarded with the exception of the Bape Fett, Vader, and Parco Sandtrooper which are just way too expensive.  R2 was the last on my list.  I don't think $66 was that great a deal either.  Anyway, the Droids 3PO was just an excuse to bite the bullet and get another one so I had something to scan.  I would much rather do a Droids C-3PO that looks like the Kenner one but I'm not sure how the Kubricks would translate into those positions.  I'll look into it though.  Thanks for those Brazilian Droids pics.  Really cool...  By the way, did anyone else get an e-mail from Ryo at Robby?  I just ordered another master case. 

no worries man.. just whining a little.  ;D

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1911 on: December 17, 2005, 01:14 AM »

Yep, I think Ryo said they had 20 cases or so left (5 MCs), I`m sure they
will go fast. Didn`t order one though.
Adam

Offline Scream27

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1912 on: December 17, 2005, 12:29 PM »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1913 on: December 17, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Got these in the mail today. Kinda neat! Cheap enough to say what the hell
and buy a set.

Comparison shot with a kubrick/box

This was the only label on the box:

All in all, for what they cost, they are pretty damn cool! I will gladly add them
to my Kubrick bootleg shelf  ;D
Adam

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1914 on: December 17, 2005, 05:05 PM »

sorry amigo. what I meant was although the Glasslite's share the same card fronts the art that comes on the R2 that Bikeridetony bought is different from the art that comes on the Kenner C-3PO.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1915 on: December 17, 2005, 06:00 PM »
and buy a set.

Sweet!  Dale (DSJ) and I have a set coming too.  (Actually, I only ordered the Vader)

The look good, can't wait for them to arrive. 8)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1916 on: December 17, 2005, 06:05 PM »
and buy a set.

Sweet!  Dale (DSJ) and I have a set coming too.  (Actually, I only ordered the Vader)

Hold your breath when you open the bag, they must put them in right after they get
painted/treated or something, woke me right up!  :o ;D
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1917 on: December 17, 2005, 09:46 PM »
and buy a set.

Hold your breath when you open the bag, they must put them in right after they get
painted/treated or something, woke me right up!  :o ;D

So these sort of have a different smell than opening a Kuby eh!    ;D

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1918 on: December 18, 2005, 07:41 AM »
jst back from my HK trip! hows the SW kub scene?

managed to get a TRU set on my last day.. ard 50bucks.. that was the only SW kubrick i bought.. :(  didnt manage to see 400% luke/ han though.. are they released yet?

saw a couple of carded kubs and the 400% ESB fetts but the price tags were all insane! ebay is definelty cheaper..

didnt see any blue snaggletooth too.. went ard asking the shops and most found wally in their MCs but sold out..

anyway i got a set of 6+han chase+wally for sale.. interested, pm me.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1919 on: December 18, 2005, 02:26 PM »
I see honorius has a few TRU sets on the auction block, didn't he have that many with the last TRU sets?

I have 50 sets right now.