Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 197046 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2005, 11:01 PM »
I'd guess that this might mean we'll be learning the chase figures within the next hour or two...  Exciting!

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Actually I jusr heard from the guy.   He got some loose ones at the exhibition. He said his friend is Fed-Exing him some sealed boxes of 12 today or tomorrow. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2005, 02:42 AM »
Just got word from Hong Kong.  Here 's the breakdown per case of 12.

* DARTH VADER with Lightsaber ratio : 4/12
* STORMTROOPER with Blaster Rifle ratio : 3/12
* EMPEROR PALPATINE with Emperor's cane ratio : 2/12
* LUKE SKYWALKER  in Bespin outfit with blaster ratio : 1/12
* HAN SOLO in Hoth gear with Blaster ratio : 1/12
* NIEN NUNB with Blaster ratio : 1/12

Looks like we got Vader and Stormtrooper chases coming our way.  You never know though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2005, 03:08 AM »
Man, this is unlike Medicom to release the boxes at Toy Fairs. Guess this is a first.

I see one of the carded Vader's got Bin'd.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2005, 03:14 AM »
Guilt for making us wait so long?  Yeah right.  Did you notice some descriptions of the Emperor say "with walking cane" and some say "with lightening bolts"?  If he's 2 to a case that makes sense.  The bolts must be the accessory variation.  Hmmm...

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2005, 03:48 AM »
Guilt for making us wait so long?  Yeah right.  Did you notice some descriptions of the Emperor say "with walking cane" and some say "with lightening bolts"?  If he's 2 to a case that makes sense.  The bolts must be the accessory variation.  Hmmm...

Awesome detective work bikeridetony.   ;D

I am so stoked that the Stormtrooper, Vader, & Emperor are the 4X, 3X, & 2X figures.  The Emperor accessory variation would make sense.  I know I said this about the Jawa, but if this one ends up being like the Cantina Band Member we need to hook each other up. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:48 AM by Padawan »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2005, 06:20 AM »

Awesome detective work bikeridetony.   ;D

I am so stoked that the Stormtrooper, Vader, & Emperor are the 4X, 3X, & 2X figures.  The Emperor accessory variation would make sense.  I know I said this about the Jawa, but if this one ends up being like the Cantina Band Member we need to hook each other up. 

Agreed.
I wonder if they will do a Stormie variation of some sort. Since he is 3x per box,
like han carb block (han carb sickness) & Sandtrooper (white pauldron trooper).
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2005, 07:51 AM »
Got this from kubrickworld.
Series 4 Chase Vader!
Head over to http://www.slave1.jp/ and go to the news section.

Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2005, 07:53 AM »
Got this from kubrickworld.
Series 4 Chase Vader!
Head over to http://www.slave1.jp/ and go to the news section.

Here is a direct link to one of the pictures!
http://www.slave1.jp/image2/luke-vader003.jpg

Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2005, 08:49 AM »
Sweet mother of Kuby's!   8)

I got a translation from BableFish on the comment on there forum:

After going around the meeting place of the "MEDICOM TOY EXHIBITION '05",
The aim limited goods were purchased, of the meeting place came out. 
While to do the tea with close Mack, SW goods sermon.
Then, it started opening the キƒ…ーブリック series 4 everyone this day being preceded and being sold.  ;D
Don't you think? generally, while looking at Vader where everyone is bought, "the saver just a little is long. "
"Becoming the face of old age アナキン, don't you think? the る", "secret probably is what? "And so on with you speak when,

"What by your must open, in atmosphere..." with the n.W.o way... 

Opening the tackle box, opening the silver sack in, the Vader 卿which it can be wrapped in the transparent sack, putting out you see when,

"? ! ? ! ? ! "  ???    ;D

t is different clearly, as for the helmet it has worn although,
Something メット cracking, the face looks! !  :o

With with the notion that where you say, all, "the ぉ! ! "  :o  :o  :o

The n.W.o way, about after comment, the ♪ which we ask may

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2005, 09:54 AM »
I'm surprised the chase vader isn't the carded one. I mean, aren't they just opening up themselves to fakes? It'd be pretty hard to fake the bubble though. I wouldn't droping big bucks on carded Vader until we see what the regular Vader is like close up. If it is exactly the same, it might not get as expensive as the other limited edition ones.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2005, 10:23 AM »
OK, I confess, I ordered a box. 

Question for youse guys though:  I was expecting the regular Vader to have a removable helmet.  It's a relatively easy thing to do with Kuby's and I figured Medicom often makes the extra effort so they probably would here. 

My point being this seems like a pretty uneventful chase figure if indeed it is Luke under Vader's mask.  It's cool and neat and all that stuff, but if the other Vader has an older face with a removable mask/helmet I'm probably not going to really bother with the chase piece on this.  It's way too easy to customize that with fairly minimal effort.  If I got it in my box, I'd keep it, of course, but I'm not about to pay $50 or more for it (probably more, given it's a Vader). 

In terms of speculation for the other chase figure, if it's a stormtrooper box, what could it be?  The most reasonable suggestion would probably be a Tie Fighter pilot.  I don't recall any variations on the stormtrooper in the vintage line and there really haven't been any in the modern line, aside from improved sculpts and articulation. 

The Emperor with cane/lightning bolts is a nifty little difference. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2005, 10:36 AM »
I'm surprised the chase vader isn't the carded one. I mean, aren't they just opening up themselves to fakes? It'd be pretty hard to fake the bubble though. I wouldn't droping big bucks on carded Vader until we see what the regular Vader is like close up. If it is exactly the same, it might not get as expensive as the other limited edition ones.

I agree 100% Simon. I'd sooner wait till we see better pictures of the carded and regular Vader, if there both the same then whats the point of the carded version.  :-\  I can see fakes of this coming out.

As for Stormtrooper variations, there are some in the vinty line but there minor. The Japanese Takara version has a different head sculpt plus it has a bolt in the back of the figure. Not a biggy.

If there is a chase version of the Stormtrooper, it could be a Luke or Han Stormtrooper or maybe a Clone Trooper... naw they wouldn't would they?  :-\

I think the Emperor comes with cane and lightning bolts. I can't see the cane but I do see the lightning bolts next to Han.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2005, 10:47 AM »
I could see the Han/Luke but how would they choose which to make as a stormtrooper?  Tough call and would leave them open to a lot of criticism.  They could resolve it in future by releasing the other, but there's a long wait in between series and the next announced series doesn't leave much potential for its inclusion, so we'd be looking at a year to get the next one :-\

The Takara might be an interesting variation.  The second variation, like the sandtrooper, is relatively minor, so a different helmet sculpt with a different weapon might well be enough.  It's not like the Sandtrooper variation is a big difference.  After all, I found I still had an orange pauldron lying around the office and decided since I only want loose figures I'd make myself a nice, inexpensive black pauldron sandtrooper.  3 minutes, some black Testor's and my sandtrooper Kubrick's are complete.  The only difference may be the weapon, as I don't know what came with the carded version.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2005, 10:57 AM »
If they were to keep following the vinty line, the Luke Stormtrooper would be the best bet as it was released on a POTF card. Han we never saw till I think it was the Froot Loop thingy.

As for your Sandtrooper, the carded version is the same as the white chase. The orange pauldron has an ammo pack on the one shoulder were the white pauldron does not. Also the backpacks are different between the two. The carded version has the same backpack as the white chase.

As for the weapon for the carded version, it's the long rifle which comes with the white chase and the regular has 2 weapons, short blaster and long rifle.  ;)