Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199075 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #705 on: July 21, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Well, I did get a refund of $60 from the guy on Sunday (which I passed along to those who bought from me, it worked out to $15 off each box) and according to an e-mail I got today, the guy is going to send me his chase Luke Vader tomorrow.

Cool.  I wasn't going to mention the paltry $60 refund, but now that you're (hopefully) getting the Vader chase, I feel a little less hatred toward the fella now.  With the chase pieces dropping a lot now, I think Simon's $120 amount is more reasonable (than mine), and that's close to what you've got now if you get the Vader chase too, so that's cool.

Meanwhile, I continue to be patient, waiting for the right time to strike!  :P

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #706 on: July 21, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Production numbers up so chase value is down?

I don't think so.  Personally I think that no one messed around with getting this series.  Meaning what product there was to go around was all bought up at once.  Because of this the market is kind of flooded right now.  With series 3 for example, you could still get a case of 12 many weeks after the release date.  Not so with series 4.  I think in a months time chases will start drying up considerably on ebay. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #707 on: July 21, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Production numbers up so chase value is down?

I don't think so.  Personally I think that no one messed around with getting this series.  Meaning what product there was to go around was all bought up at once.  Because of this the market is kind of flooded right now.  With series 3 for example, you could still get a case of 12 many weeks after the release date.  Not so with series 4.  I think in a months time chases will start drying up considerably on ebay. 

I have to agree with this one, i think like much like the early series, they will eventually pop up once and a while, but no longer be regulars on ebay.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #708 on: July 22, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Actually, I think production numbers might be way up on this series. Demand has been growing for the Star Wars line and since production is based on pre-orders by retails it stands to reason that there was ordered and therefore produced than for past Series. For that reason there might be alot more chases around, as Brent suggested. That is unless Medicom capped the prodution numbers, which would not be beyond then.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #709 on: July 22, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Actually, I think production numbers might be way up on this series. Demand has been growing for the Star Wars line and since production is based on pre-orders by retails it stands to reason that there was ordered and therefore produced than for past Series. For that reason there might be alot more chases around, as Brent suggested. That is unless Medicom capped the prodution numbers, which would not be beyond then.
I saw quite a few websites that cut off ordering after awhile, so maybe
Medicom told them they were up to their limit or something.
Adam

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #710 on: July 22, 2005, 12:58 PM »
To all:

I posted this in the feedback seciton but figure this would be better directed here so it does not get overlooked.

Thoughts?

JediDefender.com (imo) has the best thread talking about Star Wars Kubricks hands down on the internet.  I know in the past JediMac posted all of the series figures with chases and pictures. 

Can someone post an updated version in the other collectibles thread,  lock the thread, and make it a sticky as a reference point?

Same with other Medicom offerings? 

I am trying to find images of the new chase Vader and an image of the 1st and 2nd Vinyl Fetts.  Time consuming to say the least.

Please don't bash me with see what a little searching can do etc.  This is a feedback thread and something like this would benefit all Star Wars Medicom / Kubrick Collectors that come across this site.

Thank you for considering.

DBK 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #711 on: July 22, 2005, 01:49 PM »
Can someone post an updated version in the other collectibles thread,  lock the thread, and make it a sticky as a reference point?

I hope you like my answer in the feedback section...  ;)

JediDefender Kubrick Image Database - Still Under Construction

I am trying to find images of the new chase Vader and an image of the 1st and 2nd Vinyl Fetts.  Time consuming to say the least.

And Vinyl Fetts are here:

#1:

#2:
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #712 on: July 22, 2005, 01:51 PM »
I'd bash you happily, but only if the search feature here worked worth a tinker's damn :P ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #713 on: July 22, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Jeff:

Thank you for the feedback, that's great news that things are in the works.  I recently bought a Canon 350 digital slr and will have a macro lens and tripod delivered by next Tuesday.  This camera can take incredible pictures.   

I would like to volunteer to take pictures of the following for your archive:

Early Bird Set
Series 1
Series 2
Series 3
Series 4
Chase Stormtrooper
Chase Logray
Chase Jawa
Chase Indiana Jones
Chase Band Member
Chase Han Stormtooper
Toys 'R' Us Exclusive Set
Luke & Leia Speeder Bike Set
Luke Carded
Leia Carded

PM me if you would like to take me up on the offer.  We should come up with a uniform style and background color so that the archives pictures contents flow.

Best regards,

DBK

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #714 on: July 23, 2005, 04:46 AM »
Just got a fat package of Kubrick swag from Dan, and thanks to him I finally managed to polish off my bootleg collection (with his Death Star Escape, Boba Fett tin & Speederbike tin).

Also started down the very dark path of going "boxed" and "loose" too, with an opener set of the regular Speederbike (w/ Luke & Leia) and the TRU boxset.  That Max Rebo Band set ain't gonna be fun to grab an extra of though...

Lastly, I got his custom Black Pauldroned Sandtrooper, to keep me from stupidly dropping $300 on an opener one of those!  :P

Unfortunately, Dale beat me to Dan's loose Holo Leia, even though he doesn't even open his stinkin' figures!  Bastard.  >:(

All in all, a nice pile of Kubrick loot.  I feel a little better about not having secured Series 4 yet now (and the damned Series 3 chases either).  So thanks for helping out a fellow collector Dan.  I owe ya' one bud!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #715 on: July 23, 2005, 04:56 AM »
Unfortunately, Dale beat me to Dan's loose Holo Leia, even though he doesn't even open his stinkin' figures!  Bastard.  >:(

Maybe not the carded and boxed ones but the others I do. Bitch!  :P   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #716 on: July 23, 2005, 04:59 AM »

Maybe not the carded and boxed ones but the others I do. Bitch!  :P   :-*

Well, no duh.  I know that much, you doof!  :P  But Holo Leia would be a carded figure, now wouldn't it...?!  ::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 05:01 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #717 on: July 23, 2005, 05:04 AM »
Yes, Holo Leia is a carded figure, I just don't go out and buy one carded to open it   :P

Oh, and those bootlegs don't count as a real Kuby's. Just not the same.

Edit posting dork!  ::)   :P   :-* 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #718 on: July 23, 2005, 05:13 AM »
Huh?!?  ???

As for the bootlegs, no **** they're not official, or "real".  :P  But they're cool nonetheless, and as bootlegs, are pretty unique I think.  Not to mention that they're what technically lead to the origin of the Kubrick fanaticism here at JD...  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #719 on: July 23, 2005, 05:16 AM »
Hey Matt, what are you missing thus far in your Kuby collection besides the new series?

I have the tin Boba but thats as far as I go. They just don't seem to to any for me.