Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 197038 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #765 on: July 25, 2005, 02:33 PM »
I'd love to answer the question on the Han head Matt but as I don't have the Han chase, I definitely can't.  I was going to use the Han head from series 2.  To be honest, I'd be really happy if there was a significant difference that makes it hard to fake.  I'm not at all opposed to picking up the chase figures but I do want to open them and don't want the hassle of "proving" it's a real figure.  If there's going to be some doubt and the fakes are sufficiently close, well I'll just save the money and avoid the hassle by doing my own fakes/customs.

As yujun says, it's difficult to find a Luke head to spare though.  Only one per box with this assortment so maybe there won't be Luke fakes in abundance since people have to break up complete sets to get that head.  I can't see people using heads from an early bird set :P  But those darn Han heads are a dime a dozen :-\

On the brighter side my Vader chase showed up as well.  I paid about the same as you Matt but got mine for $79 BIN with the $8 shipping.  I've seen some cheaper but I think that's a price we won't be disappointed with in the long run. 

Had I been online when (Adam?) posted the Dr. Tongue Luke's I probably would have ordered one.  No big deal really though since I might have splurged on other Kubrick's last night anyway ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #766 on: July 25, 2005, 02:44 PM »
The Han Stormtrooper has a paler face than the Han from series 2.  Although similar you can tell a difference. 

Thanks to OlBenKenobi, I completed my series 4 set today.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 02:49 PM by Padawan »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #767 on: July 25, 2005, 02:57 PM »
I bit the bullet and picked up a Stormtrooper Luke off eBay.   :-\

With that purchase and the make-up Vader Chase that is in the mail, I just need to track down a good deal on a Stormtrooper Han Figure.

Anyone have an extra?  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #768 on: July 25, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Glad to hear there are differences.  Any thoughts on the Luke?  Could you swap out a head for it?

Thanks to OlBenKenobi, I completed my series 4 set today. ;D
>:( ;)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #769 on: July 25, 2005, 04:51 PM »
My Luke Trooper came in the mail today, so got this series all wrapped up  ;D

I got a few of the Tomy SW Diorama things that come with candy/gum too,
they are pretty cool. Not kubrick cool, mind you, but still pretty cool.

Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #770 on: July 25, 2005, 05:11 PM »
I have all three full sets of the Tomy mini-dioramas.  I really like those things and they're pretty cheap too.  Boxes contain two full sets.  Just waiting to see the next series (4) and expecting it to be an ROTS series, though I much prefer the OT stuff.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #771 on: July 25, 2005, 05:58 PM »
I have all three full sets of the Tomy mini-dioramas.  I really like those things and they're pretty cheap too.  Boxes contain two full sets.  Just waiting to see the next series (4) and expecting it to be an ROTS series, though I much prefer the OT stuff.

I don`t know what series this is, 3 maybe? I never got any before, but HLJ had an ok deal on a box of 10 of them. There is 7 in this series, so I guess we won`t get 2 full sets. It has Yoda, Falcon, AT AT, Xwing a few others.
What are the other series?
Adam

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #772 on: July 25, 2005, 07:47 PM »
:'(

My luck continues to suck the big one. 

****!   :'(

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #773 on: July 25, 2005, 08:58 PM »
So I finally got my Logray today from that muthaf**ker Madsontoys-or-whatever.  And upon super close inspection (comparing with the one at kubism.net), I'm pretty sure it's a fake.  But man, thank god for you guys.  I don't think I'd ever have figured it out.

You guys know if this guy really gives money back?  I'm gonna start hounding him...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #774 on: July 25, 2005, 09:04 PM »
I'm sure yujun said he got his money back.

Can you take some pictures of this Kuby? I would like to see what is going on with these fakes.  :-\

Offline nilito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #775 on: July 25, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Sure.  I'll tell ya, it's really hard to tell.  Give me a bit of time to take the pic.
:)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #776 on: July 25, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Sounds great.   :)

I've quoted yujun's past posts to see if you have any similarities between yours and what he was seeing with his Logray. Saves a trip back through this thread. ;)

after getting the package, i opened immediately and compared to my 'original' logray..

first, the baggie was different and i noticed it was was re-sealed.. the bag was very new and clear.. whiich is unlike medicom.. then i realised there was no box but that was already mentioned in the auction..

then i look at the weapon.. it was different from the original one.. this one,, the handle was slightly thicker than the normal one.. plus the 'feather' colors were different..

then.. i compared the colors.. this one was paint'brushed.. but i must say it looks exactly the same..

u wont notice unless u see it..

the white cap on the head is paint brushed.. the color is differnt from the original one.. and its still rough.. and the kubrick is slightly larger than the normal one.. i guess because it was mould from the original piece..

the colors of the feather on the weapon are different.. hard to tell from the pics but if i can point out to u the differences face to face, u'll be convinced..

i dun think a casual collector will know.. its quite well done.. u wont know unless u're very experienced.. 

i realised it was a fake cause of the legs.. normal ones has ball joints while the fake ones dun.. so when u move one side, the other will move too...

and the paint job.. its quite hard to tell though unless u compare the real and the fake one..

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #777 on: July 25, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Greeting Everyone.

I received my box today from HLJ and would like to report my weird placement.

First....

Using Padawan/Minifig/Jon's diagram

1. Vader
2. Luke/Vader  ;D
3. Vader
4. Stormtrooper
5. Stormtrooper
6. Vader
7. Stormtrooper
8. Stormtrooper
9. Emperor
10. Nien Nunb
11. Hoth Han
12. Bespin Luke

Very weird huh? When I saw the placement of the Kubricks I was a bit dissapointed, and when I opened the Second Vader I saw the back of Vader's head wasn't scarred and I turned it and I just had to post.  So I'm off to finish opening the rest.  Morgbug sorry to hear about your box.  :(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #778 on: July 26, 2005, 12:07 AM »
Hey... hey. Big congrats on the Luke/Vader and on a single box too.   :o   8)

So is the 2rd or 3rd different placement of the Luke/Vader? Plus Simon had a different placement with the 2 regular boxes. Strange.

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #779 on: July 26, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Hey... hey. Big congrats on the Luke/Vader and on a single box too.   :o   8)

So is the 2rd or 3rd different placement of the Luke/Vader? Plus Simon had a different placement with the 2 regular boxes. Strange.
Thanks DSJ!
This place was the same as Simon's placement for the boxes that didn't have any chases.  I'm 2 for 2 with HLJ.  I hope to continue the streak with Series 5.