Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 198719 times)

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #825 on: July 28, 2005, 11:15 AM »
i say u jst enjoy the set..   :) dun think abt the price since u already got it..

as for the price, i think its a gd deal.. price is ard that too over here..

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #826 on: July 28, 2005, 05:23 PM »
I re-did my kubrick shelf a bit the other day, and seeing the pics here today
inspired me to post some pics.

To see some more:
http://www.imatoygeek.com/galleries/ajm.html

Yes, my cat is bigger than a dewback! lol  ;D

Adam

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #827 on: July 28, 2005, 05:39 PM »
Just a question, even if people are able to make a good custom of the Han and Luke Stormie where will they get the helmet from.

If you pop a head of the stormtrooper is it hollow and does it come off with no damage?

DBK

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #828 on: July 28, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Just a question, even if people are able to make a good custom of the Han and Luke Stormie where will they get the helmet from.

If you pop a head of the stormtrooper is it hollow and does it come off with no damage?

DBK

You can take the stormie head off and get his head out of the helmet.
Over at KW, they are talking about this now. Someone popped the head off,
put it in boiling water for a half a minute, and the blank head in the helmet
popped right out.
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #829 on: July 28, 2005, 06:42 PM »
This whole damned custom/fake issue is really starting to make me nervous, especially since I usually play it patient and get those things later on, and not when they first hit (which unfortunately gives these crackpots more time to fake their wares).  I really wish Medicom would start adding a slight detail to the chase figures that makes them unique from any others figures (like for the Luke/Han Stormies), so the fakes aren't so damned easy to create.  :-\

Great pix there Adam (and Jesse).  I hadn't realized the extent of how huge this collection has gotten of late.  Crazy!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:43 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #830 on: July 28, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Great pix Adam!
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #831 on: July 29, 2005, 01:03 AM »
http://www.ningyoushi.com/category/kubrick

Ningyoushi has Han and Luke Stormie for sale, 65 each.
Vader is a 100 (bit pricey)

I have used them a number of times and everything went well. US based, so shipping is not bad.
Adam

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #832 on: July 29, 2005, 01:07 AM »
Is anyone taking preorders for series 5 yet?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Series 5
« Reply #833 on: July 29, 2005, 01:41 AM »
I did a search on some of these, but can anybody give me any information about these bootleg Kubrick figures:

There's also a clone 5-pack and ANH, ESB, and ROTJ sets that I've found on eBay.  Are these worth getting?  I'm not that hardcore into collecting Kubricks, but I have some of the "cooler" ones (Fett, Stormie, Vader, etc) and I would definitely like to add a Scout Trooper to my list.  Any thoughts on these bootlegs?

Also, I was thinking about carding all of my Kubricks (like vintage cards), does anybody have any idea what I could use for a bubble?  I've heard matchbox bubbles are about the right size, but I checked at my Target and they didn't look right.... :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #834 on: July 29, 2005, 01:49 AM »
I did a search on some of these, but can anybody give me any information about these bootleg Kubrick figures:

There's also a clone 5-pack and ANH, ESB, and ROTJ sets that I've found on eBay.  Are these worth getting?  I'm not that hardcore into collecting Kubricks, but I have some of the "cooler" ones (Fett, Stormie, Vader, etc) and I would definitely like to add a Scout Trooper to my list.  Any thoughts on these bootlegs?

Also, I was thinking about carding all of my Kubricks (like vintage cards), does anybody have any idea what I could use for a bubble?  I've heard matchbox bubbles are about the right size, but I checked at my Target and they didn't look right.... :-\

That biker scout is a bootleg made by Kamiru.
Kamiru also made the ESB, ROTJ, ANH, Deathstar Escape, EP1 & clone trooper pack.
Quality is lower than on kubricks. I got the clone trooper set and biker set for
about 10 bucks each. I passed on the others, as they look pretty bad (I`ve seen
them in person, my buddy had them)
They are all pretty neat and sell between 10-20 bucks each on eBay.

Bikeridertony does great carded customs, look in his thread here, its a few below this one. He might be able to help you out on the bubbles.
Adam

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Series 5
« Reply #835 on: July 29, 2005, 02:09 AM »
Thanks for the information!  I think I might pick up that Biker Scout...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #836 on: July 29, 2005, 02:13 AM »
Adam, great pics and a very nice collection.   :)

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #837 on: July 29, 2005, 03:21 AM »
This whole damned custom/fake issue is really starting to make me nervous, especially since I usually play it patient and get those things later on, and not when they first hit (which unfortunately gives these crackpots more time to fake their wares).  I really wish Medicom would start adding a slight detail to the chase figures that makes them unique from any others figures (like for the Luke/Han Stormies), so the fakes aren't so damned easy to create.  :-\

yeah.. hopefully none of them reading our posts are thinking of doing customs and re-sealing them in bags and sell them..

BTW, great pics Adam... i feel inspired too!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 03:22 AM by yujun »

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #838 on: July 29, 2005, 03:39 AM »
i seeing simon listing a lot of SW kubricks on ebay..

are u sellig ur collection??

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #839 on: July 29, 2005, 03:54 AM »
I did a search on some of these, but can anybody give me any information about these bootleg Kubrick figures...

Adam already covered the basics on these, and pointed out that you missed the Death Star Escape set (Chewie in chains & Luke and Han Stormies), in addition to the regular 3 sets.  There's also a Boba Fett in a round tin, a Carbonite Han Solo (sold individually), and then a couple random prequel sets, including the Clones, and I think theres a set with a Maul/Qui/Obi?, if I recall correctly.

These all came out prior to the official Kubrick line being announced, so they're lower quality obviously (as bootlegs usually are), but they're also kinda cool and unique.  I just finished off my bootlegs collection (OT only) last week, nabbing the Speeder Bike for $13.50, and the Death Star Escape for $19.38.  That one usually goes a bit higher than the other 3 boxed sets, which can be had for a cheap $10 each, or so.  If you're patient, you can find some good prices on them on eBay.  Good luck!

Also, I was thinking about carding all of my Kubricks (like vintage cards), does anybody have any idea what I could use for a bubble?

Yeah, you definitely have to talk to Tony.  He's the master at the custom carded Kubricks, and does incredible work on them.  Not sure if he's willing to share his innermost secrets on them though, lest he get some competition out there on eBay for his wares...  ;)

i seeing simon listing a lot of SW kubricks on ebay..

are u sellig ur collection??

I highly doubt it.  Simon sells extra Kubricks from time to time.  He's got an online collecting shop I think, so he usually winds up with extras of things (when he's not hooking all of us up in here) and tosses 'em up on eBay.  Great seller, for sure!  8)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 03:58 AM by JediMAC »