Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199175 times)

Offline scaryandy

• Youngling
  • Real Scary!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1215 on: September 13, 2005, 04:06 PM »
He posted over on the KW forum a few days back . . . he's just selling off all his Kubricks to concentrate on collecting some kinda Manga busts or statues!

His entire collection was still in sealed packaging, a lot of it was still box fresh  ::)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1216 on: September 13, 2005, 04:33 PM »
He posted over on the KW forum a few days back . . . he's just selling off all his Kubricks to concentrate on collecting some kinda Manga busts or statues!

His entire collection was still in sealed packaging, a lot of it was still box fresh  ::)

That clears it up. Kinda figured it was something like that.
How the hell did I miss that post!?  :-X
Adam

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1217 on: September 16, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Do you guys know a good place to buy single kubs??  I have snaged a few on ebay, but its kind of slow. Not many choices, even in the eBay stores.

Also is there a place to preorder the next wave with yoda?
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1218 on: September 17, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Do you guys know a good place to buy single kubs??  I have snaged a few on ebay, but its kind of slow. Not many choices, even in the eBay stores.

Also is there a place to preorder the next wave with yoda?

Some figs you will find, some you won`t. Ones that come 1 per box are tough
to find.
Try going to www.kubrickworld.com and check the resources section, tons
of stores there.
www.ningyoushi.com does sell singles from time to time also.
www.toytokyo.com might have series 5 for preorder (they are in NY, so decent
shipping prices to US addy).
Or you could wait it out and see if someone here has an extra set (I probably will,
but not sure yet).

Adam

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #1219 on: September 17, 2005, 11:50 AM »
I have a bunch of extras, Series 1-4. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1220 on: September 19, 2005, 12:19 AM »
a bit quiet nowadays.. any news when the TRU set will be released?? or any star wars kubrick gonna be released next?  ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1221 on: September 19, 2005, 11:39 AM »
a bit quiet nowadays.. any news when the TRU set will be released?? or any star wars kubrick gonna be released next?  ::)

Hmmm... last I heard was 10-31 for Series 5 and then December for the next TRU Box set.  I haven't heard about them being delayed, so I think those are still the target dates.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1222 on: September 21, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I mentioned this in the other Kuby thread in the "Other Toy Lines" but I would also like to mention it here as the parcel is from RoBBy.jp.

My Cosmonaut Kubricks have arrived.  8)

This being my first official order received from RoBBy.jp, I did get dinged with customs on the full amount which was expected so I will get dinged with Series 5.

This was mentioned before that you get dinged with customs so just another heads up.  ;)

Offline kevbrick

• Youngling
  • SW Kuby's!!
    • View Profile
Send us your huddled Kuby's!!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1224 on: September 22, 2005, 08:14 AM »

This being my first official order received from RoBBy.jp, I did get dinged with customs on the full amount which was expected so I will get dinged with Series 5.

This was mentioned before that you get dinged with customs so just another heads up.  ;)

Not great news (paying customs), but I'm not really surprised.  I always end up paying customs when I bring stuff across the border from etailers.

On another note, I'm looking for Ewoks and Stormtroopers to create a Kubrick-style diorama, which I put in the Classifieds here.  Thanks to Jeff, Dale and Brent, I've got 3 Ewoks, but will need more for them to defeat a platoon of Stormtroopers (which I need more of too)!

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #1225 on: September 22, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Hi all,

Have been lurking for ages and thought i should show my face, as it were!

Great listening to all you other brickheads and your addiction!!  I am not alone!!

Just seen a few things go on ebay and wondered if the bubble has finally burst?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5999699309&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5999574266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5999573359&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5999573272&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5999573174&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
Hi Kevbrick. Welcome.

Yeah it's a bit slower than a couple of months ago. But then again, the Earlybirds only went for $95 2 years back and Series 1 has gone through the roof recently. Boxes of 12 S1's are selling for over $200 and single S1 Fetts for $40. The chase Fetts are going for anywhere from $150-300. It's going though an evening out process, that's for sure. I wonder how the guys who spent $500-600 on the Carded Fetts a couple of years back, feel now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1226 on: September 22, 2005, 10:31 AM »

Not great news (paying customs), but I'm not really surprised.  I always end up paying customs when I bring stuff across the border from etailers.

On another note, I'm looking for Ewoks and Stormtroopers to create a Kubrick-style diorama, which I put in the Classifieds here.  Thanks to Jeff, Dale and Brent, I've got 3 Ewoks, but will need more for them to defeat a platoon of Stormtroopers (which I need more of too)!

HLJ seems to mark the value a tad lower as compared to RoBBy.jp and HLJ will ship basically to anyone as RoBBy ships more to a business which might make a difference.

One thing I did notice is the shipment from RoBBy came faster than HLJ, 5 days to get here and it was by EMS.  8)

I'll check out what I have left on Ewoks and Stormie's Jesse, I should have some kicking around.  ;)

Welcome to JD Kevbrick, do you just collect SW Kuby's? 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1227 on: September 22, 2005, 03:29 PM »
... and single S1 Fetts for $40.

:o  Yowza.  $40 for just a regular Fett?  That's crazy. 

Offline kevbrick

• Youngling
  • SW Kuby's!!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1228 on: September 22, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.

Only collecting the SW bricks.

was only introduced to them a few months ago and have a fair few now.

Keep seeing other kuby lines i'd like when surfin but have to keep money in mind or will go overboard!!

Gonna concentrate on the SW ones.  Makes me feel like a kid again collected SW figs!!

Offline kevbrick

• Youngling
  • SW Kuby's!!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1229 on: September 22, 2005, 05:03 PM »