Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199150 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1380 on: November 13, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Ha! I saw those auctions earlier. An opening price, $35. US each and no envelope or stand! But you do get a display case with them. There was one auction for an Early Bird R2 and Chewy that ended for $54. for both, a bit of a better deal. 

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1381 on: November 13, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Maybe you guys can explain something to me.  Someone just put the early bird set loose on ebay. Seperate auctions for each one, give or take $45 dollars apiece w/ shipping. Somebody bid on them ???. And the same dude no less. So I do a search, and you can get an unopened sealed set for bin $160. And if you watch alot cheaper than that. Is it just me or is that really insane? I wish I had that kind of money to blow. ::)

Never, ever, ever try to explain eBay bidders. It just can`t be done!
Adam

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1382 on: November 13, 2005, 01:54 AM »
Some people just have to much money on their hands. There is an R5-D4 I was bidding on, and I put like $18.00, which is way to much, and someone still outbid me. >:(
So I just looked for a cheap bin Toys R Us set and bought all five for about $13 apiece shipped. I'll beat ebay stupidity one way or another.
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1383 on: November 13, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Hey guys,

I can't quite figure our why this gun looks to be with the standard figure in this auction?

DBK

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1384 on: November 13, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Some people just have to much money on their hands. There is an R5-D4 I was bidding on, and I put like $18.00, which is way to much, and someone still outbid me. >:(
So I just looked for a cheap bin Toys R Us set and bought all five for about $13 apiece shipped. I'll beat ebay stupidity one way or another.

Then sell off the kubs you don`t want from the set, and you might come out even or make
a buck or two  ;D  Can`t beat that!
Adam

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1385 on: November 13, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Hey guys,

I can't quite figure our why this gun looks to be with the standard figure in this auction?

DBK

It looks ok to me. Standard figure with standard gun, just a high price.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1386 on: November 13, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Hey guys,

DBK

I see what you mean Matt, that's the gun that comes with the Fett with two red gauntlets.   CLick here to see all three figures, absurdly priced, I might add.  But you can see the pistol clearly is packed with the chase fett, not the regular. 

The other thing that looks weird to me in that auction is that the butt/handle of the pistol looks brown.  It might just be the light, but I have my chase Fett here beside me and the gun is clearly all black. 

Unless some of the regular Kubrick's were packed with different guns?  Maybe it's another HK/Japan difference?  That might explain why it's sitting at $41 USD right now.  An error weapon pack in?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1387 on: November 13, 2005, 03:33 PM »
if you look real close in that picture you can see the rest of the handle on the gun. it is the right one, the stock just kind of blends in with the box behind it. at first i agreed with it being the wrong gun, but the more i looked at it the more the stock is there it just is hard to see.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1388 on: November 13, 2005, 03:35 PM »
crap! the more i look at it the more i can't tell, i'm tempted to write and ask him what gun it is.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1389 on: November 13, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I saved the picture and enlarged the gun up a bit so we can get a better look.

It's the standard gun, it almost looks as if the stock of the gun is missing (broken off). The light brown area where the stock should be looks like the cape that is on the cover of the box. Also notice the color of the handle, the gun in the auction is brown and the ROTJ Version is black plus the difference in the barrels and the placement of the scope. There's no doubt in my mind that is a standard gun.

Here are some pics from Kubism for reference on the gun.

Standard Boba Fett Guns (green gauntlets).

Boba Fett Chase ROTJ Version (red gauntlets).

Boba Fett Prototype Version (red/yellow gauntlets).

Box Cover Art.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1390 on: November 13, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I just noticed 3 auctions up for Series 5 from the same seller, 1 with the for Master Case for $500., unopened box of 12 for $120. and a full set including chases for $300.

Tho no actual pictures as this has not been released thus far and the seller is auctioning them off by quantities.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1391 on: November 13, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Thanks Dale.

DBK

I saved the picture and enlarged the gun up a bit so we can get a better look.

It's the standard gun, it almost looks as if the stock of the gun is missing (broken off). The light brown area where the stock should be looks like the cape that is on the cover of the box. Also notice the color of the handle, the gun in the auction is brown and the ROTJ Version is black plus the difference in the barrels and the placement of the scope. There's no doubt in my mind that is a standard gun.

Here are some pics from Kubism for reference on the gun.

Standard Boba Fett Guns (green gauntlets).

Boba Fett Chase ROTJ Version (red gauntlets).

Boba Fett Prototype Version (red/yellow gauntlets).

Box Cover Art.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1392 on: November 15, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Simon has an opener Rebo set up that's a big bargain  Ok, it's still over $100 but it's a great deal if you're less concerned with the packaging.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1393 on: November 15, 2005, 07:51 PM »
Brent,

Thanks, I'm bidding on the other set on ebaY now with a crease as well.  I hope I get it for around $100 (fingers crossed).  Only $8.00 shipping in the U.S. 

DBK

Simon has an opener Rebo set up that's a big bargain  Ok, it's still over $100 but it's a great deal if you're less concerned with the packaging.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 11:09 PM by DaBigKahuna »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1394 on: November 17, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Still nada on ebay for series 5.

Honorius has a Droids R2 for $80 BIN

Not great, but not bad either.  They've pretty much settled out to that price, IMO.