Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 197020 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1695 on: November 30, 2005, 02:01 AM »
Barada also came with that force pike, so maybe a ROTJ assortment with
skiff guards is in the works  ;D

Ahh, nope. Barada never came with that pike.

Skiff Guard Battle Staff for Barada, Nikto and Yak Face.

Star Wars Action Figures Weapons Guide

Barada POTF

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1696 on: November 30, 2005, 06:32 AM »
wow. i want a blue snag too...    :-[

ur carton number seems very big.. maybe the later productions contain the blue snag..

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #1697 on: November 30, 2005, 06:53 AM »
Instinctoy has now sold 15 Blue Snags and 2 Walrusmen over here (Yes and I picked up one of them :P). The wholesalers seemed to have been stacked in one chase figure or the other.

Nice one Jon on the Bluey.

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1698 on: November 30, 2005, 08:17 AM »
hey simon,

how much are the blue snaggletooths going for in japan??

i gues they're all gone by now right?  :-[

YJ

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1699 on: November 30, 2005, 10:05 AM »
See, I told myself not to visit this thread again because it just makes me yearn (yes, yearn) for these things. After getting the regulars from series 1 and 2 and a couple of series 3, I just couldn't afford 'em anymore. And now I've gone and seen that Blue Snag. This stuff is like crack.  :P At this point, I think my craving might be only subdued by a Stormie (which was my going to be my coup de grâce for my Kubrick collecting, but I never got one). But only subdued, because I'll inevitably visit this thread again.  ;)

Congrats on all those chases, guys!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1700 on: November 30, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Well, I'm casually late to the Series 5 coming out party here, but I caught myself up to speed on all the hoopla last night before I hit the sack (resulting in at least of couple of Kubrick dreams  :P).

First off, the chases:  Blue Snag was an absolute no-brainer, so it was good to see our pick confirmed on that one.  So what's the real difference in the heighths between the blue and the red versions, for those of you with both in hand?  That one pic in here was hard to tell since the angle was funny.

As for Walrusman and Endor Han, obviously cool characters and good choices for Kubrickdom, but did those two really have to be chase pieces?  I think my main gripe with these is that there's apparently no longer even any correlations between the chase figure and the box it comes in.  It's always been fun to try and guess at what's coming, and there's usually been a bit of sense behind it - but no more, I guess.  A Walrusman in a Death Star Gunner box?!  Han in a Luke box...?  I would've they rather stuck a Boussh in the Slave Leia box, or something that made a little more sense like that.  Though I also prefer the chase figures to not be main or all-new, unique characters that should otherwise be a regular figure in a new series.  But that's just me.  Cool series nonetheless.

So if the Endor Han is sitting as 2:48, that puts it about in the middle of the White Sandtrooper chase (4:48), and the Luke/Han Stormie chases (1:48), does it not?  Considering the Luke and Han Stormies have fallen into the $30's of late (at least the Luke has that I've noticed), and the White Sandtrooper sat around $16 on average for some time, I'd say the Endor Han (a rather boring character, mind you) should eventually settle in somewhere around the low to mid $20's once the dust settles, making the current prices in the mid/upper $30's quite a bit too high.  I don't even want to speculate on the other two though, since thinking about that damned Logray that's still missing from my collection gives me a massive migraine.

Anyway, I got my in-stock notice from HLJ a couple days ago, so my box of 12 should be here pretty soon (I got axed by Robby.jp, remember?)  Speaking of them, would you guys refresh my memory as to what those master cases from Robby cost, including shipping?  My HLJ box came out to $93 shipped, which I'm sure is quite a bit higher than the average price per box from Robby.  I was just curious by how much though...

I was hesitant to go in on anyones cases, since the consistent placing of the chase boxes last time, and to an extent this time, meant the good stuff would always get cherry picked by the master case's owner.  But hopefully they really are more mixed up this time, to give everyone a fairer shake.

BTW, if any of you Master Case recipients is looking to swap your extra Endor Han for a reasonable amount (like what I mentioned above), give me a holler and maybe we can work something out.  Thanks.

Happy Kubricking!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1701 on: November 30, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Barada also came with that force pike, so maybe a ROTJ assortment with
skiff guards is in the works  ;D

Ahh, nope. Barada never came with that pike.

Skiff Guard Battle Staff for Barada, Nikto and Yak Face.

Star Wars Action Figures Weapons Guide

Barada POTF

Oops! Correct you are. I have one here too and fudged that one  :-X
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1702 on: November 30, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Box of 12 from RoBby worked out to about $60 US. Add in the shipping and was
in the 70-75 dollar range.
This is based on rough calculations though, as my box came from RoBby with
5 RAH stormies in it as well as the MC.
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1703 on: November 30, 2005, 10:32 AM »
...with
5 RAH stormies in it...

Holy ****, Adam!  What do you need FIVE of those Stormies for?!  You selling three of them, or something?

Thanks for the pricing reminder though.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Series 5
« Reply #1704 on: November 30, 2005, 10:56 AM »
How many MC's did you have Tony? What was the different layout that you had for the figures?

I only got two master cases!  Here's the weird thing.  One of the Snaggletooths had been opened and sealed again.  That really worried me.  Then I scored a Blue Snaggle in another box.  I didn't really keep track of the layout after I started to sweat.  One of the cases (with Ponda Baba) was just as it was described earlier in the thread and the other (with Blue Snaggle) was totally different.   Hope that helps. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1705 on: November 30, 2005, 10:57 AM »
See, I told myself not to visit this thread again because it just makes me yearn (yes, yearn) for these things. After getting the regulars from series 1 and 2 and a couple of series 3, I just couldn't afford 'em anymore. And now I've gone and seen that Blue Snag. This stuff is like crack.   At this point, I think my craving might be only subdued by a Stormie (which was my going to be my coup de grâce for my Kubrick collecting, but I never got one). But only subdued, because I'll inevitably visit this thread again.

Congrats on all those chases, guys!

See, this is just how I've been with this line as well.  If I had the money, I'd be buying cases and collecting from the beginning like everyone else, but unfortunately I just can't afford to do that.  Maybe if I collected just Kubricks, I could.  I keep having myself talked into "not needing these", but then a new series is announced/revealed/released, and I visit this thread to see the purdy pictures, and the hook is right back.  For now I have myself convinced I'll just pick up some of the "main characters" along the way with some help from friends here at JD, when I know deep down I really want them all ;).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1706 on: November 30, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Well...

I had two eBay coupons burning a hole in my pocket - a $15 off paypal coupon (that expires TODAY) and a $25 eBay rewards certificate which gives me total $40 off a purchase if it's over $100.

Want to guess what I just did?   ::)

damn my lack of patience

$85 shipped and I'm done with series 5.

I just didn't feel like waiting to see where he will end up ... 
$30 like the series 4 Stormie Twins (1:48)?
$50 like the series 3 Vinyl Cape Jawa (1:96)?
$100 like the series 3 Logray (1:96)?
$150 like the series 1 Boba Fetts?

I figured, what the hell - I'll just split the difference and be done.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1707 on: November 30, 2005, 11:40 AM »
:) 85 sounds reasonable! since u already it. jst enjoy it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Series 5
« Reply #1708 on: November 30, 2005, 11:48 AM »
WOW! that was quick… :o
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1709 on: November 30, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Well...

I had two eBay coupons burning a hole in my pocket - a $15 off paypal coupon (that expires TODAY) and a $25 eBay rewards certificate which gives me total $40 off a purchase if it's over $100.

Want to guess what I just did?   ::)

damn my lack of patience

$85 shipped and I'm done with series 5.

I just didn't feel like waiting to see where he will end up ... 
$30 like the series 4 Stormie Twins (1:48)?
$50 like the series 3 Vinyl Cape Jawa (1:96)?
$100 like the series 3 Logray (1:96)?
$150 like the series 1 Boba Fetts?

I figured, what the hell - I'll just split the difference and be done.   :)

Nice!
I saw that up there today and have a 10% off coupon I thought about using,
but couldn`t pull the trigger yet.
Adam