Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 197027 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Series 5
« Reply #2055 on: January 11, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2056 on: January 11, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  So is it $5.99 for the box that holds 6?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #2057 on: January 11, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.  So is it $5.99 for the box that holds 6?

Yep.  And the "boxes of 6" interlock so you can have a set up like Jayson or Scott have shown in the photos...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #2058 on: January 11, 2006, 11:40 PM »
Picked up the rest of the gang from Jeff tonight, I believe all I am missing is the 3rd Sandtrooper, Droids R2*, Holo Leia*, Blonde Luke* and the 2 Fett Variants

I do have R2, Leia and Luke carded, just haven't opened them.  Fetts and Sandtrooper I'll probably never have nor want so its no big whoop.  Bring on Series 6!!

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #2060 on: January 12, 2006, 02:08 AM »
Yeah, breathtaking display there, StealthTank!  Those Kuby cases may be on the more expensive side as far as display options, but after seeing your setup there, I'd say they're well worth it.  8)  I see you even cracked open the carded Sandtrooper...  Yikes!  I got a real nice spot-on match of a custom for that one, since I'm having a hard enough time convincing myself to pursue a MOMC version for the carded collection.  Anyway, great stuff there.  Looking forward to seeing Mount Kubrick growing even larger...

I'm sure I've asked this before (of Scott, and anyone else with the Johnny Lightning cases, but are those still sold in TRU stores (or any other stores), or are they just available online now?  Also, do all the Kubricks fit in those things?  Looks like the Carbonite Block is at an angle, but that's about it, right?  Vader and IG-88 still stand upright in them?

Great deal on an opener!

Eh, I don't think $50 really qualifies as a "great deal" if you're just looking for a loose piece of blonde hair to have an opener Luke...  Something below $40, perhaps.  Don't think there's too many folks really looking for that Luke as a loose figure though (granted, I've pondered whether I'd want to myself someday).

But why do you say for an "opener", Tony?  Wouldn't that be a good price for someone looking for a carded one?  That'd make a little more sense to me actually, since I don't see anything in the auction description or photos that suggests it's anything less than a nice mint card...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 02:35 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2061 on: January 12, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Scott, are all your JL cases connected to each other?  I tried doing that with mine and it became too combersome to put on the wall when they were all attached together.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2062 on: January 12, 2006, 11:04 AM »
I would also like to know more about the JL cases.  Like JediMAC asked, are these still sold in most TRU stores?  Are they available online anywhere?  I followed the e-tailer link from the JL website and typed in "Johnny Lightning Showcase", but didn't find the set of 6 that was pointed out.  Does anyone know where I can buy these, online or otherwise? 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #2063 on: January 12, 2006, 11:12 AM »
Mikey...I put the two sets of 6 together separately and then attached the top one to the wall.  I then slid the 2nd set below on the grooves and then screwed that one to the wall.

Zodach...the majority of the cases I had I bought through Johnny Lightning direct 2 years ago.  However, they no longer sell them.  I think Jeff posted a link a few pages ago with a store selling them

I was able to get them at TRU last week for $6 a piece, so I'd check there first and then head on-line (or eBay)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2064 on: January 13, 2006, 10:10 AM »
I went to TRU Maplewood Minesota, and they did have about 20 of the Johnny Lightning cases after I took 6. They were 5.99 each.
Those are some impressive displays guys, not to mention collections. I find myself sinking deeper into the Kubrick vortex...

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2065 on: January 13, 2006, 10:17 AM »
I find myself sinking deeper into the Kubrick vortex...

I feel the same way and I only started collecting 2 weeks ago...

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2066 on: January 16, 2006, 03:58 AM »
I just finished series 5 with the purchase of Ponda. Bring on series 6! :D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2067 on: January 17, 2006, 06:59 PM »
Within the last few days I received 8/9th (would had them all if my dumb ass didn't forget to sign the money order for Walrusman ::)) of series 5 and the Indy chase I won off of ebay recently.  Luckily, I found some more JL cases, as I think I only had room for this series with my current display.  Need to do some reorganizing, but I'll have updated pics shortly.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2068 on: January 17, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Long time no post...I hope you guys are enjoying Kubrick collecting.  I have been buy playing my Xbox 360 ;D.

At any rate I just received the TRU2 Set from rupinthe3.  Purchased on a Friday, mailed Saturday and received Tuesday.  Man that was quick, packaging and communication 1st rate all the way.  Nice additions to the collection.

I should have my 400% Luke, 400% Han and box of series 5 in a week from HLJ.  I'll post some updated pictures then.

BTW, thanks for sharing pictures of your collections fellas, looking good.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #2069 on: January 17, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Within the last few days I received 8/9th (would had them all if my dumb ass didn't forget to sign the money order for Walrusman ::)) of series 5 and the Indy chase I won off of ebay recently.  Luckily, I found some more JL cases, as I think I only had room for this series with my current display.  Need to do some reorganizing, but I'll have updated pics shortly.

That's funny, you have a habit of not signing them.  You sent me an unsigned one about halfway through last year :P  The bank cashed it anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.