Author Topic: Series 4  (Read 60974 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Nice one Brent.  Is that your first carded opener so far?  I've only gotten one opener myself (the Droids R2), so I'm woefully behind on those.  But I sure as **** ain't opening any of my carded ones though!  ;)

Yup, that's the first.  I still want the R2 >:( but haven't found something at a suitable price.  I was watching This Luke carded but his price just doubled in the last couple of minutes and there's still an hour to go ::)  I think I can live without the Luke anyway.  

My want list for now is like this:
Droids R2 - loose or opener
Leia holo - loose or opener
Boba Fett series 1 chase (both)
Rebo Band
Series 4 complete.

So lots left to find anyway.  But I'm happy with that Droids Boba for that price, a couple have gone for more on the card, as would be expected, so finding that loose for half the price is cool:

Droids Boba 1

Droids Boba 2

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 02:19 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Although my reply is a little late on this, that next series really looks spiffy.  Like I've said before, I really need to stay away from this thread.  Every time I come in here and read everyone's comments, and see your collections, it just gets so tempting to jump into this.  And, the longer I wait, the further behind I am.  Maybe with the ROTS stuff slowing down a bit, I can try to figure out a way to afford some of this stuff.  I'd likely have to start with the more common stuff and stay away from the "big money" sets/figures for now, but I'd really like to find out a way to do it.  It would be easier if I was already caught up on vintage figures and didn't have to try to split any extra collecting bucks both ways ;).  Either that, or I should give up another line to free up some extra money.  I don't know what it is about these, but the Kubrick line just seems so cool.  I guess the OT focus, and the amount of figures put out in a year reminds me of the vintage days for some reason.  Good stuff, I'm quite envious of everyone's collections on here.  Very nice.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Wow, Brian, I couldn't have worded that better myself.  Your pain do I feel.   ;)

Um, Jeff, you still looking for someone to go in on your master case?   :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 4
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2005, 03:12 PM »
...but eventually I'd like a carded set and a loose set for the "new" ones - Holo Leia, Droids R2, Droids Fett.  I can pass on an opener Luke, Fett, and Sandy since those are so close to the regular figures.

Yep, that's my exact plan too.  I'll roll with the carded ones for starters, and hope to get lucky on a crappy opener of a couple more of those eventually.

But Jeff, what about the boxed stuff (Max Rebo band, Speederbike, TRU 5-pack)?  You trying to go with both of those too?  I'd like too, and again, I'm starting with just the boxed ones at this point.  I haven't opened them yet, but I think I may soon, since I think it's just a piece of tape on there, and I can "re-package" them if I want to enjoy them in their original packaged state again as well.  But ideally, I'd like to have them displayed both ways together.  $Painful$

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 4
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2005, 03:18 PM »
But Jeff, what about the boxed stuff (Max Rebo band, Speederbike, TRU 5-pack)?  You trying to go with both of those too? 

I thought about both boxed and loose, but like you said it's pretty easy to repackage them if you want, so I opened all my boxed stuff (EB, Speederbike, TRU, Rebo).

I have all the packaging saved in case I ever want to re-box them and display them that way (when I run out of room in my cases perhaps), but for now they are all loose.   ;)

Jeff

ps.

Is anyone out there truly "hardcore" about completism in this line? 

What I mean is, is there anyone that does have all the Series 1, 2, and 3 figures both loose and boxed?  After all, it'd be really tricky to have a "MIMB" chase figure, but with an x-ray machine or by pulling them from a master case it would be do-able I guess.   :P

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 03:21 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2005, 03:46 PM »

Is anyone out there truly "hardcore" about completism in this line? 

What I mean is, is there anyone that does have all the Series 1, 2, and 3 figures both loose and boxed?  After all, it'd be really tricky to have a "MIMB" chase figure, but with an x-ray machine or by pulling them from a master case it would be do-able I guess.   :P

Nope, not going for all carded, boxed and loose. That would cost a fortune me thinks.  :-\

We talked about the x-ray machine thingy back in series 1, I think we tossed that right out the window.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2005, 08:03 AM »
My updated collection.  As you can see, I have just enough room for series 4 (no chases) once I move Kermit.  Time to go buy more JL cases.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Those Kuby's look pretty cool stacked up there like that, very nice Mikey.

I have been thinking about getting a custom case for my 400% Boba but me thinks thats going to cost a few bucks. I'll have to get ahold of Oscar and get an estimate.  :-\

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 4
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2005, 11:55 AM »
My updated collection.  As you can see, I have just enough room for series 4 (no chases) once I move Kermit.  Time to go buy more JL cases.

Sharp indeed. Nice idea.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2005, 12:18 PM »
Credit goes to Jeff for the idea of using the JL cases.  Great idea indeed.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 4
« Reply #355 on: June 13, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Credit goes to Jeff for the idea of using the JL cases.  Great idea indeed.
Wait...I told Jeff about those cases >:(  Credit goes to me!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #356 on: June 13, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Fine, credit goes to Scott.

Although I don't recall seeing your Kubricks in them.  I'm a visual kind of guy, you know.  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2005, 07:14 AM »
Ah, but that was before you sent me some for Xmas and started me down the dark path  :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Series 4
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Been reading over at Kubrickworld the reason for the delay on series 4 is that the ROTS movie is being released in July in Japan. Looks like there the last to get the flick, July 9th.

A few more weeks gang.  :)