Author Topic: Series 8  (Read 145201 times)

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
Re: Series 8
« Reply #585 on: May 7, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Our Master Cases have arrived...

There is much debate amongst I am Sith and myself as to whether we should open them now, here at work or tonight at his home.

I say wait for B N B.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 7, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Terrible news Evenflow.  I hope you're able to resolve this.  I can't begin to imagine how mad I would be if I were in your shoes.  Good luck.

Well... I now know how you feel...  BrentS and I just got finished with our first (and last) Bricks n Beverages opening party...  BrentS was the recipient of a Jar Jar and Aurra Sing.  I was the recipient of a Jar Jar and three more boxes of common figures...  ****!

So, for those of us keeping score, it looks somthing like this:

Master Case #1 [Jeff] - Jar Jar, Aurra Sing
Master Case #2 [Scott] - Jar Jar, Aurra Sing
Master Case #3 [I Am Sith] - Jar Jar
Master Case #4 [BrentS] - Jar Jar, Aurra Sing
Master Case #5 [gorkoracing] - Jar Jar, Aurra Sing
Master Case #6 [rdm5777] - ?
Master Case #7 [SPLIT]:
  Box of 12 [Dan] - Opened but isn't saying yet.
  Box of 12 [Dan] - Opened but isn't saying yet.
  Box of 12 [Jayson] - ?
  Box of 12 [Jayson] - ?
Master Case #8 [SPLIT]:
  Box of 12 [Jon] - ?
  Box of 12 [Outkast34] - No Chases
  Box of 12 [skyward72] - No Chases
  Box of 12 (Brian G.) - Aurra Sing

So Aurra Sing is still the chase of choice, except for the fact that I wasn't given a choice...  And for the record, of the cases that Jeff sent us (left hand side of his shipment picture), BrentS took the box that was 'opened' and then taped to the sealed box, which was the one I got.  In looking at the sealed box, there is absolutely no evidence that it was tampered with at all.  So maybe the theory that the rare chases are in fact more rare this time around has more merit after our experience tonight...

Good luck Dan, Jayson and rdm5777...  I hope you guys at least get the shot at a rare chase!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 7, 2008, 11:30 PM »
wow sorry to hear that bro.  That's pretty crazy.  I doubt 2 cases with a fluke error like this would show up so quickly together.  I think the more rare theory may be correct

Offline rdm5777

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 7, 2008, 11:30 PM »
Oh man...I am Sith that royally sucks.  Are you going to try and contact Medicom?

My Kubricks should arrive tomorrow or Friday and I'm just anxious at this point.  The lack of chases in some of these cases has totally put a damper on my first mastercase purchase.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 7, 2008, 11:47 PM »
Yikes, that hurts. Sorry man.  :-\

I really don't think that Medicom will do anything on this.  :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 8, 2008, 12:03 AM »

Neither do I.  I don't plan on contacting them at all.  Honestly there's no point.  I seriously think that they are f-ing with the cases.  BrentS and I had almost the identical Box #4 with the exception of the row that had Aurra...

His was: 3PO (Aurra), Amidala, Darth Maul
Mine was : Darth Maul, Amidala, 3PO

Everything else about that box was identical.  The arrangment of Box #3 was different though between the two of us...

His was:
Battle Droid, Darth Maul, Qui-Gon
Darth Maul, Darth Maul, Battle Droid
Qui-Gon, Amidala, Anakin
Jar Jar, 3PO, 3PO

Mine was:
Jar Jar, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul
Darth Maul, Battle Droid, Battle Droid
Amidala, Anakin, Darth Maul
3PO, 3PO, Qui-Gon

So I truely believe that it's just Medicom screwing with the cases.

That being said, this totally sucks as my first Master Case purchase.  I've been excited about this since back in what, November?  This totally ******* blows and I can't believe that I spent $370 on this case and only ended up with a ******* Jar Jar...

So when does Series 9 come out?! ;)
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #591 on: May 8, 2008, 12:06 AM »
And for the record, of the cases that Jeff sent us (left hand side of his shipment picture), BrentS took the box that was 'opened' and then taped to the sealed box, which was the one I got.  In looking at the sealed box, there is absolutely no evidence that it was tampered with at all. 

So you took the "sealed" box and ended up with just JarJar?  That blows!  Well, it blows no matter what, but you get what I'm saying.  Man, there has been more "weirdness" with these Master Cases than any other series.  It sure does look like Medicom may possibly be trying to play games with the Master Cases or something...  :-\

Unfortunately, I agree... I'm not sure that they would (could) do anything for you because it's a "secret" figure.  I doubt they would send you a replacement because if they did that, then what was to stop anyone from e-mailing/calling and saying that they wre missing one just to try to get a free chase.   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 8, 2008, 12:12 AM »
Yeah, and the fact that we've now heard of three Master Cases where there is a chase (rare or common) missing backs up that theory...

It's funny because the Jar Jar was the first box I opened tonight and it all went down hill from there...

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #593 on: May 8, 2008, 12:14 AM »
I really feel for you guys who are missing chases after buying a master case. That's just not right. I've been pretty lucky with regard to chases so far, but I imagine I should prepare myself to be disappointed when my box of 12 arrives.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 8, 2008, 07:37 AM »
Wow guys, I am bummed for you too. I remember how excited you have been since you started collecting kubricks, and hate to see you have such a downer experience. The whole idea of the mastercase purchases to me is to get 2 out of the 3 done, with maybe some cool extras. To go virtually chaseless blows big time. And we still haven't heard of a "bonanza" master case having 2, so just how rare did they make these guys, and why? Like I said, I feel for you, and hope this isn't a sign of things to come. It makes collecting the guys a little less appealing if absolutely everything is going to go sky high pricing, with no rhyme or reason to the cases.

On a somewhat related note, I sure hope they make a decent amount of the boxed and carded figures this year- If everything becomes a "chase", it is just too much.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 8, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Thanks for the support guys.  I think that Crackbrick, Evenflow and I should start our own club for jilted Kubrick collectors who didn't get the chases they were expecting...

So thinking about this more, it would seem as though there are three case variations that are floating around out there:

Case 1 - Jar Jar and Aurra Sing (6 Master Cases reported so far)
Case 2 - Only Jar Jar (2 Master Cases reported so far)
Case 3 - Only Saesee Tiin (1 Master Case reported so far)

So does that mean that the ratios should be based off of a # out of 144?  It would appear that Jar Jar is a 2:144, and both Aurra and Saesee are 1:144 figures.  I know that with Be@rbricks, they have the ultra rare 1:192 figures, so it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that Medicom could be doing the same thing with the Star Wars chases...

Just a thought...  After last night's let down of not getting a rare chase, I'm just trying to rationalize things to make myself feel better...

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #596 on: May 8, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I'm really hoping that it's just an anomaly of some kind with some of the first cases, but it's possible that the money being charged for the chases on ebay is actually closer to being accurate than we thought.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #597 on: May 8, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Thanks for the support guys.  I think that Crackbrick, Evenflow and I should start our own club for jilted Kubrick collectors who didn't get the chases they were expecting...

Just a thought...  After last night's let down of not getting a rare chase, I'm just trying to rationalize things to make myself feel better...

I am down with joing that club  :-[ I have tried to make myself feel better but i wont until i get an Aurra Kubrick. Until then i am still bitter.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #598 on: May 8, 2008, 10:01 AM »
So does that mean that the ratios should be based off of a # out of 144? 

Trying to overanalyze the ratios will give you a headache...  for all we know there are "Aurra only" Master Cases and "JarJar & Saesee" Master Cases out there too, thus screwing up the "overall" ratios even further.  Let me see if I can get some info from my various overseas friends to see if they are seeing what we are seeing...

On a somewhat related note, I sure hope they make a decent amount of the boxed and carded figures this year- If everything becomes a "chase", it is just too much.

Well, the Maul box set and the Blue Stars Trooper were sold as "limited to 2007 pieces" and the AotC Box Set was sold as "limited to 2008 pieces".
« Last Edit: May 8, 2008, 10:11 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 8, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Got my bricks today! They look great. Is it just me or are they shorter than the previous series? Anyway, I decided to add some weathering to the battle droids. Left: an original. Middle: washed and cleaned up. Right: washed and waiting to be wiped clean.