Author Topic: 2007 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 31459 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2007, 10:22 AM »
I have a few TV sets - one or two that are current but mostly ones out of nostalgia like Alf, McGyver, Seinfeld, X-Files, Family Guy, Simpsons...  As for new stuff, I have Lost, Arrested Development, Curb your Enthusiasm...and I think that's pretty much it.

And for the first time in months' I'm really excited about the releases next week.  The Fountain, Pan's Labyrinth, and Seraphim Falls all on one day.  Oh my.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2007, 10:49 AM »
I only pick up TV series that mean something to me. It really has to have been something impressive. So far the only ones I've got are BSG Seasons 1 & 2 (+2.5) and Firefly and 3 seasons of Seinfeld. It seems I don't watch Seinfeld as much since it's readily available on TV every night.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2007, 11:11 AM »
I'm hovering at about 850 individual movie DVD's at the moment - of which I've only watched maybe half at best   :-\  I finally completed my G1 tv dvd set.  Other than that I have Family Guy, Futurama, Chappel Show, Reno 911, Seinfeld, the Simpsons, simple life (don't ask), Southpark, & 24.  I know that I'll never watch them, but there nice to have lying around.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:14 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47 PM »
I don't have too much in the way of TV DVDs really, just a couple of series:
Star Trek original series (and animated box set)
Battlestar Galactica original series
Spiderman animated series - the original from the 60s
Buffy the Vampire Slayer  :-[
Firefly
Family Guy

Most of the rest simply don't interest me, but I spend relatively little time watching TV anyway (I'm perpetually out of touch with what people are watching and talking about :-\).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2007, 12:58 PM »
I have all the available seasons of Smallville on DVD, Firefly, Buffy Season 1, Angel Season 1 and 5, Chappeles Show, Lois and Clark The New Adventure's of Superman season 1 & 2, The Batman Animated Series all available seasons, Tourgasm, and Popeye the Sailot Man 75th Anniversary Edition.

Out of all of those, Firefly and Smallville are the only ones I keep in regular rotation in my disc player. I've held off on Seinfeld and Scrubs due to their constant TV rotation. I like the option of having television shows for my TV if the cable goes down. Same principle as a gun in the closet. It's nice to have if you ever need it...not that you WANT to need it.

Kevin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:58 PM by Famine »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I'm definately psyched about the Serephim Falls next week it Stars you know who
<== ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 04:06 PM by Deanna Rash »
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2007, 04:16 PM »
In terms of TV on DVD, I have...

-Thundercats Season 1 Volume 1
-Seinfeld (First few seasons)
-Family Guy (Seasons 1-3)
-Simpsons Single Disc Christmas DVD (4-6 episodes)
-Various Charlie Brown TV/Holiday Specials

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2007, 05:24 PM »
we have lots of tv shows on DVD.  recently we have been trying to be more discerning because they tend to only get watched once.  i really like to watch the shows like 24, lost, or heroes that are one continuous story line all at once, but after we watch them they just sit around. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2007, 12:17 AM »
An interesting tid bit for the 25th Anniversary release of Blade Runner.

Cassidy Reshoots "Blade Runner"

From Joanna Cassidy's site.

Joanna has just finished re-shooting her scenes from the original BLADE RUNNER movie.  Joanna is wearing her original outfit (which she kept over from the first production).  These new scenes will be part of the upcoming special BLADE RUNNER DVD re-release.

More on the release of the Blade Runner DVD.

Blade Runner Final Cut Due

Warner Home Video will issue a new remastered director's cut of the classic SF movie Blade Runner in September now that it has cleared up rights issues, followed by a theatrical release of a version promised to be truly director Ridley Scott's final cut, Variety reported. Warner's rights to Blade Runner lapsed a year ago, but the studio has since negotiated a long-term license.

The movie has a troubled history. When Scott ran over budget, completion bond guarantors took control of it and made substantial changes before its 1982 theatrical release, adding a voice-over and a happy ending. That version was replaced by the much better-received director's cut in 1992, but Scott has long been unhappy with it, complaining that he was rushed and unable to give it proper attention.

Scott started working on the final cut version in 2000, but that project was shelved by Warner soon after, apparently because the studio couldn't come to terms with Jerry Perenchio over rights issues.

The restored "director's cut" will debut on home video in September and will remain on sale for only four months, after which time it will be placed on moratorium. Blade Runner: Final Cut will arrive in 2007 for a limited 25th-anniversary theatrical run, followed by a special-edition DVD with the three previous versions offered as alternate viewing. Besides the original theatrical version and director's cut, the expanded international theatrical cut will be included. The set will also contain additional bonus materials.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2007, 03:49 AM »
Canadian Best Buy Exclusive, $39.99.

300 (Widescreen) (2-Discs Special Edition 2007) 

Releases 31 Jul/07. Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, "300" is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. This Best Buy exclusive edition includes a Spartan helmet replica and collectible art.

Yep, I'll be picking this set up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Can't wait for 300 myself.

As for TV on DVD, I've kept my purchases to a minimum. I have:

Firefly
BSG
Babylon 5
Star Trek: TNG
Simpsons

I want Band of Brothers, just haven't picked it up yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 02:37 PM »
My girlfriend and i buy TV on dvd nonstop. We just got into the deadzone, already worked through 2 seasons.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 1, 2007, 03:36 PM »

Finally picked this up on sale at Target.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 2, 2007, 09:39 AM »
I picked up Deadwood Season 3 last week from Amazon and Seinfeld Season 7 from Target for $17.99 (thanks to a raincheck).

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 3, 2007, 05:31 AM »
Picked up Running man from ebay for $15 posted so that was good.
I forgot how corny some of Arnie's movies were, but gee I enjoyed it.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself