Author Topic: 10th Anniversary of Jurassic Park  (Read 2799 times)

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
10th Anniversary of Jurassic Park
« on: June 5, 2003, 09:16 AM »
I know everyone has probably seen my logo that's in my sig line.....this June 11th will mark the 10th anniversary of the original release of Jurassic Park 1.

I can't believe that it's been 10 years already.......time just flies.I can still remember sitting in the theater watching this movie in sheer amazement. I LOVED JP...and still do to this day. I feel that JP1 did so much for progressing movie special effects.......

I've also heard that there is a JP4 in the works.......;D
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 10th Anniversary of Jurassic Park
« Reply #1 on: June 5, 2003, 09:34 AM »
Wow, has it been 10 years already?  I'm getting old  ???

The first was excellent, the second not so much, the third somewhere in between.  And a fourth one (hopefully alongs the lines of the first one) should have been obvious from the ending of III, with the pteradons flying away from the island.  Dinos in populated areas?  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2003, 09:50 AM »
Wow. 10 yrs go by fast. There are lots of rumors about Jurassic Park IV. Seems it may take place 12 years after the first movie & maybe the last JP movie made.
If it is the last, it should be a gooder.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: June 5, 2003, 11:24 AM »
10 years sure do go be awful fast, doesn't it?  It makes me feel even older than I already am (30).  I love the JP movies.

I really liked all three of them, but there were a few certain actors/actresses that could have been replaced by better ones.  For example, I didn't like the little daugther of Ian Malcolm.  She was extremely annoying and just a terrible actress.  I couldn't believe they couldn't have found a better actress than her.  Thankfully she didn't annoy me to the extent of not liking that movie, because I liked all three JP movies.

Out of all three JP movies, I would say that JP3 was the best one done.  The action was continuous... there was hardly any downtime at all.  Great movie!

To the makers of JP3... Happy 10-Year Anniversary!
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: June 5, 2003, 03:33 PM »
I had heard a rumor that Stan Winston was already designing and making Dino-puppets for the new movie which starts filming in 2004 with a release in 2005.

I am not sure if it is true or not but if there is going to be a JP4 I will be in line to see it. I really enjoyed the other three movies.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 6, 2003, 11:02 AM »
Jurassic Park the novel is right up there with my all time favorite books and cemeented Crichton as one of my favorite authors.  The movie was very good, the effects were awesome. The changes they made to the story were unforgivable and all done with Sequel in mind.  I sort of lost faith in Spielberg for a while on the whole deal especially when JP2 came out.  Malcolm and Hammond both die and the moral struggles that Grant and Ellie face throughout are great stuff.  Basically it is all boiled down fluff that ends up on film and having known what was behind it all made me pissed off.  Watching it again recently though it is a great movie and Williams score is stupendous, his themes developed for this movie are truly some of his best

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 6, 2003, 12:02 PM »
Jurassic Park IV should take place in space in the not-too-distant future. Dinosaurs have been rounded up and exiled to a terraformed island on Uranus. Once there, they mutate to adapt to their new environment, evolving into SPACE DINOSAURS!!!

Get Adam Sandler to star as Ian Malcolm, Jr. and Will Smith as a wise-cracking mercenary. Katie Holms could be the love interest and Vin Deisel could play the voice of the mutated T-Rex! Get Jonathan Frakes to direct it and you'll have a movie bigger than Clockstoppers!

Jurassic Park - Uranus! Summer 2004!

(I'm pitching this to Universal next week.  8) )
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 6, 2003, 04:43 PM »
Obviously, the original Jurassic Park was the best one so far as an all-around movie with a great story goes.  I guess since I'm just a kid at heart still, I've basically really enjoyed all 3 of the JP flicks just for the amazing dinosaurs that they've brought to life!  I agree that there were some poor casting choices in the last couple, but they've mostly just been pure, fun, popcorn flicks with "cool monsters" in them for me.  I'd be all for a JP 4.  The more dinosaurs the better!

Guess I'm not in the norm here, but it actually seems like it's been longer than 10 years since the original JP hit theaters...   :-\

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: June 6, 2003, 05:38 PM »
I definately saw JP on opening night... 10 years? Wow! That doesn't seem possible.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2003, 01:57 PM »
I saw it when it came to video(I was 4)and let me tell you,I thought it was the coolest thing ever!I was so stoked when JP2 came out,and I loved that one too!But the third was just ok,I don't know why,but it didn't seem as good,but I still liked it.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 7, 2003, 04:00 PM »
The third one seemed really, really short.  It started and then wham! it was over.  Usually that works only for really good movies, which I didn't think it was.  What was the run time on 3?  Loved the first, tolerated the second.  A fourth would be cool.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.