Author Topic: NBA Offseason 2007  (Read 24300 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Offseason 2007
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2007, 02:52 PM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2007, 08:34 PM »
Oden Lost for the Season

Yeah, that was pretty shocking and very sad to see that story this morning.  Damn, the Trailblazers just have some seriously bad luck.  Of course, everyone's already pointing out the similarity between this issue (and not choosing Durant first), and the Sam Bowie issue way back in 1984, being picked before Jordon, and pretty much being a total injury-prone bust.  Apparently the Blazers had even expressed some serious concerns over Oden's knees prior to the draft, but ultimately blew them off, partly in favor of Oden's sterling personality (in trying to reshape the team's "Jail Blazers" image).  Man, they're gonna suck this year, especially after having traded away Zach Randolph.

Durant, on the other hand has made a far more impressive showing in the Summer Leagues and for Team USA than Oden did (who actually quit the USA team due to fatigue, IIRC).  Talk about some serious regret for the Blazers staff.  Oy.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2007, 08:11 PM »
i don't think oden was going to be able to sort out all of the blazers problems by himself.  maybe getting a top 3 pick 2 years in a row will get them back on track.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2007, 06:40 PM »
Word breaking out of Lakers' training camp right now is that Kobe's supposedly cleared out his locker and left.  That whiny bitch is possibly gone for good from L.A.  Can't wait to get a whole buttload of pathetic scrubs from the Bulls, or Howard/Terry from the Mavs...  But as much of a whiny bitch as he is, I'd hate to lose him.  Love him, or hate him, he's still the most exciting (and best) player in the NBA.  Of course, Jerry Buss didn't help matters when he started popping off last week about potentially trading Kobe, after everything had completely died down finally.  Buncha dumbfucks out here in L.A.

ESPN is now reporting that he's not going anywhere, and merely "re-organized" his locker.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2007, 06:08 PM »
this whole kobe thing puts me in a serious quandry.  can i still be a mavs fan and hate the #1 player?  anybody else have experience with getting their most hated player of all time traded to their team?  i have survived deion and TO coming to the cowboys, but i am a much more serious basketball fan than football.  i really really hope the bulls get stuck with kobe.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2007, 12:30 PM »
ESPN is reporting that a deal is almost done between Miami and Minnesota:

Miami Receives:

Ricky Davis
Mark Blount

Minnesota Receives:

Antoine Walker
Wayne Simien
Michael Doleac
Future Draft Pick

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2007, 03:12 PM »
I'll take it.  I'm not sold on Davis and Blount, but the Heat need to do something.  They're just too old and too injured.  Davis is a whack-job, but at least he gives the Heat another decent scoring option.