Dressel's Yankee notes:
1. Goodbye Randy Johnson and Jaret Wright. You both suck and we don't want you. Take Carl Pavano with you, please. Unless he's actually going to pitch a game having been here 3 seasons. Then we want him.
2. Welcome Mr. Igawa. Although almost none of the asian pitchers have lived up to expectations, we keep hope alive that you will. And if you don't, well, Mussina, Pettitte, and Wang will cushion that for us
3. I want Gary Sheffield back. I have fond memories of that line drive he hit out to second base against the Angels, just barely over the glove of a jumping Chone Figgins at the edge of the infield grass, that proceeded to accelerate in line drive fashion over the right field fence. Never seen that before and probably never will again. He's that damn strong. He's a big bat and one of the most fearsome hitters in baseball. He's gonna be missed. Well, not if Abreu produces. But Sheff's one of my favorite players and I'm sure you'll all exploit that fact by expecting me to take him early in our fantasy draft this year, en route to my 3rd championship in 4 seasons.
4. Glad Joe Torre stayed.
1. Mark McGwire is not going to be elected to the hall of fame after that Congress fiasco. No. Chance. In. Hell.
2. Ripken and Gwynn are in like Flynn. Check out my rhyme.
That's all for now I'm going to go watch Aaron Boone's 2003 homer against the Sox in the ALCS on YES.