Author Topic: Cloned Out?  (Read 11841 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Cloned Out?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 10:30 PM »
ROBO...WANT...REBELS!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 04:13 AM »
You and me both...

Hasbro really sorta screwjobs the Rebel forces.  Funny when the Rebel Honor Guard is the best trooper the Rebs can muster. ;)  Some NEW (IE: Not just new legs, or new heads) army builders are in order for Endor, Hoth, and Yavin/Tantive IV...  Be damned Hasbro's opinion of themselves and what they've already put out there, we need some new troopers to fight the Empire at this point.

Though, I will say I'm all for more Imperials and my cloning out isn't TOO out of steam, I just could use some slowing down or at the very least a diversion to AOTC style ones for a little while...  I mean, there's some ground there to cover, and at least those aren't nearly as plentiful.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 10:00 AM »
From here on out, it'll mostly be EU type clone creations, so it should be easier for me to cut back.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 10:03 AM »
SA Coruscant trooper and removable helmet 212th. thats what im waiting for.

im not going to stop with clones anytime soon. i only have 44  and they are all episode 3 save for 2 of them. hasbro needs to focus on ep 2 clones. we dont have much interms of it. and all these EU clones. they acually look pretty cool..at times.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 10:33 AM »

im not going to stop with clones anytime soon. i only have 44  and they are all episode 3 save for 2 of them. hasbro needs to focus on ep 2 clones. we dont have much interms of it. and all these EU clones. they acually look pretty cool..at times.

You'll get your wish later this year with the Legends line. Plain white AOTC clones are coming out and there will be an officer figure as well that is a running change. Now here's hoping we can all find the amount of these we want.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I think a shift towards Imperial and Rebel army builders would be a good thing at this point.  Hasbro has all but exhausted the ROTS era Clone Troopers, and spacing those out from here might be a good thing.  We all know this, and it's especially obvious if you've ever seen the ROTS Clone family photo that RS put together.  There are also some AOTC Clones that could stand to be done like the Evolutions Clone Trooper.  So here's what I think we should probably get in terms of the more popular army builders:

CLONE TROOPERS - AOTC
Clone Trooper - Evolutions - Clean
Clone Trooper Sergeant - Evolutions repaint
Clone Trooper Lieutenant - 30AC tin re-release
Clone Trooper Captain - Evolutions repaint
Clone Trooper Commander - Evolutions - clean version plus electrobinoculars
Clone Trooper - red Kamino training fatigues - NEW
Clone Trooper - blue Kamino training fatigues - NEW

REBEL ALLIANCE
Fleet Trooper - new sculpt, SA
Rebel Pilot - generic
Rebel hangar crew
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Echo base Rebel Trooper
Rebel Fleet Officer - ROTJ, Madine style uniform
Rebel Endor Commando - SA, similar to Sideshow Endor Rebels

IMPERIALS
Stormtrooper Officer - Imperial Officers with black tunics
Imperial Officer - Grey/olive tunic
Imperial Security Bureau Officer - white tunic, black trousers
Space Stormtrooper - from Falcon's approach to the Death Star
Death Squad Commander - Vintage figure redone
TIE Fighter Pilot - update on the OTC TIE Pilot, SA
TIE Fighter Pilot - Black Squadron with grey helmet markings
Bridge technician - grey jumpsuit & black cap
AT-ST Driver - SA, removable helmet, etc
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 04:02 PM »

You'll get your wish later this year with the Legends line. Plain white AOTC clones are coming out and there will be an officer figure as well that is a running change. Now here's hoping we can all find the amount of these we want.

before anyone gets annoyed.

i know i complain A LOT about nothing coming to Canada. which is why when i said i hope hasbro focuses more on ep 2 clones i ment in the basic figure wave. because something tells me legends isnt coming up north. but i still have hope for that AOTC wave this year :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 07:14 PM »
I want Rebels & Droids. What are clones & Imperials supposed to fight?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 10:16 AM »

IMPERIALS
Stormtrooper Officer - Imperial Officers with black tunics
Imperial Officer - Grey/olive tunic
Imperial Security Bureau Officer - white tunic, black trousers
Space Stormtrooper - from Falcon's approach to the Death Star
Death Squad Commander - Vintage figure redone
TIE Fighter Pilot - update on the OTC TIE Pilot, SA
TIE Fighter Pilot - Black Squadron with grey helmet markings
Bridge technician - grey jumpsuit & black cap
AT-ST Driver - SA, removable helmet, etc

Bring it on!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2007, 12:22 PM »
If anything, I'd rather see straight battle packs of basic troops. No frills. No Heroes or Troop commanders in the packs. JUST TROOPS!

This is Star WARS. Battle packs by their very name infer battles. Who does the MAJORITY of the fighting? The grunts of course. Plenty enough room on the pegs for the Heroes and troop commanders on single cards. Heck most of us only need one of them, so why pack a hero and/or troop commander in a battle pack?

I'd really love to see straight battle backs of the troops who were most seen in the movies, then if successful Hasbro could venture into the minor troops, then maybe characters for which some people would like multiples of, 4 or 5 figures to a pack. Mostly depending on size. Sell the packs for $20 tops.

Here's one list I'd propose.

OT Major Troops:
Stormtroopers
Snowtroopers
Biker Scouts
Hoth Rebel Soldiers

OT Minor troops:
Sandtrooper (Black Paulron)
Sandtrooper (Grey Paulron)
Sandtrooper (White Paulron)
Death Star troopers
Death Star Gunners
TIEfighter Pilots
Imperial officers (black)
Imperial officers (gray) Lieutenants (two "pips")
Imperial officers (gray) Commanders (three "pips")
Rebel Honor Guard (with caps for each too, so we can choose if we want them to be Guards or soldiers as seen in the medal ceremony)
Rebel Hangar crew
AT-AT drivers
Bespin Guards
AT-ST drivers
Endor Rebel Soldiers

OT Multiple sets (other)
Jawas
Tuskens
Ugnaughts
Gammoreans

Yes I know there may be more, but these make sense as 4-5 figure packs.

Prequel sets:
Major:
SA Gungan Warrior
Battle Droid (Both ALL tan sets and ALL red sets)
ALL white SA Clone trooper (AOTC)
Utapau troopers
501st troopers
Elite Clone trooper (Kashyyyk)

Minor:
Red Security Battle droids
Blue Pilot Battle droids!
AOTC Clone Pilots (now SA please)
Super Battle droid
ROTS Clone Pilots
Airborne trooper (Utapau)
Shocktrooper
Galactic Marines
Coruscant troopers
Bly's clones
AT-RT drivers
Grevious Bodyguards (ALL blue and ALL white sets)
Destoyer droids (include at least a couple "shields" too)

Multiple sets (other)
Utapau Warriors (SA)

That roughly covers them. Again I'm sure there's more, but take a look at the list and really think do people want many sets of aliens other than the ones I posted? Probably not. You may, but that's not enough for Hasbro.

Again, all of these sets would be GRUNTS ONLY. I tried to keep them listed as to how many were seen in the movies, hence why some are considered Major and others Minor.

Having ONLY one type of figure in a pack makes it much easier to decide how many packs we are willing to get. As an example, take the Sandtroopers. I'd buy two to thre sets of the black paulron ones, while only 2 grey and then one white. But that gives ME the option. Instead of dealing with a disproportionate amount of troopers to officers to heroes to contend with, that give me unwanted figures, which makes me feel like I'm losing money.

NOTE, this was kept to MOVIE ONLY figures.
Enough with the EU clones. Single card those ones. Most people will only get one maybe two of them so Hasbro can make the most money off them that way as opposed to a battle pack. (Again yes I understand the Battle Packs are $20 and the figus are $7.50-inc. tax so it would seem Battle packs are bigger money makers.) But to include heroes and/or troop commanders in those sets, really is wasteful and a deterrent to all but the most hardcore army builders (and yes, I'll include myself there), and we don't account for as many sales. Casual collectors and many kids are not predisposed to getting battle packs of troops who were not seen in the movies.  But they might buy one or two single carded ones, while we army bulders will buy more than that, but not enough to justify EU as battle packs. Besides, EU clones, concept clones etc. are not really thought of to be in high numbers, so why army build them. They were never "seen" like this. (With maybe an exception or two that might have been seen in comics, but again that's more a niche market than to the general populace for which Hasbro is marketing to.)

So what are your (Anyone, not someone specific) opinions on this?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 05:45 PM »

I think that and Commander Faeie (no clue how to spell this name, I hope I got it right) are the only clones I'll bother to buy if they are released. And if they do Faeie theyll have to do white Gal. marines.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 06:11 PM »
I would kill for troop only sets. But the fighting we saw on screen was mainly by the heroes/villians so that's how Hasbro plans to continue this.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 06:15 PM »

I think that and Commander Faeie (no clue how to spell this name, I hope I got it right) are the only clones I'll bother to buy if they are released. And if they do Faeie theyll have to do white Gal. marines.

Huh, I hadn't thought of those troops. White Gal.Marines would be cool. I've seen those customs and they look awesome. VERY close to snowtroopers, which is a nice bridge to the OT troops.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 06:18 PM »
At this point, the nail needs to be driven on the Clone thing.  There are only four legitimate Clones that need to be released, requiring entirely new or slightly modified existing sculpts, and after that, everything should be rereleases of previously released Clones:

1-Commander Gree:  We need an accurate version, and Hasbro knows it.  Give him the proper backpack, the proper paint scheme, SA, and be done with it.  And with that being said...

2-Elite Corps Clone Trooper:  The TSC Biker Scout repaint doesn't cut it for me, and he's no better than the Order 66 Kashyyyk Clone Trooper in terms of accuracy.  Do a totally new sculpt from the ground up, give him multiple weapons, and there you go.

3-Coruscant Clone Trooper:  Repaint the ROTS 41 body with the gray paint scheme.  Easy enough.

4-Commander Bacara:  Regardless of what anyone says, the ROTS version sucks and sucks hard.  Again, do a totally new sculpt without the action feature, and either release it as a single carded figure or as part of a Battle Pack with four 30AC Galactic Marines with varying degrees of damage.

Oh, and all things being equal, of the actual "finalized" concept art Clones, the only one that hasn't been done is Commander Faie.  We're getting the SA "Red Dot" Clone Trooper, which was the last in the "lineup" piece of concept art to be done, but no Faie.  If the Battlefront II packs that surfaced a while back contain what we expect, it shouldn't be too hard to use that figure, pack it with a poncho and a belt, and call it a day.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Clones I'd like to see...

Clone Commandos- Generic white, generic black, It's all good.

Holographic Clone Trooper- Aka Clone Advisor CT-01/425.

Clone SCUBA Trooper- A major Clone from the CW series we still have yet to see. Would look great with the CW Kit Fisto.