Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298849 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Hey,

I picked up the following chases:

S5 - Blue Snaggletooth, Walrusman; and
S6 - Tarkin, Veers.

Was delighted with the prices, particularly for Veers.

Wow, nice grabs.  I think you got deals on Veers and Snaggle and fair prices on Tarkin and Walrusman.  That's a big wad of cash to drop all at once though - you must be over the $450 mark for these 4.   :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 26, 2009, 09:04 PM »
I'm glad you guys were able to score some nice kubs last night.

Though it pains me to have to sell much of my top shelf goodies, every penny has helped to bring our new store, Super7 Florida, to life on August 29th.

Many here may recognize the S7 name by the magazine, books, toys, and artwork we produce along with being the official sponsor of the popular Skullbrain.org message board.

But we are also the guys producing the new Jumbo Machinder Stormtrooper (complete with rocket firing fist) in collaboration with Lucasarts and Kotobukiya of Japan.

It was tough keeping the news under wraps for so long, but those of you who are interested can read more about the new store opening on the 2nd page of Vinylpulse's SDCC coverage on its website.  CollectionDX also has a nice little write-up about yesterday's comic con unveiling of the new Jumbo Stormtrooper at the Kotobukiya booth.

I still have my very best, top shelf Star Wars kubricks safe and sound in my room, but lately it's been like an episode of survivor whenever a new bill arrives in the mail.  
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:32 PM by StealthTank »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 28, 2009, 05:39 PM »
I bought an extra Series 4 Emperor figure so I can display it with the force lightning attached instead of the cane.  Anyone else have an extra set of force lightning they aren't using?  I'd still like to have another set.  Send me a PM if you do.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:57 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Just snagged the L-Slot Boba Fett chase off of Ningyoushi along with an extra Palpatine and Qui-Gon.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:23 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Just got my J-Slot Fett in the mail from Stealthtank's auctions. If you don't mind me asking I am Sith, how much was ningyoushi charging for the L-Slot. I had been looking everday to see if they would get a J-Slot one before I won the auction.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 31, 2009, 03:28 AM »
My Watchmen individual boxed collection came today (didn't bother with the chase) they're very nice except for Silk Spectre II who looks like a man ( A failing on many kubricks IMO as they don't bother to shape or mould them in a more feminine way).

"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 1, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Okay, so who was up early with me bidding on Tarkin and Veers?  Dissapointed that I didn't get Veers, but I did land Tarkin.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 1, 2009, 10:07 AM by JediJman »
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 1, 2009, 10:10 AM »
I nearly bid on veers but with no real picture and it not being in a bag made me wonder about its condition. Based on the final price I'd say it made others wonder too.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 1, 2009, 10:55 AM »
agree 100% , thats why I did not bid. I never bid unless I at least see the item itself. Sometimes its ok but I need the peice of mind.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 1, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Yeah, I guess I'll just remain hopefull that his description was accurate.  He says 100% excellent condition, so if that's not the case we will have a problem.   :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 3, 2009, 12:03 AM »
Well, I'm going to have to pick up a second job.  I just landed an Early Bird set for $79 and the Rebo Band set for $140.  Hoping these were good deals - I couldn't let them pass by at those prices.  They're from the same seller, so hopefully it will be $17 combined shipping.   :-\

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 3, 2009, 12:26 AM »
Well, I'm going to have to pick up a second job.  I just landed an Early Bird set for $79 and the Rebo Band set for $140.  Hoping these were good deals - I couldn't let them pass by at those prices.  They're from the same seller, so hopefully it will be $17 combined shipping.   :-\

Dude! Congrats on those prices, hell of a deal on both.  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 3, 2009, 12:39 AM »

Dude! Congrats on those prices, hell of a deal on both.  8)

Thanks!  I had been watching the EB set for a while and was going to try for around $105, so pretty surprised to see it fall to $80. What does the REbo set normally sell for?  I've not seen it lower than $200.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 3, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Average for the Rebo set is $168.-$175. plus.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 3, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Got my silver kubrick vader today. Very glad to see how nice the condition was. It came in one of the sealed bags as well, but that didn't last long  ;D