Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298823 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #510 on: October 6, 2009, 02:31 AM »
Very nice Jeff, well done. Nice to see you playing catch up.  ;)

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 15, 2009, 07:26 PM »
I'm playing major catch up as I only started collecting in June, mostly concentrating on basic 6 sets. So far I've got :-

Series 1 Basic 6
Series 2 Sandtrooper & Both Band Members
Series 3 Basic 6 except C-3PO
Series 4 None
Series 5 Basic 6 + Han Endor
Series 6 Basic 6 + Wedge
Series 7 Basic 6 (just got my Gamorrean Guard woop woop)
Series 8 Basic 6
Series 9 Basic 6
Series 9 Basic 6
Series 10 Basic 6
Bobafett Series
and today I just received the 2005 TRU boxset that I bought on ebay over a month ago (thought I'd been ripped off).

Can't get enough of these guys but a bit worried about some of the Chase prices.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 15, 2009, 07:31 PM »
You've been collecting for just 4 months and you have all of those kubs and you're worried about chase prices????

You must have dropped a ton of ebay tokens :P on that lot!!
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2009, 12:21 AM »
Can't get enough of these guys but a bit worried about some of the Chase prices.

I still have no clue as to why you guys are so fascinated with kubricks, but more power to ya.  Jeff - you can delete this post at any time.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2009, 12:35 AM »

I still have no clue as to why you guys are so fascinated with kubricks, but more power to ya.  Jeff - you can delete this post at any time.   ;)

Is that to say you don't like them or just don't think they're worth the price.  I love my Kubie set - I just think the figs look ultra cool and it's a bit rarer than a lot of my other stuff, which makes it feel a little more special.  The prices are definitely hard to stomach though. :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 16, 2009, 11:04 AM »

They are small enough to keep without a rented space, which save some money  ;)

When the line first came out, they weren't really very pricey. Series 1 basic set of 6 cost me something like $30-35. I don't remember what the chases were going for at the time, but since they were just repaints of Fett I wasn't interested in them anyhow.

The Parco show carded figs were always spendy, but at one a year that was no big deal.

The same is true of the later series, if you picked them up as they came out it wasn't too expensive. But by series 5 those chase figures were approaching triple digits. The early boxsets were reasonable, as they were wide releases to Japan Toys R Us ($30-40 each).

But since the mail away exclusives started, and the boxsets come out commanding 200-250 each, I can't imagine playing catch-up. Now the re-releases of the series on cards are expensive, but may or may not be easy to pass on depending on your collecting habits.

As usual, it all comes down to buying what you like at prices you can live with.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 16, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Speaking of which - Dan, let me know what you want for that 5-pack.  I may be interested.   ;)

I nabbed Jay's Aurra Sing for $100 last night and it is fantastic.  Needed some Kubie goodness to re-light my Kubie fire of late!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 16, 2009, 05:22 PM »
You've been collecting for just 4 months and you have all of those kubs and you're worried about chase prices????

You must have dropped a ton of ebay tokens :P on that lot!!
I should re-phrase that, I'm worried my wife finds out about the chase prices   :o. I got what I thought were some good deals, like Series 5 for £22 and the TRU Boxset for £18. Once I've got the basic series I'll maybe slow down a bit  :P. And as for the total ebay tokens I've spent I'm refusing to add it all up, I might get a shock  :'(

They are small enough to keep without a rented space, which save some money  ;) TRUE

Now the re-releases of the series on cards are expensive, but may or may not be easy to pass on depending on your collecting habits.

[/quote]
I think I'm gonna swerve the carded ones as I'd probably open them so it would a bit of a waste. Are they re-releasing all the previous series in carded versions?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 28, 2009, 02:58 PM »
Ended up getting the 2008 and 2009 Collector's Club sets and the Darth Maul and Bloodfin sets this week.  Also an extra Lando and Bespin Luke on the boards.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 28, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Got a friend an early bird chewie for £20/$32 delivered. I think that makes bargain of the month for me ;)
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 30, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I just received Han and Luke Stormtroopers (100%) from Wyldaxe.  Nicely filled two gaping wholes in my collection.  They look awesome!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:13 PM by BrentS »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2009, 11:32 AM »
I just received Han and Luke Stormtroopers (100%) from Wlyaxe.  Nicely filled two gaping wholes in my collection.  They look awesome!

Well done and nice prices on those from Wyldaxe.  Those are easily two of my favorites - too bad they're so rare.   :-\

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 1, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I just received Han and Luke Stormtroopers (100%) from Wyldaxe.  Nicely filled two gaping wholes in my collection.  They look awesome!
Congrats on your purchase, I had to pass on the offer from Wyldaxe due to an extremely itchy ebay trigger finger depleting my funds  :(. Just recieved Series 9&10 Clone Chases and Blue Senate Guard and I know I said in my last post I was gonna swerve carded Kubes I'm waiting on carded Sandtrooper and Shadow Trooper (oops).

I'm trying to upload some photos but being a computer spoon I can't figure out how to yet.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 1, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Try www.photobucket.com  You just register and select files from your computer to uplaod.  IT even gives you the image tags to copy right into your post.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 2, 2009, 09:22 AM »
"Posting an image" is actually a misnomer, you don't post an image, you post a link to an image that is uploaded somewhere else.  The main point to understand when posting images here (or to any messageboard) is that those images don't actually exist here, they have to be uploaded to another host/site first.  (You can't upload images directly to a message board.)  Once those pictures are uploaded to another site (e.g., Photobucket.com), you create a message here, and in the body of that message, you provide links to where the pictures actually "live".  Those "image links" are clearly provided on Photobucket, so you can easily copy them and paste them directly into the body of your message here.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2009, 09:25 AM by Sir Real »