Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 300596 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2010, 05:14 PM »
Does anyone who has one of these have a reference for how similar his saber might be to others? 

DSJ has a very good picture of it in the Seris 8 thread, so I copied it here:

As you can tell, there isn't another lightsaber that I'm aware of from the other series that has a hilt that is all black and that long.  You might be able to get away with painting the green Grievous saber hilt black, but I doubt the hilt will be long enough to pass as the real thing.

Hrm...it's actually longer than the others?   ???  That's not good.  The Grievous saber does look like the best option of the three.  Not perfect, but it will have to do - I can't justify $30+ (minimum) just for a slightly different saber handle.  Not yet anyway.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2010, 05:52 PM »
I outbid you in the final seconds just before you outbid me.

So which one of you guys outbid me for the vinyl Jawa then?!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2010, 10:24 PM »
I outbid you in the final seconds just before you outbid me.

So which one of you guys outbid me for the vinyl Jawa then?!

Not me - my highest bid was about $100. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 1, 2010, 03:22 AM »
I picked up a Saesee Tiin off Ebay today for $77 ($70 total after Ebay and Bing rebates).  Only problem is that he doesn't come with his lightsaber.   :-\  Does anyone who has one of these have a reference for how similar his saber might be to others?  I think it's green, so I'm wondering if Grievous or Jedi Luke or Qui Gon have sabers that are fairly similar.  I couldn't find a good reference pic on the interweb, but I rarely see this figure offered up anywhere and decided to jump on it while I could.

thats weird i've just grabbed a sasee tinn off ebay for that much without a lightsaber, won it on the bidding war this afternoon... coincidence?!

I only see this one auction completed for Tiin.

Did you 2 both get a win e-mail from eBay/seller on that one or is there another auction that ended that is not showing?  ???

From what I can see in the end of bidding, the 07:02:28 bid was out bid even tho it's the same amount as the 07:02:34 PST bid. Tied for the proxy bid then the 1st bid wins until you can bid higher.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 1, 2010, 08:36 AM »
I only see this one auction completed for Tiin.

Sorry for the confusion on this.  Here's what happened:
 - Spooks and I bid each other up on the one that sold yesterday.
 - Spooks won it in the final seconds with a higher bid
 - Seller contacted me with a second chance offer, stating that he had a second Tiin, also without the Saber for a BIN price of $65
 - I searched for it on Ebay and couldn't find it (trying to log into Bing then buy it for the rebate)
 - The email had a link to buy it and was available only to me until Feb 1st.  I have never seen that before
 - Looked up second chance offers and sellers can sell a duplicate item without relisting by offering to the next highest bidder

I went ahead and just bought it via the link provided and was very happy to see that I got a bing rebate even though it didn't initially show up when looking at the auction page.  Guess we'll see what kind of condition they're in when they arrive.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 1, 2010, 08:49 AM »
- The email had a link to buy it and was available only to me until Feb 1st.  I have never seen that before
 - Looked up second chance offers and sellers can sell a duplicate item without relisting by offering to the next highest bidder
Guess we'll see what kind of condition they're in when they arrive.

When appleheadbb was selling all of those loose Snowtroopers, I ended up getting two of them by receiving second-chance offers.  They have worked out for me in the past, I hope that they work out for you two guys as well.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 1, 2010, 09:54 AM »
OK, gotcha on the Tiin auction. Really strange why the seller would have 2 loose & no accessories like Brent mentioned, hope it pans out. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 1, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Thanks - I hope it does too!  What was Appleheadbb's story on why he had snowtroopers with no accessories?  I imagine these are factory guys who just pocket a few items, but am hoping they're not the leftover scrap with defects.   :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 1, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Thanks - I hope it does too!  What was Appleheadbb's story on why he had snowtroopers with no accessories?  I imagine these are factory guys who just pocket a few items, but am hoping they're not the leftover scrap with defects.   :-\

TheSnowtroopers didn't appear to be rejects, but it could have also been my untrained eye ;).  I also purchased an uncarded Blackhole Stormtrooper from him that was definitely a reject though.  It came with only one gauntlet.  However, I contacted him about it and he gave me a partial refund, so I was okay until I bought a carded one...  Again, I hope the Tiin works out.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #609 on: February 1, 2010, 01:36 PM »
TheSnowtroopers didn't appear to be rejects

They may not have been "rejects" in that they may not have failed some QC check due to defects, but they are/were definitely "rejects" in the sense that they were/are excess unused product from Medicom. 

They may just be "extra" as in they were not needed due to the volume of cases sold.  Medicom makes more than they need to ensure they get enough to build all the master cases they want to sell.  The extras are supposed to be scrapped, but these guys pull them from the dumpsters and sell them weaponless/as-is.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 1, 2010, 02:04 PM »
Second chance offers are totally legit too, I often use them if I have a second of an item on auction and am happy with the second place bidders bid.  I've also been fortunate enough to have had the offer on several occasions with great success.  So I think that part is totally legit for what its worth. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 1, 2010, 02:15 PM »
oops sorry Jman, never mean to go head to head with people i know off forums! Although looks like it worked out well for the both of us... although all you guys have me worried about this reject thing now!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 1, 2010, 02:34 PM »
oops sorry Jman, never mean to go head to head with people i know off forums! Although looks like it worked out well for the both of us... although all you guys have me worried about this reject thing now!

No biggie - hopefully I didn't jack up the price too much on you.  I was hesitent to buy without the saber, but looks like you and I are in the same boat on this one... :-\

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 1, 2010, 03:49 PM »
absolutely... he never shows up and at a fraction ofthe price i thought its worth it. I don't usually display the sabers anyway so isn't a massive loss

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 1, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Besides, Dale dared me to finish off my missing Kubes by the end of the year and I've only got about ten more to go.   ;)

Hmmm. Do you need Indy?