Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298782 times)

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #15 on: February 7, 2007, 04:43 AM »
 :) Have just gotten my 2 pieces of series 2 to join the rest of the Kuby folks.....Cantina Band member (Jap) and Obi-wan...Sigh sigh....My carded :'( Boba Droids have been outbided..... :'(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 7, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I recently traded 7 HW treasure hunt cars to receive the Kubrick 2006 Scout with Speeder bike.

DS

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: February 7, 2007, 03:36 PM »
I recently traded 7 HW treasure hunt cars to receive the Kubrick 2006 Scout with Speeder bike.
DS

Hot Wheels for Kubricks!!!

That's like trading snotty kleenex for cashmere  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 7, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Whatever works as long as, in the end, I get what I want.

DS

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 8, 2007, 02:43 PM »
For real!! I've got probably a hundred or so spare treasure hunts i'd gladdly trade off for some kubricks

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 03:25 AM »
:) Have just gotten my 2 pieces of series 2 to join the rest of the Kuby folks.....Cantina Band member (Jap) and Obi-wan...Sigh sigh....My carded :'( Boba Droids have been outbided..... :'(

If they aren't there yet it should be any day now!

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline maulsith

• Jedi Initiate
  • feel the power of the dark side of the force
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 12:02 PM »

If they aren't there yet it should be any day now!

CB
Thanks CB,cool encouragement from you..I'm really thought of giving up in searching for those Kuby's..It's really hard to get it from the place where I'm residing now.Yup,time zone differences,whereby have been bidded out most of the times..SW is part of my life though,but due to most figures either rare in getting or damn expensive from ebay...sigh..might be a sad turning point to others Kub's  released though.Ie..Metal gear.etc..
still in a midst of consideration though,as i'm still wish that miracles can happen,as i still believed in the Skywalker family still rocks the galaxy....

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Picked up a Biker Scout at a local Star Wars shop here in town. They had the Imperial Guard and a couple others but none that I wanted. Now if I can just fine the TIE pilot. ::)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Picked up a Biker Scout at a local Star Wars shop here in town. They had the Imperial Guard and a couple others but none that I wanted. Now if I can just fine the TIE pilot. ::)

I may have a Tie Pilot kicking around...I'll check when I get a chance, and PM you.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 07:45 PM »
My Yakface arrived which is good, but it makes me a little nervous.  The arms are pretty loose on this guy.  Is that the case on anyone else's? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 07:55 PM »
The arms on mine are good, tight joints. I have had the odd regular figure with loose joints or a leg a tad longer than the other.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 12:13 AM »
My Yakface arrived which is good, but it makes me a little nervous.  The arms are pretty loose on this guy.  Is that the case on anyone else's? 

Same thing happened with my Imperial Officer (Veers) from Series 6. These things happen from time to time. I've had loose arms on my Bespin Luke and Hoth Han as well....

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 07:51 AM »
Thanks to Jessevader, the imperial ranks swell a little more... 3 DS gunners, 3 DS troopers, 3 jawas, bikerscouts, and guards. Plus some ewoks for some customizing that will make the ASPCA a little nervous....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Plus some ewoks for some customizing that will make the ASPCA a little nervous....

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 04:27 PM »

Thanks CB,cool encouragement from you..I'm really thought of giving up in searching for those Kuby's..It's really hard to get it from the place where I'm residing now.Yup,time zone differences,whereby have been bidded out most of the times..SW is part of my life though,but due to most figures either rare in getting or damn expensive from ebay...sigh..might be a sad turning point to others Kub's  released though.Ie..Metal gear.etc..
still in a midst of consideration though,as i'm still wish that miracles can happen,as i still believed in the Skywalker family still rocks the galaxy....

Yeah, I've given up on being a completest.
I'll still get a MC just in case there is a Chase I want to keep, but from now on its only a few from the regular series and a carded one here and there, oh and a 400% here and there as well, oh and an RAH here and there as well....
Seriously, I found that the Chase figures are the hardest thing to keep up with because of price.
If I cut them out it will leve the door open for some cool carded stuff and a few loose series ones now and again.
But alas with Star wars there is always something I want!
If my pockets were deep I'd buy those damn Attakus Sandies!
I also had to have that McQuarrie book that is on the way, the man is amazing and he did art for so many other things that include one of my other interests...Bigfoot!
All my geekness (well a good chunck) in one wonderful book!

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...