Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 299298 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #450 on: August 3, 2009, 10:54 PM »
Got my silver kubrick vader today. Very glad to see how nice the condition was. It came in one of the sealed bags as well, but that didn't last long  ;D

Did you tear him off the card too?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 3, 2009, 11:06 PM »
I did.   ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 3, 2009, 11:38 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 4, 2009, 12:22 AM »
Anyone win any of Stealthtank's auctions tonight?  He had some more great items selling, but almost all too pricey for my taste.  I did land the Jedi Chase Fett from S1 for $74.  I almost went for the proto chase too, but it's too similar to the Fett Series common chase to spend a lot on IMO. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 4, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Picked up a Gree and the common Fett chase from Ningyoushi so only need the expensive ones now.  Whee.

I did.   ;D

Excellent work, well done.  I don't think I'd open that one as it would be too nice to display it alongside the TFV I have. 

Anyone win any of Stealthtank's auctions tonight?  He had some more great items selling, but almost all too pricey for my taste.  I did land the Jedi Chase Fett from S1 for $74.  I almost went for the proto chase too, but it's too similar to the Fett Series common chase to spend a lot on IMO. 

You say that now, but the completeist will get to you.  Great price on the Jedi Fett though. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 4, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Anyone win any of Stealthtank's auctions tonight?

I was bidding on the Series 7 chases but lost out on those.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 4, 2009, 03:52 PM »
I won the Anakin  for 104.00, Logray for 148.00 , and Yak Face for 124.50.  Ouch my wallet hurts. The weird thing is my max bid on Yak Face was 124.00. It said I was outbidded so I did not put another bid in. In the end, I only won 2 auctions. Then today for some strange reason I won it for the bid of 124.50. I never placed a higher bid. The auction ended and I lost. Not sure what happened here.Has this ever happened to anyone before. I 've been on Ebay for 11 years now and its never happened before.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 4, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Got my silver kubrick vader today. Very glad to see how nice the condition was. It came in one of the sealed bags as well, but that didn't last long  ;D

Did you tear him off the card too?

I didn't, but wow to the guy who did! I'm going to keep mine carded as well to display next to the Hasbro TF Vader.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 4, 2009, 05:39 PM »
Great stuff, guys. Nice to see members filling in the gaps in the collection.  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 4, 2009, 06:58 PM »
I won the Anakin  for 104.00, Logray for 148.00 , and Yak Face for 124.50.  Ouch my wallet hurts. The weird thing is my max bid on Yak Face was 124.00. It said I was outbidded so I did not put another bid in. In the end, I only won 2 auctions. Then today for some strange reason I won it for the bid of 124.50. I never placed a higher bid. The auction ended and I lost. Not sure what happened here.Has this ever happened to anyone before. I 've been on Ebay for 11 years now and its never happened before.

Nice wins!  Logray was a great score.  I hardly ever see that available. These are all good prices - I was bidding on all three, but they surpassed my limits. 

Are you sure you didn't bid higher on the Yakface?  The bid history shows you were the last person to bid with no earlier bids, which looks to me like you sniped it right at the end with a bid of 124.50 or higher.  The bids increase by $2.50 when you get to that level, so it makes sense that your bid was $2.50 higher than the next highest at $122.  I initially thought something wasn't right with the other guy's bidding, since he went from $120 to $122, but looks like he put in $120 about half an hour before it closed, then bumped that to $122 ten minutes later.  Your bid registered about 20 minutes after that and about a minute after I hit my limit ($115).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 4, 2009, 07:02 PM »
My guess is that he probably thought he typed '4' for '124' but hit either the '5', '7', or '8' key by mistake to actually bid 125, 127, or 128, to have placed the 124.50 bid.  In any case, all good prices for Yakkie.   :D
« Last Edit: August 4, 2009, 07:04 PM by Sir Real »

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 4, 2009, 08:28 PM »
My guess is that he probably thought he typed '4' for '124' but hit either the '5', '7', or '8' key by mistake to actually bid 125, 127, or 128, to have placed the 124.50 bid.  In any case, all good prices for Yakkie.   :D

yeah ur probably right :-[

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 5, 2009, 09:15 PM »
ok so who am I going to try to outbid on the Solo Stormtrooper? >:D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 5, 2009, 11:41 PM »
ok so who am I going to try to outbid on the Solo Stormtrooper? >:D

Um, it's already sold methinks.   :-*

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 6, 2009, 06:51 AM »
omg, the dude relisted it at 59.99 BIN. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG