Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 64619 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #525 on: November 2, 2009, 12:16 PM »
Thanks for keeping it Real.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 2, 2009, 07:33 PM »
I Am Sith hooked me up with the Box Set TC-14 and Padme.  Got them in the mail today and they look great!  Way better than spending $200 for the whole set, especially since I'm not a big fan of the other 3 figs.  I like Jango and the clone, but don't really need them for the minor differences in them and the Super Battle Droid just looks silly to me.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 3, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Received my 2009 Collector's Club set in the mail today.  Glad I was able to track this one down.  I really like these figures a lot now that I've seen them in person.

Down to 1.5 box sets left for a complete set...
« Last Edit: November 3, 2009, 04:12 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 3, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Received my 2009 Collector's Club set in the mail today.  Glad I was able to track this one down.  I really like these figures a lot now that I've seen them in person.

Down to 1.5 box sets left for a complete set...

My set came with I am Sith's as well (gotta love combined shipping).  Happy to have this set myself as well.  Been an expensive Kubie month for me.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 4, 2009, 07:28 AM »
... and the Super Battle Droid just looks silly to me.

I don't know why the Super Battle Droid has such skinny legs, when the regular Battle Droid has standard kub legs.  Makes the SBD really hard to keep standing, I had to use double stick tape under his feet just so he wouldn't fall over.  
« Last Edit: November 4, 2009, 07:29 AM by Sir Real »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 4, 2009, 12:35 PM »
... and the Super Battle Droid just looks silly to me.

I don't know why the Super Battle Droid has such skinny legs, when the regular Battle Droid has standard kub legs.  Makes the SBD really hard to keep standing, I had to use double stick tape under his feet just so he wouldn't fall over.  

Yeah, not remotely impressed witht hat figure.  If it had been something better, I probably would have splurged to get the different clone and Jango, but couldn't see paying $200 when all I really wanted was Padme and TC.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 11, 2009, 08:50 AM »
Picked up the carded Boba Fett Collection figures last night.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline gravetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 21, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Received Logray in the mail today. Payed 122.96 shipped (not a great deal but O.K.). Now I just need the VC Jawa to complete series 3.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 21, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Received Logray in the mail today. Payed 122.96 shipped (not a great deal but O.K.). Now I just need the VC Jawa to complete series 3.

My max bid for that one was $100 shipped.  Glad I was outbid by a fellow forum member!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 21, 2009, 11:16 PM »

That's a nice grab.  I was hoping to land that for about $100 as well as one of the harder chases to come across, but $123 is still a very nice price.  Well done GT!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 22, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Do you guys worry about Logray being faked?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 22, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Do you guys worry about Logray being faked?

Faked using what?  I haven't looked at one close enough to know - I take it there is something similar enough to the orginal out there to act as a suitable fake?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #537 on: November 23, 2009, 12:06 AM »
I take it there is something similar enough to the orginal out there to act as a suitable fake?

Yeah, the factory mold rejects.  Not too long after Series 3 hit, a whole pile of fake Lograys hit the secondary market.  I have no idea where the last round of chat about it lies, but suffice it to say that someone got a hold of a pile of Medicom Logray cast-offs and re-painted/touched them up enough to sell them as the legit product.  I'll dig around to see if I can find the links, but fake Lograys are out there for sure...

The original "fake logray?" discussion
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:12 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 28, 2009, 04:42 PM »
I just bit on the 2009 5pc Box Set.  I think I've got the Black Friday bug and just couldn't resist.  Found it on the bay for $199 with $10 shipping in the US, so after Bing Cashback (10% right now...-$20) and Ebay Bucks (-$4), it's only going to cost me $185 shipped.   8)

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 2, 2009, 04:08 PM »
Recently added a Shadow Guard to my micro carded collection, also recently got the basic 6 of Series 4. Now waiting for the R2 & 3PO boxset which is gonna be my last purchase for a few months  :( as a mini Bobajode has arrived in this world  ;D and nappies (diapers) must come before Kubricks.