Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 298833 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #825 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47 PM »
I now have two Hoth Rebel chases on their way.  Anyone need one and willing to buy one of mine?

Sold!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 11, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Finally found the Han / Luke 2-pack for a reasonable price with shipping.  Now I only need the C-3PO / R2-D2 be@rbrick set to finish off my boxed set needs.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 11, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Nabbed the Han/Luke 2pack for $35 shipped, a pair of TC-14s for $85 shipped, and a Holo Yoda + Vac Metal Threepiofor $180 shipped.  That last one bit a little bit, but when the Kubrick bug bites, it's hard to stop. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 12, 2012, 12:27 PM »
Nice scores! I've been doing a bit of army building here and there, but nothing too exciting. I still haven't decided whether or not to open chrome-dome R2- If I do, I know I have to go hunting for the vac C-3PO too.  ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 12, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Nice scores! I've been doing a bit of army building here and there, but nothing too exciting. I still haven't decided whether or not to open chrome-dome R2- If I do, I know I have to go hunting for the vac C-3PO too.  ::)

I opened my Vac Metal C3PO this weekend and he is pretty damn sweet with that shiny metal coating.  I can pring it to the meeting if you want to check it out.  Or you could just buy my spare TC-14...  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 23, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Got my R2-Q5 from Yahoo Japan the other day to finish off Wave 4.   8)  ;D  :-[  Still not sure he was worth the money (okay, he wasn't), but you can easily tell him apart from the Box Set version.  The finish is more Matte on "2-Legs" (even more dramatic in person) and the copyright is on the undercarriage vs. printing on the bottom of his third leg stem.  The foot cables are a little more detailed on 3-Legs as well.  If you have the Box Set version, you're not missing anything with 2-Legs IMO.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:16 PM by JediJman »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 23, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Here's a comparison shot of the R2s (sorry, no Droids R2...yet!).  The Vac Metal is not nearly as critical on the astromech vs. Threepio or TC.

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 16, 2012, 04:27 AM »
Picked up the 2007 Darth Maul Speeder bike box set for $85 with shipping. Looks like they are coming down in prices not like the sky high costs they was asking when released

Noticed there was two on sale on eBay

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Picked up the 2007 Darth Maul Speeder bike box set for $85 with shipping. Looks like they are coming down in prices not like the sky high costs they was asking when released

Noticed there was two on sale on eBay

this is b/c they are re-releasing a variant of it for $40

Offline kaysui0248

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 17, 2012, 06:06 AM »
they should release more or the same variants, especaially those DX secrets, Hammerhead, At-At driver and bring down the prices

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 29, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Picked up the R2-Q5 from Yahoo! Japan.  Although the auction ended for less than I was hoping to spend on the figure, the shipping and fees from Celga will probably end up costing me more than I wanted to spend...

I was also able to work out an arrangement with a Japanese co-worker to get the 400% Teebo, 400% TC-14 and R2-D2/C-3PO B@earbrick 2-pack from the Project 1/6 Store.  I won't get these for a while, but she saved me over $100 on fees and shipping by picking these up for me.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 30, 2012, 11:49 AM »
Bought a full DX4 set on yahoo, then resold everything except the Imperial Commander chase.  :)  I have to admit, the stuff I sold fetched a bit less than I anticipated, but I'm still satisfied with what I wound up paying for the Imperial when the smoke cleared.... 

And some folks on ebay got some nice deals off me.   :D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 30, 2012, 12:06 PM »
Picked up the R2-Q5 from Yahoo! Japan.  Although the auction ended for less than I was hoping to spend on the figure, the shipping and fees from Celga will probably end up costing me more than I wanted to spend...
Bought a full DX4 set on yahoo, then resold everything except the Imperial Commander chase.  :)  I have to admit, the stuff I sold fetched a bit less than I anticipated, but I'm still satisfied with what I wound up paying for the Imperial when the smoke cleared.... 

Congrats guys!  How much did they end up costing you?  Are prices finally coming down on DX4?

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 30, 2012, 04:20 PM »
Congrats guys!  How much did they end up costing you?  Are prices finally coming down on DX4?

Thanks! I got the Imp. Commander for about $250. More than I wanted to pay, but less than I've seen it for sale anywhere.

On everything besides that, I'd say prices have cooled a bit, at least for the time being. Kinda hard to tell, because the only DX4 chases or full sets I've seen listed on ebay have been priced so outrageously high ($900+ full set,  $500 lackey, almost $400 for r2) that no one would ever buy them.  My R2-Q5 sold for a little over $150, which I think is a very fair price.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31 PM »
$250 is a good price for that figure.  I know others weren't as happy with him, but I like the generic Imp Officer.  R2Q5 for $150 is a pretty nice deal too.